SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

P.102 - Electric Eel coaster announced for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nothing beats Cali coasters

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby chickenbowl » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:30 pm

Trogdor: The Burninator!! wrote:Even though it's just a clone, it's way better than ... a Batman clone IMO so I can't wait til this thing opens!

Ummm... :roll:
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage|Coaster, Playland

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby MrSum1_55 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:09 pm

^I actually think that a Batman clone is a better ride than an SRII. Batman has better pacing, and feels like a more "complete" ride (even if the duration from the lift to the brakes is around the same as the ride time on an SRII.

While an SRII is a good addition, I wonder if this will open the possibility for some even better additions in the future. This is to show that SWSD wants to focus more on rides, so maybe one day we could see the next (Florida) Manta, or the next Mako, or the next Kraken. There is a possibility that this could be the gateway to a promising future.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:03 pm

I prefer Batman to a Sky Rocket II for the reasons you said (more complete ride, better pacing, more forceful), but I love both styles a lot and would welcome them at any park.

But from a park's perspective, Sky Rocket II is more compact and just as easy, if not easier to market, as an exciting attraction.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Comet (Great Escape), Cyclone (Coney)
Top 5 Steel- Fury 325, Millennium Force, Twisted Colossus, Wicked Cyclone, Skyrush

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby sfriday1998 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:03 pm

It makes sense they're getting a SRII. Like you said, it's more compact and can be more family-oriented while also being mildly intense. Besides, Batman clones (of which I have ridden none - :cry: ) are, from what I've heard, fairly intense and not for the family. SWSD is focusing on being a family park, with family rides and attractions. Not too thrilling, but tame is okay. Batman clones don't fit this perspective.
Current coaster count: 40
Total credits: 136
Favorite flat rides: New England SkyScreamer, Soarin (Epcot, Disney World Florida), Houdini Great Escape (SFNE)
Favorite Coasters: Millennium Force (CP), Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Batman the Dark Knight (SFNE)
Just living and having a good time
:airtime:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby MICHAELRG » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:08 pm

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Looks like SWSD is getting the same 3 car trains that Tempesto uses, which is great news! I think these SRII models are a lot of fun and it's going to be a great addition to the park.
Coaster Count: 171 Last Coaster: Xcelerator
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Apollo's Chariot 9) Storm Runner 10) Griffon

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Shut It Down » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:39 pm

Looking at the master plan picture and the recent google maps image, it looks like the old hospitatily center is staying. I wonder what they're going to do with it?

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:19 pm

MrSum1_55 wrote:While an SRII is a good addition, I wonder if this will open the possibility for some even better additions in the future. This is to show that SWSD wants to focus more on rides, so maybe one day we could see the next (Florida) Manta, or the next Mako, or the next Kraken. There is a possibility that this could be the gateway to a promising future.

While I'm not sure we'll see coasters on that scale, with the Orcas now having to take a back seat to promote the park, I think a more ride oriented approach will be important to the long term strategy and success of the park. I could only hope that means some innovated dark rides and maybe the addition of a few marquee coasters could be on the horizon with SD.
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Sea World recently announced a great deal on tickets and passes if you buy online. Plus, the return of their food and beer festival for the Spring!

SAN DIEGO (March 28, 2017) — The time is now to visit SeaWorld ® San Diego as the marine park unveils two new admission tickets offering tremendous value for guests. For a limited time only, a single-day ticket for weekday admission is now available for only $55, a savings of nearly $40. Complementing the weekday
ticket is a new any-day ticket offer at just $69, providing guests nearly $25 in savings. These extraordinary offers let visitors make the most of spring at SeaWorld where they can enjoy all the park has to offer including the one-of- a-kind All Day Orca Play. For the next seven weeks, All Day Orca Play is providing a non-stop series of events and programs showcasing the park’s beloved killer whales during regular park hours. In addition to these great new offers, the SeaWorld Fun Card provides unlimited visits to the park for less than the cost of single-day admission which is perfect for this summer’s debut of the all-new Ocean Explorer, Orca Encounter and Electric Ocean™ nighttime extravaganza. With a Fun Card in hand, visitors can also tap into their inner foodie during SeaWorld Seven Seas Craft Beer & Food Festival, weekends in April,plus come back again and again to enjoy the park’s popular Halloween and Christmas seasonal events.

The $55 ticket is valid for weekday visits only through June 16, 2017

The $69 ticket can is valid for a visit any day through June 11, 2017

The $87 Fun Card is valid for unlimited visits in 2017

Offers are only available through advance purchase at www.SeaWorldSanDiego.com or call (619) 222-4SEA.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby bgtlover » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:40 am

sfriday1998 wrote:It makes sense they're getting a SRII. Like you said, it's more compact and can be more family-oriented while also being mildly intense.

I want to know what world a SRII is family oriented....with a 54" height requirement...js
EEheight.JPG
Current Coaster Count: 82
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!