Well, here we are. Once again we find ourselves in the deep deep depths of the off season... so its time to have ourselves some more of those #myspacevibes of the 40 Random Questions Thread™. Newcomers - check out previous installations here
. Shouts to PKIJizzman
for contributing some questions this year, we're finding its getting harder to not come up with repeats (submissions for next year via PM!!). As usual, I'll chime in with my answers a bit later. Copy and paste in a reply and fill in your answers (duh).
1. Name 3 of your favorite roller coasters, but not your top 3.
Twisted Timbers, Phoenix, and Nitro
2. About how many different parks did you visit in 2018?
3. Which 2018 park visit was your favorite?
Kings Island / Holiday World
4. Your favorite 2018 park addition (ride, food, show, etc)?
5. What ride exceeded your expectations the most in 2018?
Wildfire - Silver Dollar City
6. Best meal/food at a park in 2018?
Six Flags Great Adventure Holiday Meal (was beyond our expectations)
7. What was your favorite new coaster of 2018 NOT made by RMC or Larson?
Really, not made by LARSON. Okay I have to go with Time Traveler
8. Name one park you will definitely visit in 2019.
The top three must do list new parks is Dollywood, Canada's Wonderland, and Six Flags Great America
9. Best ride themed to a bird?
Thunderbird (Holiday World)
10. Lamest ride/coaster you rode in 2018?
Wild Whizzer (Morey's Pier)
11. What roller coaster currently sits at the top of your bucketlist? (degree of difficulty: NOT a new-for-2019 ride)
Leviathan (our 4th giga)
12. What new-for-2019 ride or coaster are you most looking forward to?
Maxx Force (SFGAm)
13. Name the first totally middle-of-the-road (not bad/not great) park that comes to mind.
Six Flags America
14. You're in Orlando and magically have a 1-hour ERT session on 1 coaster of your choice at any park in the city. You choose...
Sea World - Mako
15. Holiday In The Park vs. Winterfest. Who reigns supreme?
Holiday in the Park, just felt it had more theming and holiday focused attractions
16. Mystic Timbers mystery shed or Wicker Man fire infusion?
Loving the shed on a hot day
17. Which Six Flags have you been to most recently?
18. Intamin or Schwarzkopf? You may only choose one.
Intamin (at least they still exist)
19. Battle of Kings Coasters: Island or Dominion? Pick one.
Island even though Dominion is one of our home parks. Just think the coaster lineup is all around better
20. What was the longest you waited for a ride/coaster in 2018?
Time Traveler (we did Steel Vengeance on the first rider event so didn't have the usual wait times)
21. What roller coaster have you ridden more than any other?
22. Best drop tower under 150 feet?
N/A, do not do drop towers
23. Maverick or Millennium Force? (If you haven't been to CP, pick what you want to ride more)
Even though Maverick lost some ground this year on my top coasters, it still beats Millie one on one
24. Log flumes or sky rides? You can only choose one.
25. What are 3 things you enjoying doing at your home park other than riding rides?
Home park is Hersheypark so eating chocolate and chocolate themed foods, relaxing by the stream in Comet Hollow, ending the day with the kettle korn
26. What is your second favorite Cedar Fair park and why?
Cedar Point - I love King's Island more cause of the overall solid coaster lineup. While CP has the hits like SteVe, Maverick, Gatekeeper, etc... Overall, there is not a really bad ride at King's Island.
27. What is your home park and give us two good reasons why we should pay it a visit.
Hersheypark - Chocolate and the solid overall ride lineup.
28. Launch or Lift?
Lift (still traditional with the lift hills but my preference is the cable lifts cause they are much faster
29. Did you buy fast pass at all in 2018?
Nope, we ride on Tuesdays
30. What is your least favorite wooden coaster?
Timberwolf (Worlds of Fun) - simply brutal the day we rode it
31. Disney fanboys: cool or cult?
Cult - The devil doesn't have horns, it has round ears
32. Best Batman themed ride?
Joker even though the 4D spins are brutal sometimes
33. Name something that tend to take home from parks that you didn't bring with you.
34. Best wooden coaster over 110 feet tall? (rcdb will help you
EL FREAKING TORO
35. Have you ever been hit with something (loose change/a tree/vomit/etc) while riding something?
Nope and wear it like a badge of honor, I did however catch a kids baseball cap while on Comet.
36. Skywarps: credits or no? State your case.
Nope - they don't coaster, they are no different than a Larson Loop, if the ride operator can stop the action whenever they want, not a coaster
37. Turkey legs: nah or yaaaaassssss?
Nope unless I'm at a Ren Faire
38. What is the most recent B&M that you rode?
Nitro - last ride of the year on December 30th at SFGAd
39. You can eat nothing but corn dogs, churros or funnel cake for the next 48 hours, which do you choose?
40. Post a great on-ride shot of you from 2018. (DO IT!)