Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 2025 - Hallowfest - New Halloween event for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:40 am

For those who have been this year... How have crowds and wait times been?? Looking at going on a Monday in a few weeks, and was wondering if the Flash Pass is worth the $250... Or if it's not really needed.
Bigger is not always better.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:01 am

Is it Labor Day Monday? Otherwise... wait and see.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:22 am

coasterbill wrote:Is it Labor Day Monday? Otherwise... wait and see.

Absolutely NOT Labor Day lol
Bigger is not always better.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby jconsolmagno » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:52 pm

Footage of jersey devil construction from today

https://youtu.be/W8bkWcoowFs

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:00 pm

Hallowfest logo.png

Six Flags Great Adventure Announces All-New HALLOWFEST
Event features Halloween Thrills by Day and Scary Chills by Night in a Safe Environment

JACKSON, N.J. — August 17, 2020 — Six Flags Great Adventure, the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park, leads the way for Halloween thrills and chills with a new event for the entire family—HALLOWFEST. The event will feature Thrills by Day with family-friendly activities and Chills by Night with rides on monster coasters…in the dark and haunting Halloween theming throughout the park. HALLOWFEST will kick off September 18 and run weekends through November 1 plus October 12. The park will operate from 2 to 10 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, and from 5 p.m. with varying closing times on Friday evenings. Reservations will ensure limited capacity admission, and slots are expected to fill up quickly. The company’s comprehensive and ongoing safety protocols will be in effect for the entire run of the event.

“Our annual Fright Fest celebration is one of the most anticipated Halloween events of the season. Given the current environment, we are taking special precautions this year and offering our guests a version that is still scary, provides lots of thrilling rides and Halloween fun, and most importantly, is safe for our guests and team members,” said Six Flags President and CEO Mike Spanos. “We will operate HALLOWFEST the same way we have operated our parks all summer, with daily temperature checks and face masks required for guests and team members prior to entry, social distancing, and enhanced sanitization measures.”

From 2 to 6 p.m, families and young thrill-seekers will experience HALLOWFEST Thrills by Day including:

- Elaborate fall landscaping displays of pumpkins, colorful mums, cornstalks, hay bales, gourds, and festive inflatables;
Back by popular demand, a Trick-or-Treat Trail with kid-friendly Halloween monsters and individually packaged candy and treats;

- Kid-centric hay bale maze in one direction;

- Fun rides for all ages in the crisp, fall air; and

- Halloween-themed specialty treats, like gooey caramel apples and funnel cakes made with Snickers candy, available for purchase.

For Chills by Night beginning at 6 p.m., all haunted attractions will be available outdoors in the wide-open midways:

- Creepy fog, eerie lighting, and sinister music will create the perfect backdrop for nighttime scares and chills including three haunted trails, four themed zones and street entertainment;

- Six Flags’ signature collection of world-class roller coasters ramp up the fear factor for a heart-pounding HALLOWFEST experience as guests fly through the air at high speeds in total darkness; and

- Halloween gear, such as themed masks, witch headbands, light-up devil horns, and scary apparel, will be on sale along with everybody’s favorite glow-in-the-dark necklaces, bracelets and light sticks.

Six Flags worked in partnership with its epidemiologist consultants to create a safe Halloween experience that meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines. Park attendance will be carefully monitored to avoid overcrowding and all Members, Season Pass Holders, and guests with single-day tickets will be required to make a reservation to attend HALLOWFEST.

All team members (including scare-actors) and all guests 2 years and up will be required to wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the parks;

- No indoor mazes, haunted houses, or indoor shows will be operated; some haunted trails and scare zones will be operated outdoors with social distancing strictly enforced;

- A limited number of nighttime scare-actors will remain at least six feet away from guests and each other;
Guests viewing outdoor entertainment will be separated by at least six feet;

- Props, rides, restraints, handrails, and dining and restroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized regularly; and
Multiple alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the parks for guest and team member usage.

For more information on HALLOWFEST and Six Flags’ comprehensive safety guidelines, visit http://www.sixflags.com/hallowfest
Hallowfest Key Art.jpg
Clown at whack a mole.jpg
Ghouls at carousel.jpg
Hallowfest at dusk .jpg
Hallowfest kids in costumes.jpg

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby CaptainUnknown » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:21 am

robbalvey wrote:From 2 to 6 p.m, families and young thrill-seekers will experience HALLOWFEST Thrills by Day including:

- Elaborate fall landscaping displays of pumpkins, colorful mums, cornstalks, hay bales, gourds, and festive inflatables;
Back by popular demand, a Trick-or-Treat Trail with kid-friendly Halloween monsters and individually packaged candy and treats;

It may be just me, but I don't see what's so Halloween about colorful British mothers...
mummy.jpg

Oh... Right.

It'll be interesting to see how well the event does. And how the scares will be executed. I worked in a haunt with half wall partitions between the actors and guests before and neither the guests or the actors really enjoyed those scenes. You just inherently lose something shouting about how you're going to slice someone's head off and slurp their intestines like spaghetti vs whispering it in their ear--especially when you need to say it through a mask. :Pr
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Six Flags Over Texas

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

Postby coasterbill » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:29 am

It'll do fine. Fright Fest is atrocious anyway and people eat it up. It's not possible for the mazes to get any worse. I walked through a trail last year that was nothing but wood pallets, fog machines and maybe one scare actor that didn't scare anyone. If anything I'll like this better because of the "limited capacity" (lol).

PS: Thoughts on mask compliance at night at a Great Adventure haunt event? Over/under 5%?
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:33 am.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:25 am

I put mask compliance at over. I think people are smarter than they let on .....

Postby coasterbill » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:36 am

Have you been to Great Adventure yet this season? :lol:

I have. I can promise you that they're not.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby JG-77 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:12 pm

What % would you say were wearing masks? Do you think I'd be able to distance most of the time if I came on a monday-thursday?
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!