TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best First Drop on a Wooden Coaster? Which one do you think?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say

Legend

The Beast's 2nd lifthill drop into the covered helix &

American Eagle's 147 foot drop into framework

(longest, tallest, fastest racing woodie in the world)

are the best I've been on.

Can't wait for El Toro in 2010!

• 1 month later...

This is easy.

Timber Terror: amazing airtime! I was so shocked. My quote after riding: "Did you feel that?"

Tremors: I'm infatuated with the turnaround. I think I had an expression of pure shock every time, preparing to scream. The drop itself is tall (and the tallest I've been on...too bad) and leads into the first of several outstanding headchoppers (which I love)!

Roar at SFDK is fun because there's that moment where I feel like I'm going to fly out...totally psyches me out.

Timberhawk isn't too well liked as a coaster, but it has a surprisingly decent first drop into a headchopper.

Best pre-lift drop is definitely the drop into the tunnel on SCBB's Giant Dipper. Amazing surprise every time! I swear there's even a bit of air.

You can see how many wooden coasters I've been on...

Voyage's is nice. So is Raven and Legend.

BUT! The best so far for me....

Cornball Express! Laterals and ejector air. A speedy chain lift straight away; then BAM! Out of your seat and into the person/seat to your right. Awesome way to start an EPIC ride.

Of currently existing coasters, El Toro easily.

If we're including past coasters too, tied for first would be Hercules. Before the "holding brake" on the drop of course.

The Beast (again, pre-trimmed) is another very very close second.

Voyage's is nice. So is Raven and Legend.

BUT! The best so far for me....

Cornball Express! Laterals and ejector air. A speedy chain lift straight away; then BAM! Out of your seat and into the person/seat to your right. Awesome way to start an EPIC ride.

I know exactly where you are coming from...New Mexico Rattler's drop is absolutely amazing in the back seat, for the same reasons you mentioned.

But...the original Boardwalk Bullet drop in the back seat is the most extreme drop I have ever felt. It was seriously El Toro-like airtime just with a PTC lapbar...which means it was crazier. Too bad they smoothed it out (although it still rides great and has decent air, just not as good as the original).

I can't wait to bite the bullet

The Legend. Killer airtime in the back seat, into the tunnel with that massive positive g force and lateral as you curve to the right.

El Toro's is amazing, of course, but being 100% stapled into the car kills it for me. The airtime and suddenness of it is great but there are quite a few woodie first drops I like a whooooole lot more.