TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Okay, I've hheard a lot of people mention single rider lines at sfmm. I've never seen them there though? How does it work?

Simple. If you want to find the single rider line, they are normally near the exit of the ride. You can find them for Green Lantern, Riddler's Revenge, Viper, Revolution, and Lex Luthor. Just be careful with the single rider lines though as they can be as long as the regular line (like for Lex Luthor and maybe Green Lantern).

Also, thanks for the additional pictures, berryfarm.

Okay, I've hheard a lot of people mention single rider lines at sfmm. I've never seen them there though? How does it work?

Simple. If you want to find the single rider line, they are normally near the exit of the ride. You can find them for Green Lantern, Riddler's Revenge, Viper, Revolution, and Lex Luthor. Just be careful with the single rider lines though as they can be as long as the regular line (like for Lex Luthor and maybe Green Lantern).

Also, thanks for the additional pictures, berryfarm.

Realistically there's no chance of waiting longer for a single rider line than a standby line at Magic Mountain. The only ride where that would be theoretically possible is Lex Luthor, but ride ops on LL will close the Single Rider line if the standby line is less than 20-30 minutes long, so it shouldnt ever happen. Otherwise if the park is busy enough to make the single rider line long, then the standby line is also much longer.

Ive used the single rider lines on Lex Luthor, Riddlers, and Green Lantern extensively and have never seen more than 2 or 3 other people in line. The park just doesn't advertise that these lines exist, so the only people that use them are enthusiasts who find out about them on sites like this one. There are posted signs, but they have small writing and blend in with all the other signs so most people don't notice them unless theyre looking for them. Single rider lines for Viper and Revolution are useless on typical days. On busy Summer Saturdays or holidays when lines are unusually long you could use them, but I've never had to since I avoid going to the park on days like that.

AvengedYolo, I'll PM you details on how to find all the single rider lines at SFMM.

The track looks like it was scribbled on a white piece of paper by a four year old with a green and blue magic marker. That's what makes it awesome.

It makes the ride look that much crazier. Old school wooden supports with crazy bright twisted track. The high five element followed by the double down looks like it should be illegal or something. That element is gonna throw you around. Every new RMC project makes me very hopeful for the future of coasters... now if I could only ride one.

I just want to thank my friend who's getting married in New England this year... now I coincidentally get the chance to ride both Twisted Colossus (when it opens) and Wicked Cyclone (August) in the same year! My first and second RMC coasters....

BTW: looks like they're painting the steel beams WHITE after all!

The track looks like it was scribbled on a white piece of paper by a four year old with a green and blue magic marker. That's what makes it awesome.

It makes the ride look that much crazier. Old school wooden supports with crazy bright twisted track. The high five element followed by the double down looks like it should be illegal or something. That element is gonna throw you around. Every new RMC project makes me very hopeful for the future of coasters... now if I could only ride one.

Yes! They just look so...f-d up! Like some of these RMCs just seem like they shouldnt exist, and makes me think "Is that even structurally sound!?" and indeed it's even more epic for those reasons

Have they been putting the connecting plates on the track pieces as they put them up, or are they putting them on now?

Edit: looks like they're not on yet, from the pictures.

They are all on with the exception of the zero g and the double up, since those were both just placed last week.

Have they been putting the connecting plates on the track pieces as they put them up, or are they putting them on now?

Edit: looks like they're not on yet, from the pictures.

They are all on with the exception of the zero g and the double up, since those were both just placed last week.

I was just there today and workers were on the double up section. I'm guessing that's what they were doing (either that or painting).

As of today, the blue and purple trains are fully assembled on the storage tracks. The orange train is present, but it appears the first couple cars will be used for pull-through testing (they were on the track near the base of the lift). I did not see the green train, but as testing will probably start with one train and work up from there it probably doesn't make too much difference if it's not there yet. Based on what I could see, I would expect testing to start either next week or the week after, and provided there are no unexpected issues a Memorial Day opening seems likely at this point. Screampunk District looks like it's coming along well and should be done in a month. I wouldn't be surprised if the area is on par with DC Universe.

In other news, today was a pretty good day at the park. Other than X2 (one train operation) and Superman (one track operation as always), nothing was more than a 10 minute wait. Managed to ride all the coasters, re-ride most of the major ones, and do a few non-coasters as well. No news on Goliath...it was closed with an employee out front and no visible work going on. For anyone going soon, X2, Revolution, Ninja, Apocalypse, and Riddler's all were running one train today and Green Lantern only had three cars (strangely, the line seemed like it may have moved faster with three instead of four). Also saw an idiot GP get ejected after he lost control of his basketball and jumped a fence to retrieve it .

^I believe that Grona Land will balance the load but does NOT have the additional counterweights SFMM added to reduce flipping. IIRC, when TPR visited they did some sort of challenge that increased the amount of flipping.

In the first two years of operation, Gröna Lund had a balancing policy (except when certain Coaster Clubs visited...). They always loaded the cars 2+2. They didn't move people around, so two big guys could sit behind two tiny girls. If we where lucky...

Since then, they have loosened up this policy, it is now ok to ride 2+1 (but not 2+0), and there are no objections if you try to un-balance the cars. We will see soon how it will be done this year, the park will open soon. With the new House of Nightmares...