TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2205 - Opening Day Photo TR!

I wonder how many enthusiasts are talking crap on Twisted Syclone?

Well not many considering to date no ride has been announced called Twisted Syclone.

fa·ce·tious

fəˈsēSHəs/Submit

adjective

treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous;

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jew

• ebl

• robbalvey

• Tmcdllr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swung by the park for a few hours to see how things would be in the covid world, and I have to say that magic mountain did a pretty good job. For those wondering, it appears the only checks for r

SFMM Trip Report. Opening Day, April 1st, 2021.    TLDR: I had a very six flags day (but it was awesome)   After over four years, I finally returned to my home park and self-procla

On Saturday 11/21, Theme Park Review was invited to see the Six Flags Magic Mountain Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience. It’s rare for park patrons to get to drive through a theme park, so this

Posted Images

fa·ce·tious

fəˈsēSHəs/Submit

adjective

treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous;

re·pet·i·tive

rəˈpedədiv/

adjective

containing or characterized by repetition, especially when unnecessary or tiresome.

"a repetitive task"

synonyms: monotonous, tedious, boring, humdrum, mundane, dreary, tiresome

ir·ri·tat·ing

ˈiriˌtādiNG/

adjective

adjective: irritating

causing annoyance, impatience, or mild anger.

"an irritating child"

Edit:

I would like to point out this is not directed specifically at any poster, but rather a general comment about the direction of this thread. We seem to get caught up in making fun of each other more so than discussing our common hobby. There are other threads for off-topic stupidity (like the Darien Lake thread, for example) than this, so let's move on and discuss something worthwhile.

Edited by Password121

Considering the ride is about 120 feet tall and the second piece of the double up is ~40-50 feet tall after less than 2,000 feet of track, I'd say it's more than a safe bet they will offer some solid airtime.

RMC has truly done an outstanding job on the reinvention of Colossus and Wicked Cyclone I mean I am a true Intamin fanboy but I haven't even see one of their coasters where every inch of track just looks like WOW!!! imo. After the neutering of Rev and Colossus us SFMM fans have been crying for years that this park needs something with some airtime. We got Goliath but only came with one airhill some appreciate it others like me are like meh . RMC comes in and finally gives us Mountain dwellers something that looks like it will be airtime galore from the run to the lift hill to the pop up into the final break run looks like there will be airtime with twisty goodness added into the mix. Yes we can pick TC apart and say it could be taller, longer, this or that but what we actually have is looking great to me. I highly appreciate what RMC has done with TC and I truly can not wait to experience Twisted Colossus!!!

And just for those of you who are complaining about the length, just remember that this is the LONGEST COASTER IN THE PARK! 490' longer than Goliath. And more than twice as long as the last new coaster they added: Full (Half) Throttle!

If I were to guess an opening date, I'd say if everything goes on or ahead of schedule, May 23rd. If not, then probably May 30th.

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Ridewatchers » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:08 am

Track. Paint. Testing. Demarche for SF management. Predicting TC opening between June 10th and June 20th. Place your bets, place your bets.

Memorial day seems optimistic.