TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Is anyone else suspicious that there IS more to the ride than going over the loop and RIGHT back into the station? It seems like this has been accepted as fact, but isn't is possible that it flies past back the station...has some sort of terrain-y helix...then come back in?

Do we have any inside info when ride stats/park maps/exact layout will be released? Isn't that something they normally do when they announce? Or no?

Watch the video again - at 0:57 you can see the straight brakes and the turn into the station. You can also see the brakes at the bottom of the drop in the first image.

One thing I love about the ride is it's colors. I really like that it's white instead of something that would stick out more. I think it'll make it less imposing over Revolution than Tatsu is.

Of course Tatsu is quite a bit closer so I guess that helps.

I hope they'll run the ride at a good capacity...At least it has 3 cars per train and could probably run 3 trains, and it's a short second half. seeing one train going through the loop while the other went over the loop definitely looked cool in the video, and with a loop that big I'll bet that'd just be iconic in person. I'm mad about this top hat thing...if this is a top hat, then what are all these other "top hats."

I like the second inversion a lot...it reminds me of the Flying Snake Dive on Storm Runner!

I could go for a Mr. Peanut, Mr. Monopoly, or Penguin re-theme for Full-Throttle and its "Top Hat"...all are suitable replacements.

Edited by The Yeti

I hope they'll run the ride at a good capacity...At least it has 3 cars per train and could probably run 3 trains, and it's a short second half. seeing one train going through the loop while the other went over the loop definitely looked cool in the video, and with a loop that big I'll bet that'd just be iconic in person. I'm mad about this top hat thing...if this is a top hat, then what are all these other "top hats."

I like the second inversion a lot...it reminds me of the Flying Snake Dive on Storm Runner!

I could go for a Mr. Peanut, Mr. Monopoly, or Penguin re-theme for Full-Throttle and its "Top Hat"...all are suitable replacements.

Two things:

1. As Robb mentioned there will not be 3 trains, they will only have 2 for it

2. As cool as it looks with one train going through the loop and the other cresting the top of it, for blocking reasons as Sharktums eluded to, it cannot run that way. If train 2 launches out if the tunnel but does not crest the hill and rolls back while train one is going through the loop, since that is the same block, they could crash.

What will probably happen is the train in the station will not launch until the other train passes a sensor on the downside of the top hat signaling that block is now clear.

This is the same color scheme that Batman once was? I've watched the video a few additional times, I didn't get the backward launch at first, now I see what they where trying to convey, plus it lenthings out the coaster but not in a bad way that will hurt capacity. I dent see them getting rid of it after a season as most have posted. The GP will be surprised by it. I do agree it would be nice to have more after the Top Hat but yes, this coaster is short as the majority of launch coasters are.

Ive read some crazy post and see so many enthusiast are in denial about the coaster. Even saying that its made to add more too it later in a season or two that will never happen. Lets not forget this is Six Flags Magic Mountain. This parks only objective is to stuff as many coasters in the park as possible to it looks like a old house filled with cobb webs, the more space and smaller coasters, the more room. Besides no one is gonna be thinking about Full Throttle length or lack of airtime, next season, we will be focused on rumors for the "2014 project". That said, we should simply appreciate it for what it is.

Two things:

2. As cool as it looks with one train going through the loop and the other cresting the top of it, for blocking reasons as Sharktums eluded to, it cannot run that way. If train 2 launches out if the tunnel but does not crest the hill and rolls back while train one is going through the loop, since that is the same block, they could crash.

What will probably happen is the train in the station will not launch until the other train passes a sensor on the downside of the top hat signaling that block is now clear.

I'm just speculating here, but isn't it possible that the second launch can separate the track into two blocks as well? Let's say train 2 doesn't make it over the final hill and rolls back, while train 1 is still somewhere in the first block. They will both end up stopped in the launch section, where they can be evacuated, launched separately, whatever. I'm not sure if something like that has been done before, but it would theoretically work, no?

Yeah, two block in one launch area could be done, but only if there were two independently controlled launch sections that would work together as one section most of the time. It would cost more money than one launch section and there really is no point to it. The ride is too short to be able to dispatch a train and then load and dispatch another one before the first train gets over the top hat.

It is not going to happen, get over it.

If you watch the video closely, the second train doesn't actually launch until the first train clears the top hat (:55 in the . Not that SFMM employees could ever get that type of interval going outside of pre-loaded media day though.

I have mixed feelings, I don't think this is what the park needed, but it sure does look fun!

Two things:

I'm just speculating here, but isn't it possible that the second launch can separate the track into two blocks as well? Let's say train 2 doesn't make it over the final hill and rolls back, while train 1 is still somewhere in the first block. They will both end up stopped in the launch section, where they can be evacuated, launched separately, whatever. I'm not sure if something like that has been done before, but it would theoretically work, no?

No.

So in effect what you are suggesting is that BOTH trains end up on the SAME launch/brake section? That doesn't sound very safe- does it?

They'll find a way to do it on media day... For press photos ops. You watch. lol

Yeah, then crash!...lol

If you watch the video closely, the second train doesn't actually launch until the first train clears the top hat (:55 in the . Not that SFMM employees could ever get that type of interval going outside of pre-loaded media day though.

That kind of interval, if they were lucky, would last a day or two.

Want to be one of the first ever to check in at the top of a moving roller coaster? Not just at the coaster. Not in line. Actually at the top, right before plunging 255 feet on Goliath. Get your special wristband at the line entrance from 1-5 pm all weekend (Monday too!) and experience Wheat Thins Boldest Check-In!
Interesting..wonder how that works.

457401_10151214467982125_865014768_o.jpg.1ea4962adad6066503546ca7d7590a82.jpg

Want to be one of the first ever to check in at the top of a moving roller coaster? Not just at the coaster. Not in line. Actually at the top, right before plunging 255 feet on Goliath. Get your special wristband at the line entrance from 1-5 pm all weekend (Monday too!) and experience Wheat Thins Boldest Check-In!
Interesting..wonder how that works.

LOL! It makes it sound like they are encouraging people to bring their cell phones on the ride and "check in" at the top of the lift!

Well, this Full Throttle looks cool, unique but not anything great. Especially with all the hype of some epic length record, terrain, Maverick shaming coaster.

Still, I'm going next year and at least there's yet another cred waiting for me.