TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

"Guests will be required to proceed through a temperature check and then directly to Nitro where their mask will be permanently frozen to their face".

... I like it

^ I think the biggest issue with Cedar Fair this year is their stubbornness to run any attraction with anything less than a full crew, so they've had an issue with staffing. Six Flags doesn't mind running rides with bare-bone ride crews and having a bazillion food locations closed.

Maybe, I don't know. Not doing a Christmas event because of Covid in any park that's open through October is stunningly stupid. Nobody will have an issue covering their faces... they do it anyway voluntarily. Crowds are lighter in general. Crowds are better behaved in general because those events target families so they're more likely to follow the new rules. Christmas events are already perfect for this crazy new reality.

Edited by coasterbill

I'm really impressed that they're going for it and don't see it as less safe than the mall opening indoors in the middle of winter! At least people will be outdoors and happily wearing a face covering!

I really hope we don't still have a face-covering mandate by then. I can barely stand wearing a mask for more than a few moments, which is why haven't been to any amusement parks since this whole mess started. It's also why I do all my grocery shopping online with curbside pick-up.

I'm really impressed that they're going for it and don't see it as less safe than the mall opening indoors in the middle of winter! At least people will be outdoors and happily wearing a face covering!

I really hope we don't still have a face-covering mandate by then. I can barely stand wearing a mask for more than a few moments, which is why haven't been to any amusement parks since this whole mess started. It's also why I do all my grocery shopping online with curbside pick-up.

The face mask mandate will be here till at least a year from now. They will not lift that until mass people would be able to receive the vaccine and that’s not happening for at least a year. They were actually just talking about it last week in a press conference. So yes more then likely all of next season will be very similar to this one with masks and social distancing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can’t cover your face when it’s like 35 degrees? Most people just do that voluntarily at Holiday in the Park. No pandemic necessary. It’s a lot less annoying than doing it outdoors in the summer or even inside a 70 degree building.

I mean, usually people question me NOT covering my face on Nitro in the winter (but I’m here for a good time not a long time).

Edited by coasterbill

I mean there are worse options than masks.

Disclaimer: These are actually for noise, and were installed way before the pandemic because Lotte World is in an area surrounded by apartments which sell or rent for unbelievable prices (Over $1,000,000) but there are way worse options that can take away from ride experiences than having to wear a mask.

P1150303.thumb.jpg.9648712ba3830ddd0a4a6417acef23a3.jpg

P1150400.thumb.jpg.1c00c16418e0399ff2b8162f71cb138b.jpg

That last one is an upgrade, they used to be full helmets with foam insulation that blocked your view on the top and so scratched you were blocked on the bottom, and the black foam would feel like an oven in the summer.

P1010426.thumb.jpg.dc760e5f820971d750c7284ef42351fb.jpg

Old news, but Justice League opened for the holiday weekend. I guess they were waiting on approval from the state to open "Indoor Amusements" but as soon as they got it they opened the ride.

(The two indoor coasters have been open since day one with large bay doors open and fans circulating air).

Edited by coasterbill

See, Skull Mountain with the roll-up doors open would still work since it was just an indoor, in the dark coaster. Dark Knight, though, wouldn't that ruin most of the effects since it was so reliant on lighting?

From what I hear, it's about 45 min of driving, with additional time if you want to explore camp aventura

Edit: nevermind, I forgot it's drive through this year.

Edit2: The website says to budget 3 hours to drive through

I'm seeing some pictures circulating online that El Toro now has metal detectors.

If the park is going to have the no loose article rule, I'm in favor of this as opposed to being interogated by an employee at the entrance. The past few times I've had to turn a few cargo pockets inside out so this may accelerate things.