TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I was there yesterday (Monday) and almost everyone wore masks in some way, although 5% improperly early in the day up to 20% by the end, and only improving very slightly in tight spaces. As to actual distancing, there was almost none.

If you arrive early, the entry sets the tone for the day. They have set up a gigantic queue maze to get into the temperature screening but if there is any distancing it is hard to tell as everyone is walking back and forth by each other over and over. If you slow down, some kids will probably pass you.

At Batman, the grouper was waiting until the row gates opened to let groups into the enclosed row queue room without waiting in there, but the stairway became one of the most claustrophobic spaces I've witnessed. Etc.

They have some inside places to get food but you have to go outside to eat it.

I made a mistake to not decide to get minimal Flash pass at first sign of issues. By later on it didn't seem that worth it, although probably because I don't know how much it helps. I was unwilling to wait long enough ride Ka after not proceeding to it before seeing it run. Instead I got the perhaps the best ride I've had this year, on Nitro, including the slight miracle of a single reride back row before the crowd hit. I had the luck to be next for front row on Toro and the luck for it then to go down. After that it was OK but didn't thin out at all going towards the early 7 PM closing.

Unlike my less crowded November trips, more animals were on display and Congo Rapids was open. Amazing but you will get wet from the waist down at least. Use lockers or plastic bags for stuff.

2 Batman

2 Nitro

2 Toro

2 Bizarro

1 Joker

2 Zum

1 Skyway

1 Congo Rapids

---

+

1 OCNJ later

1 3:30 AM home

I was there Sunday and Monday also and was suprised so many were wearing masks. Social distancing however does not exist here at all. On a side note for those in our boat of coming from another, closed six flags park (Ours, Darien Lake) I had A chat online about using our season passes without a prior visit to our home park and using them elsewhere and was told that is being allowed this year, however, it was a bit of a hassle on our second day as our passes were not scanning as valid even though they were. If you are in this situation, ask for a supervisor and they will check it out and let you enter. It cost us about 15 minutes extra to enter and re-entry was also a problem. I suggest stopping at guest services prior to re-entry and with a little patience and another supervisor visit (another 15 minutes extra) they issued comp tickets for re-entry. You will have to do this every time and suggest planning for this.

On a more positive note, everything was running and ops were better than we expected. This was my families first visit here in 9 years and you can forget how non stop aggressive fantastic El Toro is. Nitro is stil my #2 B&M hyper and how much fun this park is. We are off to the park now for our 3rd and final day and hope it goes great.

" I suggest stopping at guest services prior to re-entry and with a little patience and another supervisor visit (another 15 minutes extra) they issued comp tickets for re-entry."

Wouldn't you just get a hand stamp for reentry in this situation? Just like any daily ticket holder would? Most parks (before photos) used to only allow one scan per day anyways and always issued a stamp. I'd assume that's still a thing?

" I suggest stopping at guest services prior to re-entry and with a little patience and another supervisor visit (another 15 minutes extra) they issued comp tickets for re-entry."

Wouldn't you just get a hand stamp for reentry in this situation? Just like any daily ticket holder would? Most parks (before photos) used to only allow one scan per day anyways and always issued a stamp. I'd assume that's still a thing?

Cedar Fair parks did away with hand-stamps for this year (probably something about touching people), and instead issued return tickets to daily-ticket entrants and allowed multiple scans for season passes.

^^-- as does Great Adventure. And don't throw away your reservation, if printed, if you want to leave the parking lot.

The end of hand stamps, perhaps the only COVID-related change I'd like to see permanent -- though slightly odd now, as I'd think they'd want to count how many leave and aren't coming back..

With no hand stamp, how does a single day ticket holder get back in? Unless they swipe a photo for single day ticket holders too. Any other way would be completely abused to get other people in the park without paying. You can't scan a single day ticket more than once. And what would stop a membership/season pass holder from getting an exit ticket and giving it to someone else, and getting into the park again with their own pass?

Unless I'm missing something obvious.

With no hand stamp, how does a single day ticket holder get back in? Unless they swipe a photo for single day ticket holders too. Any other way would be completely abused to get other people in the park without paying. You can't scan a single day ticket more than once. And what would stop a membership/season pass holder from getting an exit ticket and giving it to someone else, and getting into the park again with their own pass?

Unless I'm missing something obvious.

When exiting the park, single-day ticket holders get a re-entry ticket from someone handing them out at the exit. As for your second question, no idea how they stop people from gaming the system.

From what I understand (which could be wrong), it depends on how busy the park is. If the park is empty enough that they’re losing money, they may use weather as an excuse to close, but if it’s crowded enough that they’re making money, they have been known to keep the park open in a hurricane. Besides KK I think most rides will run in the rain.

From what I understand (which could be wrong), it depends on how busy the park is. If the park is empty enough that they’re losing money, they may use weather as an excuse to close, but if it’s crowded enough that they’re making money, they have been known to keep the park open in a hurricane. Besides KK I think most rides will run in the rain.

That's exactly correct. All of it.

Damn, I wouldn't mind riding Toro, Nitro, Superman: Ultimate Flight, Bizarro, etc in a rainstorm!

^ I think the biggest issue with Cedar Fair this year is their stubbornness to run any attraction with anything less than a full crew, so they've had an issue with staffing. Six Flags doesn't mind running rides with bare-bone ride crews and having a bazillion food locations closed.

That being said, I'm excited to see Holiday in the Park return and will definitely make it down there unless they have to close for some reason.