TPR 2017 Coaster Poll Results!

World's best roller coasters voted by TPR members!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: TPR 2017 Coaster Poll Results!

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:58 pm

Those are some VERY interesting results! Great job to everybody involved in putting that on!

I'm happy to have ridden some of the top coasters including #1, thanks to TPR. ;)

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Condor » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:06 pm

Very interesting! Most of us who have ridden Medusa Steel Coaster love the crap out of it, but how many honestly expected it to be the #1 steel? I bet very few. Great to see it there regardless. Very happy my #1, Skyrush, made top 10 on both the steel and overall lists considering how polarizing it is on here. I frankly expected one of the RMCs to finally topple El Toro from its perch, but it's still holding strong!

A question for Chase, Robb, or others involved: How does one coaster rank ahead of another on the wood or steel-only list, yet rank behind it on the combined list? For example, Balder at #15 is ahead of Boulder Dash at #18 on the combined list, yet BD at #6 moves ahead of Balder at #7 on the wood list. Am I correct to interpret this as Balder comparing more favorably than BD to a majority of steel coasters even though BD scores better when only comparing wooden?

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:07 pm

Coaster at Playland is SO good! Glad it's getting some love here!

Also, I concur that Medusa Steel is amazing. Definitely my favorite steel RMC

Everything else seems to check out as expected. I feel privledged to have ridden 18 of the top 25 coasters at this point, but excited to ride 6 more of them in Europe this June!
Last edited by chickenbowl on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:11 pm.
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Postby cparkes92 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Wondering where SV will end up in this coming year's poll.

Off-topic, but the only thing CP is missing is a decent wooden coaster (all four of KI's woodies are better than Blue Streak IMO)
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby JordyC » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:25 pm

This is so awesome! Thanks for all the effort, guys. It is really appreciated.

Also, I am very glad to see 5 of my top 10 coasters in the top 25 overall!
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 173 || Parks: 34

Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Python 2.0 || Phantasialand || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Angle O. Descent » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:03 pm

Wild Beast needs to be replaced by Wolverine (boobie bouncer) Wildcat, then boys and girls, we have ourselves a believable bottom ten woodie list ;)

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby scbt » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:11 pm

Wow. I would never have guessed that a Togo Ultratwister would have ended up in the top 30 if it had enough riders.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:27 pm

:airtime: :airtimer:

We're Number 8! We're Number 8! (Wood) ... and Number 44/top50 in all coasters!

;)

Thanks to all who voted for (my home) Coaster at Playland(PNE).

And thanks to Robb, AJ and Chase for putting The TPR Poll all together. :smile:
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:02 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:37 pm

Thanks for compiling this! El Toro was the only thing stopping RMC from having the entire top 5. That says a lot about RMC. I remember the Mexico TPR trip raving about how awesome Medusa was, but I'm still stunned to see it beat other steel stalwarts like Intimidator 305 or Expedition GeForce. This is definitely something that wouldn't have happened in the Golden Ticket Awards, so that's one reason why I really appreciate this poll being run.

Angle O. Descent wrote:Wild Beast needs to be replaced by Wolverine (boobie bouncer) Wildcat, then boys and girls, we have ourselves a believable bottom ten woodie list ;)

I actually thought Wolverine Wildcat was a reasonably smooth coaster with some good air. Then again I thought the same thing about Wild Beast.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers
Top 5 Parks- Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Knoebels, Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland
Most Recent Trip Report- Six Flags Mexico

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:42 am

Excellent results! The top 25 lists look like I would expect them to; the ones I've been on definitely deserve to be there, amd the ones I haven't I hear others rave about. RMC and Intamin both highly represented...checks out.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!