The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: brneff99 and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby CedarFlags » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:22 pm

I think the most impressive part of Iron Reef is the scenery work that was all done in house by Knott's. I wish the rest of the story telling experience of the ride measured up to it.

Overall it's fine, but it's definitely an "only if the line is short" kind of ride for me.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:56 pm

SharkTums wrote:^^I still don't understand your hatred of Iron Reef. It's a really awesome dark ride for a regional theme park.

Yeah, after riding it a couple of times at WCB, I don't understand the hate for Iron Reef, either. I'd love to see Kings Dominion get something like it.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:49 am

SharkTums wrote:^^I still don't understand your hatred of Iron Reef. It's a really awesome dark ride for a regional theme park.

I honestly enjoyed all the Sally off the shelf shooting dark rides I've been on way more than Iron Reef. I felt like Iron Reef was a very cheap attempt at Cedar Fair trying to be high tech.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:08 am

^Agreed.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:05 pm

2016 Knotts Berry Farm Announcement!

In 2016, Knott's Berry Farm’s Ghost Town will celebrate its 75th anniversary with two major offerings next summer. Additionally, a complete restoration of Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant is underway and will re-open in spring 2016.

Highlights coming to Ghost Town in summer 2016:

- The centerpiece of the summer 2016 celebration is the interactive entertainment experience, Ghost Town Alive!, which immerses guests in new stories and adventures in the familiar town of Calico

- Ghost Town Alive! will allow guests young and young at heart to live the west through inventive new ways to interact with characters and environments as each day, a different story will unfold throughout all of Ghost Town

- Guests play an active role in shaping the events of the day

- Construction is underway on a new Calico Stage, which will open across the train tracks from its current location, in the area Screamin’ Swing formerly occupied. The stage, themed after an old abandoned mine, will feature an all-new show for summer 2016.

- The west is about to get even wilder when GhostRider, the longest, fastest and tallest wooden rollercoaster on the West Coast, returns from its nine month restoration with all new trains that will gallop along over 4,500 feet of new wooden track

- Since September 2015, work has been in progress to completely restore and preserve this classic wooden rollercoaster. The project is a partnership with Great Coasters International and includes re-profiling and a complete wooden re-tracking of the entire 4,533 ft. long track.

- All of the coasters trains will be replaced with new state of the art Millennium Flyer trains designed to look like mining cars, each with gold, silver, or copper accents. As part of the construction, the mid-course brake run will be removed, allowing riders to enjoy a relentless, ride from the moment the train descends the first 108 ft. drop to the moment it returns to the station’s new, smooth magnetic brake run.

Complete refurbishment of Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant:

- The restaurant will close on January 4 the grand re-opening in spring 2016

- The project will refresh and preserve the original “tea room” dining room and bring cosmetic and thematic upgrades throughout the restaurant’s other dining areas

o Throughout the restaurant’s four main dining rooms and two banquet rooms, all furniture, flooring, lighting, and décor will be renovated

o The large dining room to the right of the main entrance will be remodeled with a look inspired by Mrs. Knott’s kitchen pantry, as the room will be adorned with a potbelly stove and nods to Cordelia’s home kitchen, evoking themes of warmth, family, and togetherness

o The main dining room accessible from the courtyard entrance will be divided into two smaller dining rooms, with a theme inspired by farmhouse motifs

o For the first time, a new outdoor seating area on the restaurant’s north side will allow guests to dine al fresco with beautiful and unique views of the MarketPlace fountain, the theme park’s Ghost Town, and the newly restored GhostRider roller coaster

- The restaurant will feature a new, welcoming lobby area, where diners who provide a cell phone number will be sent a text message when their table is ready, allowing more time and flexibility to explore the Knott’s MarketPlace or to grab a drink around the restaurant’s new full service bar, which will replace the restaurant’s Garden Room.

Knott's Ghost Town 75th Logo.jpg
Ghost Town Marshall and Cowboys.jpg
Ghost Town_Famed Water Pump.jpg
Ghost Town_Family on Main Street.jpg
Ghost Town_Main Street.jpg
Ghost Town_Marshall.jpg
GhostRider MF Train Render 1.jpg
GhostRider MF Train Render 2.jpg
GhostRider MF Train Render 3.jpg
GhostRider MF Train Render 4.jpg
GhostRider MF Train Render 5.jpg
Knott's Ghost Town Calico Stage_Rendering.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:57 pm.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:10 pm

At least they are re-working Ghostrider properly instead of pulling a Gwazi.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manic Monte » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:11 pm

This is GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!!!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:12 pm

Now that the announcement is out of the way - I just really REALLY hope that they are doing something very different to Ghostrider than what they did to Gwazi and Wildcat, because both of those rides were back to being rough as hell 6 months after they re-opened, only for Gwazi to be permanently closed 2 years later. At least Boulderdash is still running well, which interestingly enough still runs the PTC trains.

Crossing fingers this works out because I'd really like to see Ghostrider return to being the ride it once was, and more than a short-term amount of time.
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:13 pm.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:13 pm

NO MIDCOURSE?! HOLY CRAP ON A STICK THAT RIDE IS GOING TO BE A WORLD CLASS WOODIE AGAIN!!!!!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:23 pm

The difference between Gwazi, Wildcat and this should be the level of "retrack." I think GCI retracked a few layers of Gwazi, but the whole track was damaged, so it didn't completely solve the problem. From the pictures I've seen, GhostRiders renovation looks much more extensive than either of those, so I have very high hopes that it will be top quality again!

And yay for no mid course! (KBF knew exactly who was reading the PR when they wrote that! ;) ) we may be seeing the strongest airtime on a "GCI" yet!
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!