TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ To clarify, Kings Island is skipping seats on Orion, just not rows. They are alternating inside, outside, inside, outside, etc. This basically cuts the capacity in half. But that's much better than what I saw at SeaWorld Orlando on Mako where they skipped every other row, so it often ran at much below half capacity unless it boarded all groups of 4.

It doesn't eat up lines now since the park is skipping seats. I was actually surprised by that since Hershey isn't on Candymonium and Kings Island isn't on Orion.

Ah yeah I forgot about all that. Still going to push crowds into other lines and places in the park which definitely hurts them under these circumstances.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

So Nitro's definitely open then...

I see no social distancing in line, a guy with a mask on his ear, a lady in the corner of the video with it on her chin and another coming back down the queue with no mask all within the first two minutes...

I posted this in the TPR Facebook group (which you should all join if you haven't already) but I figured I'd share it here also.

We went to Six Flags Great Adventure today for the first time since they reopened. Overall we had a great day, but there are definitely a few things worth noting (both good and bad).

- The new entrance experience is great and way more high-tech than I would expect from Six Flags. You walk through the temperature screening in groups without even slowing down, same with the new metal detectors. I hope those new metal detectors are permanent and I’d assume that they are.

- Anyone expecting any of the advertised social distancing or mask wearing guidelines to be enforced or adhered to will be disappointed. Social distancing in queue lines is not a thing. There are stickers but they’re all entirely ignored. Honestly I don’t know why that is, I know some people don’t like masks but I wasn’t aware that there were people clamoring to be right on top of a bunch of strangers on a hot day in a queue line. I kind of feel like the more personal space the better, covid or not but I guess we’re in the minority.

- They’re pushing mobile ordering for food now and we had a good experience with it. Shockingly quick and easy for Six Flags...

- Diamond and Diamond Elite members need to get the skip the line passes early. We waited ONE HOUR to get 3 skip the line passes that were included daily with our pass. It’s tempting to go straight to a ride when the park opens to ride it with no line and come back later for the passes. Do not do that (okay... maybe do it with Wonder Woman, and on that note...)

- Don’t get a skip the line pass for Wonder Woman. Brit waited an hour and a half with a skip the line pass (she encouraged me to bail and ride Nitro if I wanted and I didn’t need much convincing). The regular line was probably shorter. Nitro and El Toro handled Flash Pass really well and we barely waited at all. I recommend getting passes for those.

- El Toro is an un-freaking-believable roller coaster.

It seems weird to say this in July but I guess the park did just open, so hopefully some of the kinks get worked out soon and hopefully they get better with enforcing their policies. Still, we had a great day and it was great to be riding Nitro and El Toro again!

108520424_10221423121681852_6313142633817347472_n.thumb.jpg.bf3d6b3836c3ccb10854ae3e8965e29d.jpg

I was there yesterday as well.

Figuring "well with reduced capacity, might as well use my brain and get a (Gold) Flash Pass". Really didn't have that long a wait for the most part; except for Wonder Woman. Later in the day, even Batman and Nitro (one point, the FP did say line full) had 20 minute waits.

Our mistake was assuming that it would be quick to get the Diamond Elite skip-the-line passes after doing it at Six Flags Mexico and seeing it take 30 seconds so we figured that when we got there right at open it would make more sense to go to Nitro and get on that with no wait than go and get the passes right away because we didn't think it would be that hard to get 3 paper vouchers. Once we got them, actually using them on El Toro and Nitro was a breeze. Only Wonder Woman was a nightmare. Other than that we did standby and never waited all that long for anything but we also weren't really stressed about running around and riding as many rides as possible since it's our home park. We were happy to have a few drinks, relax, ride some things and look at some animals.

PS: Kingda Ka has opened for the season

Edited by coasterbill

^ Sounds like the early reports have been positive from here so far. That's good to hear

I don't want anyone to interpret my report as overly "positive". We had fun because Nitro and El Toro can make up for whatever operational clusterf*ck bullsh*t and nonexistent covid policies they throw at us but other than the new entrance policy and mobile ordering at certain food places (I've heard it's been a mess at others) I don't feel like they actually know WTF they're doing. El Toro just makes you forget all of that by being incredible.

Edited by coasterbill

- Anyone expecting any of the advertised social distancing or mask wearing guidelines to be enforced or adhered to will be disappointed. Social distancing in queue lines is not a thing. There are stickers but they’re all entirely ignored. Honestly I don’t know why that is, I know some people don’t like masks but I wasn’t aware that there were people clamoring to be right on top of a bunch of strangers on a hot day in a queue line. I kind of feel like the more personal space the better, covid or not but I guess we’re in the minority.

- They’re pushing mobile ordering for food now and we had a good experience with it. Shockingly quick and easy for Six Flags...

- Diamond and Diamond Elite members need to get the skip the line passes early. We waited ONE HOUR to get 3 skip the line passes that were included daily with our pass. It’s tempting to go straight to a ride when the park opens to ride it with no line and come back later for the passes. Do not do that (okay... maybe do it with Wonder Woman, and on that note...)

Mobile ordering has been great at the 6 Six Flags I have been to so far this summer... however it was putrid at Six Flags America this past weekend. Even though they are pushing it at every station, employees aren't looking for it.

Now at parks like Over Georgia, Frontier City, Fiesta Texas, it is very seamless. I think it has to do with management more than anything, as they system is in place to work and I have seen it.

Skip the line passes are confusing across the chain... at Over Georgia, you can't go to the Flash Pass line to get them, you have to go to Member Services... which is the opposite at some other parks this year (Fiesta Texas)... but then Over Georgia waits a few cycles to accommodate you, sometimes as many as 6, whereas other parks throw you on immediately.

For social distancing, at Six Flags America, they were holding the rides and had security show up more frequent than any other park to lines that people weren't spread out in. They took the yellow markers very seriously here, probably as serious as Fiesta Texas. Some parks haven't cared at all Six Flags White Water and Over Texas come to mind.

People at every park have disregarded the yellow markers, in every state that has a SF park this year. I don't think it's unique to anyone person's beliefs or any park in particular.

So, with a plat flash pass, can I pretty much walk on rides here now days? I'm looking at a Sunday and have never been. Pretty much just coasters.

It depends on the ride but every ride except Wonder Woman should have a very short wait.

So, with a plat flash pass, can I pretty much walk on rides here now days? I'm looking at a Sunday and have never been. Pretty much just coasters.

It depends on the ride but every ride except Wonder Woman should have a very short wait.

When I went back on the 5th, later in the day; Batman & Nitro even had 20 minute waits. At one point, I wasn't even able to make a reservation for Nitro.