TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Yeah they definitely are.

The new ride looks great. Love the bridge and all the work they did to the new area (though hate that you can still see Autobahn creeping from behind that fence - how very Six Flags). The reviews from the opening yesterday have been overwhelmingly positive. I'm torn between just waiting until later in the year (read: HITP) to ride it, or rushing up there soon to try it out before everything is broken.

Great update! I am really digging the new theming and the ride looks great in that location. One question, though- did the fence separating JL and Old Country look permanent? I am hoping it was just to control crowds since it was a SP preview because it'd be a bummer if that still ended up being a dead end.

I really hope that opening up and utilizing Old Country again becomes the focus of the next couple of years at GAdv. It was such a nice part of the park back in the day, pretty, and also seemed a little quieter, and the improved traffic flow was great as well! Put a Giant Discovery in there, potentially where it can swing over the entry area to the park (similar to SFDK), and maybe a couple of other small flats, or leisurely thrills, and it rebounds from being such a wasted part of the park.

^ Agreed 100%. If they filled in the remainder of that area (please let it be a frisbee or Discovery or whatever for 2018 though I think 2018 is going to be a waterpark year) there wouldn't really be any dead areas of the park, except maybe the area between Toro's drop and Zum's queue, but I could see them opening that all up at some point well down the line, since there are minimal trees back there. Other than that only the lakefront area east of Joker doesn't really have anything going on, and it's fine with me if they keep it that way.

That looks great! I've never ridden a Justice League ride. Do you have to be familiar with the characters in order to follow the ride or not really? Looking forward riding this later in the year and during HITP. Is this a dark ride with guns and you shoot stuff or is it like Spiderman/Transformers?

I'm not sure I'm going to wait an hour plus for it when I go to GAdv in a few weeks, because I did it at GAm last year, and have a pass and will be going to GAm a couple more times this year. However, if it's a shorter wait, I'll totally do it again, because I LOVED it! Definitely my favorite interactive shooting ride! It's a great addition for GAdv, and the placement is perfect as well, revitalizing that area (and I love that they kept the Chiller Observatory as an homage - I loved that coaster!) I think the only thing I would have done differently in planning, if I were GAdv management, is actually install The Joker last year in the area between Movietown Arena and Showcase Theater, keeping the DC theme in that same area, and leaving the prime ( and pretty) lakefront location for something... Well, a little more worthy of the spot! Still, getting back to Justice League, it's a great addition, and I definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't before, or are on the fence!

Making my first trip to the park next Wednesday. Looked back a couple pages in this thread, didn't see a recent discussion of Flash pass. What are your thoughts on it? I've got a friend coming in from out of town and I don't get the opportunity to hit theme parks much anymore, so I don't mind shelling out a bit extra if it's worthwhile. Is it too early in the season, or is it worth getting a Gold pass? (Not sure I can talk myself into a Platinum one, especially if it's a little rainy that day which ought to temper the lines a bit.)

The park was very uncrowded today. I rode the new Justice League three times between 1-1:30 pm, improving my score each time, Twice it was a 3 or 4 minute wait, the last time a virtual walk-on. I know next to nothing about these characters but it was still a fun experience. (I'm only familiar with the old 1960's Batman TV show and the current Gotham show.)

Yes, they were checking for season passes to enter the area and also to enter the ride itself.

Being a new ride, it wasn't surprising that it stopped for about 2 minutes halfway through on my third circuit.

Nice addition to the park. I expect it to be jammed for the general public opening on Saturday.

With the addition of joker and battle of metropolis, it's time to retheme the areas these rides were placed. BOM can be called DC comics and the boardwalk with superman and green lantern should also be called DC comics (continued) or have a raised bridge connected the two areas. Joker and Harley quinn should join batman in Gotham city. Poor bizarro, so out of place. It needs to be rethemed again to something western or taken out, it has low ridership anyway.

So I'm making a trek from Maryland to GAdv next Friday the 23rd. I'll likely leave where I live early (because who the hell knows what traffic will be like going up 95 on Friday morning. And when I went last year, I went up 295 instead of spending more $$$ to go up the Jersey Turnpike).

Generally, how are crowds on a Friday in Summer? (I'll probably get a Flash Pass, not sure if it'll be Gold or Platinum).

My Plan of (ride) attack will be the Movietown area coasters (Batman, Dark Knight, Nitro, Skull Mountian), then I'll wind my way around to the back of the park, etc.

With the addition of joker and battle of metropolis, it's time to retheme the areas these rides were placed. BOM can be called DC comics and the boardwalk with superman and green lantern should also be called DC comics (continued) or have a raised bridge connected the two areas. Joker and Harley quinn should join batman in Gotham city. Poor bizarro, so out of place. It needs to be rethemed again to something western or taken out, it has low ridership anyway.

Cool story bro

It is not that easy.

I hope they never remove Bizarro. It's an awesome ride and it's always empty when I've been there. It's a nice break from the lines and I really like it's hidden away location from everything else.

I hope they never remove Bizarro. It's an awesome ride and it's always empty when I've been there. It's a nice break from the lines and I really like it's hidden away location from everything else.

It's also the first ever B&M floorless coaster.

Cool story bro

It is not that easy.

Lmao.

When will people learn that it is Six Flags and they do not care if the theming is cohesive? Bizzaro isn't going anywhere and I hope it doesn't either. It still gives a great ride.

So I'm making a trek from Maryland to GAdv next Friday the 23rd. I'll likely leave where I live early (because who the hell knows what traffic will be like going up 95 on Friday morning. And when I went last year, I went up 295 instead of spending more $$$ to go up the Jersey Turnpike).

Generally, how are crowds on a Friday in Summer? (I'll probably get a Flash Pass, not sure if it'll be Gold or Platinum).

My Plan of (ride) attack will be the Movietown area coasters (Batman, Dark Knight, Nitro, Skull Mountian), then I'll wind my way around to the back of the park, etc.

Over the years I've found that Fridays generally have moderate attendance. It's probably the best day of the week to visit during the summer.