TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^

I was there today. To be honest, it wasn't all that bad today. We were overstaffed due to Goliath's crew assisting us today; so we were able to take breaks about once every hour or so.

_Six

• 2 weeks later...

I will be at the park next week, anything good or bad going on that I should know about? As far as rides, Freefall, Flashback, and Orient Express will be closed I believe, and X is running one train. Anything else?

Thanks in advance.

The "asian" characters Jahan speaks of in the night parade are the performers from the Chinese Acrobats of Hebei show in the Magic Moments theater.

Jahan's report and pics of the parade couldn't have been more timely, because August 14th will be the last day of the Night parade and fireworks, the opening celebration from 9:30 am to 10:00, the two celebrations at Valencia falls, at 10:30, and 11:00, and the 2:30 celebration in Gotham City Backlot/High Sierra Territory.

Apparently company wide, there were even more cuts, and all over the country the characters will all be 10-7. Once a week Bugs Bunny and 7 other characters will be seen in the park for 4 hours...and that's all.

Alright, so I stopped by the Mountain on my day off to just peak around at Orient Express, Freefall, Circus Wheel, and Flashback. Just to see if there's any progress or change on any of them. I decided not to post the pictures because of the lack of change on anything. Then, as I was going through them today something caught my eye. Ladies and Gentlement...boys and girls...I give you the sign of Flashback's Death. No sign!!!

_six

NewFlash.jpg.faa4a876240f70e406e7c1bfdd0d161d.jpg

This picture was taken yesterday. Notice, wall down along with the Flashback sign. Safe to say now, Flashback will never reopen.

OldFlash.jpg.b0d8c52a7ec0630122931036a1f382f4.jpg

This picture is after the wall was taken down. Taken about a week or so ago.

Yippy Yi Yay yippy yi yo yippy yi yo! Come on a take a ride with the space cowboys! LMAO!

You know its funny as heck when Elissa laughs at it.

Flashback being gone is a good thing. Its been idle for how long now? SFMM has the Dynasty of coasters (when FB is gone it will still be 16 which after aCP's Maverick is done they'll have lost the record but still, I think Shapiro said enough of this crap.

Safe to say now, Flashback will never reopen.

Not quite safe to say it will never reopen. But it is safe to say, if SFMM actually invested enough to get a guy out there with a ladder and a screwdriver to remove the sign, something is going on.

I personally think that they are going to remove all reference to the ride, without actually removing it, like they did with the metro...its not on the map anymore. I dont think they could approve the budget to remove it.

Apparently company wide, there were even more cuts, and all over the country the characters will all be 10-7. Once a week Bugs Bunny and 7 other characters will be seen in the park for 4 hours...and that's all.

Oh trust me, the cuts are in more than just entertainment. Something I want to focus on, potentially, in the next update.

Random guy with a Texan accent to passing supervisor:

"So are you going to save me some money today?"

-Jahan

This might actually be a repost of something I said a long time ago (I haven't been posting for a while-mea culpa) but regarding Flashback:

I was at the media day for Tatsu (still one of the highlights of this year) and while we had some downtime for a promo shot on the other side of Tatsu (media side) I talked to a park rep from the office who gave me this impression when I asked about the status of Flashback point blank---

That it will likely not reopen, and that it will likely be SBNO Until the park needs the space for something else and then it will be dismantled. Until that time the park will just kinda try to hide it in the open. Sorry for the sad news- I got to ride this ride many times while it was still at my home park of SFGA (known as Z-Force there) and then twice while it was at SFMM. I wish it would re-open, but the odds are stacked against that almost 99%

My first post in forever and YAY- it's a bummer!!!

As my strange love for this ride is well known, let me just say that I weep softly for the death of the Intamin Space Diver.

Ahem: You were a coaster for the hardcore my friend. People never understood you. Much like the Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour. But some loved you. I did. I wish you safe journey to the other side. Why you died yet Grizzly at Paramount's Great America remains open is a sad bit of coaster unjustice. May you clank over chiropractors on your way to the scrap metal yard of our hearts. I'll never forget you.

*unavoidably sobs*

meh, they're probably just making a new sign. or renaming it?

I heard that it was only closed because it made it hard to hear for the lifegaurds. so maybe they'll relocate it to somewhere else in the park? I've never been on this one. They cant close it! they just cant!

I think they might be moving it, they might be taking down the sign for relocation, they probably have it in storage. That's why the would take it off the map, it wouldn't be accurate if they moved it, and didnt change the map. I dont know, that's my best guess.