Parks people NEED to go to

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: Parks people NEED to go to

Postby x2isawesome » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:27 pm

I'm also going to pile onto the knoebels love. don't miss disneyland or cedar point either.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby tinaalsgirl » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:34 pm

Silver Dollar City and Dollywood.

Disney World.

For parks I've heard of but not been to yet, Carowinds and Cedar Point seem like they'd be super fun, particularly if you're into coasters.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:44 pm

Silver Dollar City is a MUST visit park!!
Bigger is not always better.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby RoxasBraveheart » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:50 pm

Just for some quick context, I'm probably traveling alone, and I'm pretty much open to most types of parks. I love themed parks like Disneyland (my childhood theme park) with dark rides and the like, as well as parks like Cedar Point (example, I've never been to but probably should) with many rollercoasters.
Oh, yeah, I should probably tell you guys my park list:
Disneyland
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
Universal Hollywood
SFMM (see a pattern?)
SFDK
CA Great America
Disney World
I also have a Six Flags season pass, so I'll most likely hit the SF parks first (despite how they aren't as good as others, but cash is cash)
Keep on thrilling, TPR! :)
Power to the Coasters main blog: powertothecoasters.netlify.com

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:13 pm

^ Well, if you ever get over to the Seattle area (Wild Waves, etc.) be sure to include a drive over the border
(we're roughly 3+ hr's drive, incl.the border, from SEA), and check out Playland(PNE), w/Coaster and a great
flat rides lineup, including an intense StarFlyer, The Beast w/two seating directions to choose from (!), and such.

http://www.pne.ca

Just suggesting. =)

p.s. And of course in the Portland/Oregon area, there's Oaks Amusement Park,
and Enchanted Forest, two really great parks, with great rides and attractions!
TheBeast.JPG
The Beast at night.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:10 pm

These are my favourites:

Disneyland
Knott's Berry Farm
Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Silver Dollar City
Holiday World
Kings Island
Cedar Point
Dollywood
Hersheypark
Knoebels
Six Flags Great Adventure
Morey's Piers

Somewhere in that list should be something for you.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:22 pm

I shall add my name to the list of Knoebles lovers. That's probably the park that in my opinion, you do need to go to at some point in your life. It's quite a trek from where I assume you live, but it's worth it.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Kemotblue » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:18 pm

If you plan on visiting Six Flags Over Texas and have a Six Flags Pass or Membership. There is a small park just a short 3 hour drive north called Frontier City located in OKC. It's a small park but it's a Six Flags park with one them Wild West. The park doesn't have much in the way of marquee coasters just a small collection of coaster a couple are vary rare coaster credits like Diamond Back Arrow Looping Shuttle coaster that was the top half of Lightning Loops and Silver Bullet a Schwarzkopf prototype Looping Star coaster. It was the first Looping Star and the only one with the one time Ejector air in the course. The park is also the birthplace of the modern day Gunfighter Stunt Show and the longest running Stunt show in a themepark. 61 years going strong.

OKC in general if you are here has several very unique museums and attractions. The American Banjo Museum, The national Racing Pigeon museum The Oklahoma Rattle Snake Museum and some more traditional very down to earth museums like The National Cowboy Heritage Museum. Also The Oklahoma City Zoo one of the nations largest zoos. The city also has the Wheeler Ferris Wheel that came from The Santa Monica Beach Boardwalk and has been showcased in many movies, TV shows and Music Videos. It was bought off Ebay in a Charity Auction. If you are feeling adventurous their is very large adventure theme park right in the downtown area called Riversport Adventure one of the main attractions is a very large White Water Rafting course.

Postby prozach626 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:41 pm

Cedar Point is the starter pack. Most people new to the game absolutely love it. Try to stay at Breakers resort for the full experience. This is a two day park. Budget for Fast Lane Plus.

Trying to be unbiased, here are some other big dogs as far as coaster count/quality go:
Hershey Park (PA) (Has a resort for a unique experience)
Carowinds (SC/NC)
King's Dominion (VA - One hour from Busch Gardens Williamsburg)
King's Island (OH - Cincinnati area. Few hours from Cedar Point)
Canada's Wonderland (Toronto)
Knott's Berry Farm (Assuming you've been)
Six Flags Great Adventure (NJ)
Six Flags Over Texas (TX)
Six Flags Great America (Chicago)
Six Flags Magic Mountain (Assuming you've been)
Six Flags Over Georgia (Atlanta)
Busch Gardens Williamsburg (VA)
Busch Gardens Africa (Tampa) (Close to Orlando)

Other Noteworthy Theme Park Experiences, some of which are less coaster oriented:
Silver Dollar City (Branson)
Dollywood (Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg)
Holiday World (Especially if you're into wooden coasters and one hell of a water park)
Knoebels (Close to Hershey Park. Very few coasters, but very unique)
Six Flags Fiesta Tex (Few hours from Six Flags Over Texas)
Sea World Orlando (A few really good coasters and a ton of marine life entertainment)
Kennywood (Pittsburgh)
Lagoon (Utah)
Kentucky Kingdom (Louisville)

Most of these are parks that any coaster buff would like to check off of their list.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Lemur » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:57 am

A lot of it depends on what sort of experience you're looking for. For a more adult-oriented and historical experience, I'd say Coney Island for the Cyclone and the Freak Show as well as the general people watching as well as drinks at Ruby's and Nathan's hot dogs. (If you aren't getting drinks at Ruby's, you're doing it wrong though the Freak Bar is pretty good too.) If you want boardwalks but less New York, there's Seaside Heights and if still too much New York for you, there's Wildwood (but keep in mind you're trading New York for Philadelphia). For a more family-oriented and wholesome experience, Knoebel's is a great one-two punch with Hershey though you could easily do two days at either park. A lot of it depends on your geography and willingness to travel as well as what sort of experience you're interested in.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!