TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I'm not sure I'm going to wait an hour plus for it when I go to GAdv in a few weeks, because I did it at GAm last year, and have a pass and will be going to GAm a couple more times this year. However, if it's a shorter wait, I'll totally do it again, because I LOVED it! Definitely my favorite interactive shooting ride! It's a great addition for GAdv, and the placement is perfect as well, revitalizing that area (and I love that they kept the Chiller Observatory as an homage - I loved that coaster!) I think the only thing I would have done differently in planning, if I were GAdv management, is actually install The Joker last year in the area between Movietown Arena and Showcase Theater, keeping the DC theme in that same area, and leaving the prime ( and pretty) lakefront location for something... Well, a little more worthy of the spot! Still, getting back to Justice League, it's a great addition, and I definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't before, or are on the fence!

Making my first trip to the park next Wednesday. Looked back a couple pages in this thread, didn't see a recent discussion of Flash pass. What are your thoughts on it? I've got a friend coming in from out of town and I don't get the opportunity to hit theme parks much anymore, so I don't mind shelling out a bit extra if it's worthwhile. Is it too early in the season, or is it worth getting a Gold pass? (Not sure I can talk myself into a Platinum one, especially if it's a little rainy that day which ought to temper the lines a bit.)

The park was very uncrowded today. I rode the new Justice League three times between 1-1:30 pm, improving my score each time, Twice it was a 3 or 4 minute wait, the last time a virtual walk-on. I know next to nothing about these characters but it was still a fun experience. (I'm only familiar with the old 1960's Batman TV show and the current Gotham show.)

Yes, they were checking for season passes to enter the area and also to enter the ride itself.

Being a new ride, it wasn't surprising that it stopped for about 2 minutes halfway through on my third circuit.

Nice addition to the park. I expect it to be jammed for the general public opening on Saturday.

With the addition of joker and battle of metropolis, it's time to retheme the areas these rides were placed. BOM can be called DC comics and the boardwalk with superman and green lantern should also be called DC comics (continued) or have a raised bridge connected the two areas. Joker and Harley quinn should join batman in Gotham city. Poor bizarro, so out of place. It needs to be rethemed again to something western or taken out, it has low ridership anyway.

So I'm making a trek from Maryland to GAdv next Friday the 23rd. I'll likely leave where I live early (because who the hell knows what traffic will be like going up 95 on Friday morning. And when I went last year, I went up 295 instead of spending more $$$ to go up the Jersey Turnpike).

Generally, how are crowds on a Friday in Summer? (I'll probably get a Flash Pass, not sure if it'll be Gold or Platinum).

My Plan of (ride) attack will be the Movietown area coasters (Batman, Dark Knight, Nitro, Skull Mountian), then I'll wind my way around to the back of the park, etc.

With the addition of joker and battle of metropolis, it's time to retheme the areas these rides were placed. BOM can be called DC comics and the boardwalk with superman and green lantern should also be called DC comics (continued) or have a raised bridge connected the two areas. Joker and Harley quinn should join batman in Gotham city. Poor bizarro, so out of place. It needs to be rethemed again to something western or taken out, it has low ridership anyway.

Cool story bro

It is not that easy.

I hope they never remove Bizarro. It's an awesome ride and it's always empty when I've been there. It's a nice break from the lines and I really like it's hidden away location from everything else.

I hope they never remove Bizarro. It's an awesome ride and it's always empty when I've been there. It's a nice break from the lines and I really like it's hidden away location from everything else.

It's also the first ever B&M floorless coaster.

Cool story bro

It is not that easy.

Lmao.

When will people learn that it is Six Flags and they do not care if the theming is cohesive? Bizzaro isn't going anywhere and I hope it doesn't either. It still gives a great ride.

So I'm making a trek from Maryland to GAdv next Friday the 23rd. I'll likely leave where I live early (because who the hell knows what traffic will be like going up 95 on Friday morning. And when I went last year, I went up 295 instead of spending more $$$ to go up the Jersey Turnpike).

Generally, how are crowds on a Friday in Summer? (I'll probably get a Flash Pass, not sure if it'll be Gold or Platinum).

My Plan of (ride) attack will be the Movietown area coasters (Batman, Dark Knight, Nitro, Skull Mountian), then I'll wind my way around to the back of the park, etc.

Over the years I've found that Fridays generally have moderate attendance. It's probably the best day of the week to visit during the summer.

Over the years I've found that Fridays generally have moderate attendance. It's probably the best day of the week to visit during the summer. Enjoy your day.

When will people learn that it is Six Flags and they do not care if the theming is cohesive? Bizzaro isn't going anywhere and I hope it doesn't either. It still gives a great ride.

And to add to this, SF does more decorating than themeing.

Over the years I've found that Fridays generally have moderate attendance. It's probably the best day of the week to visit during the summer. Enjoy your day.

And the reason I picked Friday is because I'm off of work that whole day . . . . not sure if I'll bother with a Flash Pass or not (if as you say Fridays are moderate in attendance, it wouldn't be worth it to buy one).

And I just watched the JL:BFM video on youtube . . . . very impressive Dark Ride

Six Flags Great Adventure invited TPR to the media day for their brand new 4D interactive thrill ride, JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis. It was a perfect day to be at the park. Super friendly Communications Director, Kristin Siebeneicher, kicked off the ceremony by thanking everyone who was attending the media event and also all of the partners that helped bring JLBFM to life.

Then she received a "bulletin" which was the introduction to Park President, Neal Thurman. He was joined by the DC Superheros Wonder Woman, Superman & Batman. He also thanked others who made the ride happen and then went into several details about this new attraction. A warning alert went off with the announcement that The Joker and Lex Luthor were attempting to breach security. The Justice League members left the podium and headed into the ride to help. Neal then called everyone in attendance the Justice League Reserve Team and said the time was now to help save Metropolis. They had a 10 second count down and at zero confetti and fireworks went off.

Now it was time to enter the building. The amount of detail that went into the queue is incredible. There are two main indoor queue rooms before you get to the loading room. The first features statues of Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman along with a monitor that is telling the story line. This story line continues throughout the queue right up till you start the ride. The second room has more monitors and several wall mounted signs that describe the characters and also the ride itself. When you enter the loading room the Cyborg animatronic is there and it is also in sync with the running story line. The detail in Cyborg is awesome.

The ride itself is a great mix of 3D and live room scene's which includes The Joker animatronic. The ride vehicles are comfortable and they move around a lot. I can't say enough about the detail in every aspect of this ride. It's a ton of fun, the gaming element is entertaining, and visually it's amazing.

I really like how they have redone the entire area around JLBFM and renamed it Metropolis. When you enter they have it setup like your crossing the Metro-Narrows Bridge. There's two eateries, Munchopolis and Metro Grill. The bathroom is themed, Chiller's old observatory is now called Lena Luthor Science Explorarium and the Showcase Theater received a facelift.

Great Adventure has upped the game with this new ride and surrounding area. It's the perfect addition to the parks lineup. A huge thank you to the entire Six Flags Great Adventure team for hosting this event and to Robb and TPR for having us cover it!

Here's a video of JLBFM.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Here's several pics of JLBFM and the surrounding Metropolis area.

01.thumb.jpg.041aec1dee615bbc87544a09277a5e32.jpg

Good Morning Nitro!

02.thumb.jpg.c30b4ce6af8ae4d2dbad74a9720fe655.jpg

03.thumb.jpg.2700cf8ec430bed8c944b4ae069a29bf.jpg

04.thumb.jpg.a3c9114942bfddd0b6541d203b08f7d9.jpg

Crossing over into Metropolis

05.thumb.jpg.8240a89eda3834c0ea84049d964399f3.jpg

Metro Grill

06.thumb.jpg.193cc192dbb90ff9a3631354fee1b6fb.jpg

Munchopolis

07.thumb.jpg.694bdd4fa3070a5ff571b944d698b838.jpg

Behind Munchopolis is the Last Remnants of Chiller Repurposed

08.thumb.jpg.88b8633b9d52f2325802f42adbd9cfb2.jpg

Metropolis Themed Restrooms

09.thumb.jpg.d3c47f43d8ae888a52e2bdd29c30d68a.jpg

Revamped Showcase Theatre

10.thumb.JPG.61cfbf98a9d3e61c518a15eabda8ea52.JPG

Today's Star Attraction

13.thumb.jpg.32b0995892b12ea67cad0841304528f5.jpg

Park President Neal Thurman and the Justice League

14.thumb.jpg.215253a43f83d4f8e39cbc177e99f4b7.jpg

Hanging out with the Bat

15.thumb.JPG.cab46de1ed41e0492425734e276ad274.JPG

Group Photo

11.thumb.jpg.2d0cd1ec9121af6f53471f481124a98f.jpg

This entire area looks fantastic!

16.thumb.jpg.1c32a3b395a5cea91af79e1971eb94cc.jpg

Entrance and Outside Queue

17.thumb.JPG.3d0af1a2cd9657796e888a6ad1b4daed.JPG

The first Indoor Queue Room

18.thumb.JPG.fb5f1023250e27e9821edbe5450758bd.JPG

19.thumb.jpg.30cfab379657a35f9b3a82a37dafce5c.jpg

20.thumb.jpg.0e3f0cb43c595edfbeaa0a63bbf56edb.jpg

The Second Indoor Queue Room

21.thumb.jpg.cc9a1e24ffe9cd6754a4846df0570706.jpg

Signs in the Queue that describe the characters and also the ride itself.

22.thumb.jpg.d961756273482bd1615ad92a2649ac3c.jpg

23.thumb.jpg.157a5fe722f14a24a1920840a6a4aa55.jpg

24.thumb.JPG.7991908faae35060a91bf88051e05b45.JPG

25.thumb.jpg.3e8c6666a61ff850a7c30c5276bf251c.jpg

26.thumb.JPG.12e7f05770303163056e533abbe29f69.JPG

27.thumb.jpg.7fe4c9a9ba4934195643f64194db40e0.jpg

28.thumb.jpg.b91678624b63e2200e76218d6c484ae9.jpg

29.thumb.JPG.0ddda638fcbcb6b6fa6fa4fbd5cdaff2.JPG

Entering the Loading Room

30.thumb.jpg.5bf1e580cb299a40d8045177c548f389.jpg

Cyborg

31.thumb.JPG.887d3df3af7c7615b51f0c09767875aa.JPG

32.thumb.jpg.5ca46ab50a31c8ad0684bc6d559911eb.jpg

33.thumb.jpg.521d8c88ad5f5fd0f6c77546ceea7c74.jpg

34.thumb.JPG.33394cc6e57837286924541e8d27b267.JPG

35.thumb.jpg.26583605d03d0271422076b035a8d359.jpg

Happy Riders!

36.thumb.jpg.2b0c3ff2a9704d6fb65ac669902fc68e.jpg

You Exit Through the DC Super Hero Store

37.thumb.jpg.46868e597effba4d54d0ef9f7e9f075e.jpg

38.thumb.JPG.34e57ec1ab3633070d75b5b34c01eb6e.JPG

Park also Provided a Nice Lunch and Snacks

39.thumb.JPG.9ffb3c0f89e791854ad5ef724a5d0757.JPG

Leaving Metropolis

40.thumb.JPG.aebaf1fd13367ed4adc0a0fde49c722c.JPG

Goodbye for now Great Adventure. Thanks for checking out this trip report!

Edited by Sluggo77

I don't know if this is actually true but everyone says the green side flips more than the purple side. If you ride it, see if you can request that side if you're looking for more flips. Your mileage may vary of course...

I got 2 flips on green. It was a quick stop but a success. I finally got my Joker credit and got several laps on El Toro since there was no one waiting in the station and they don't make you walk around like SFNE.

Thanks for covering the event. I'm looking forward to riding it next week, I wish I could have been there for the media event.

It's awesome Larry. Great addition to the park. Glad you couldn't be there LOL!!!! Selfish comment there!

Battle for Metropolis looks like a great mix of animatronics, physical sets and effects, and video. The area surrounding the ride looks great, too. Well done, Sally and Six Flags!

Okay, so I was gifted a last minute trip to New York. I have this coming Saturday free to do whatever I want. I was considering a trip to Great Adventure (I have a lot of Sunday and a few hours on Monday to do New York City stuff that I haven't done before). What will the crowds be awful? If I have to wait 30minutes for food and an hour to do a ride I will skip the park and do Coney Island and other city activities.

Thoughts?