TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I'm not surprised the Safari is still kick ass. It seems like a real shining star in the park. Until the end when they remind you of how awesome humans are by deforestation and killing off animal species one at a time... Those bastards talked me into buying the $5 donation pin. It's the only way you can buy back some of your good conscious, so hopefully they still sell that guilt over your car radio or something.

^Lol how much of that $5 pin actually went to conservation? Knowing how Six Flags charges $10 for a bottle of water, I wouldn't put it past them to take a massive cut. "Ohh it's conservation of OUR OWN animals, AKA we use that money to buy food to feed the safari animals" JK that actually sounds like a pretty nice gesture to do

• 2 weeks later...

^ Moreys has been on a hiring spree, and most of their bars with outdoor seating have been open already. They'll no doubt announce full opening plans soon (though sounds like Adventure pier will not open at all this year).

If Great Adventure manages to run & enforce as well as what I've been hearing about ops down at Over Georgia, I'll be looking forward to a trip later this summer or in early Fall.

Also, if this means that the end of the Drive-Thru Safari is near, I would definitely encourage anyone who hasn't checked it out as of yet to try and make it before they close it off to personal vehicles once again. My family and I drove through a couple weekends back and it was absolutely awesome. Highly recommended.

I have a hunch about Moreys openings because I have informed sources, but my sources at Great Adv have been tight lipped. This thread is generally a busy bunch so if someone knew something it would be posted here. All we know for sure is the park has been given a green light to open at half capacity. Restrictions, etc are coming per the announcement. And nothing is ever official until the parks announce it.

We do know that SF and Moreys are both hiring. So that's good. But those people also need to be trained, which is usually a few weeks. We also know that neither will have the influx of internationals that usually work the park/piers and when you combine that with locals who are laid off and making more money than they were prior to shutdown (so if they can continue to lay on their lazy asses and make even more money that will choose to do that) staffing for any parks in the area is not looking good. Not to say they won't open, but if people expect Six Flags usually-stellar* operations they might as well stay home.

(*that's called sarcasm, kids)

Edited by boldikus

Great Adventure has a stunning ability to staff the park when they should never be able to. I honestly expect almost everything anyone cares about to open aside from the indoor stuff (maybe), maybe Safari if they're still making bank with the drive-through thing, Kingda Ka if they want to be cheap and blame it on something stupid and maybe stuff like Zumanjaro / Bizarro that's located off in bumblef*ck. Honestly I wouldn't even be shocked if some of that stuff opens.

I also expect 99% of food places to be closed and lines for water to be unbelievable. I'm looking forward to the complaints from people who waited 45 minutes for water to save $4 at the vending machine because those posts are coming and I want you to know in advance that you're dumb and I hate you.

I'm personally just stoked to ride a couple good/great coasters nearby. I know its going to be a shitshow but I'm prepared for it.

I agree about the park doing a great job having enough staff. My last 2 visits were the Tuesday after Labor Day and Veteran's Day. I was impressed that only 2 or 3 rides were closed in the entire park both times when I would have expected a lot more to be closed, especially on a Monday in November when Jackson and some other NJ schools were in session that day.

I'm glad it's not just me who's impressed with that.

They can last-minute decide to open on a random Wednesday night in late October for Fright Fest and then people post pictures of them riding Skyway with both sides operating or something crazy like that. I don't know how they do it. I think they have Oompa Loompas.

I know this isn't a thread for it but since we're talking about Jersey reopening (and I don't even think there is a thread for this park), Gillians Wonderland in Ocean City has announced they will be opening July 2nd. I would expect Playlands Castaway Cove to quickly follow suit since they are competitors. I'm certain Moreys will be soon after.

Ugh, I never do this but screw it, we need some good news.

Park is announcing tomorrow they will be opening on the 4th. Safari remaining as a drive-thru until it closes in the Fall. But you didn't hear that from me.