Liseberg Discussion Thread

P. 289: Lisebergbanan gets new trains, station & facade!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Books are dumb

Re: Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby Loefet » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:16 am

Anon wrote:people where asking for a source, the source where from "rosa sidorna" the pink pages , lisebergs own web... they had a infomeeting where this picture where shown on a powerpoint, and i snapped it off and put it here. I get access to the pink pages because i work here in liseberg.

Ah OK, then a big thanks to you for letting us know about it!!
So this makes the image a lot more "official", but it's still an early concept (in my mind) of what can be done with the space that Liseberg have since it haven't been officially announced yet. I'm also pretty sure that this expansion won't happen for a few years, since these things needs a lot of planning to get right, so that it will work with future park expansions. I have posted my views of it on the previous page, and I really think that some things might need some work to be just right for Liseberg.

Anyway, very nice of you to share this, I really hope that you can keep us updated on this and other things in the future!!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:03 pm

I like the paint job, can't wait to see pictures of a complete train.

-Craig

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Anon » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:39 pm

Loefet wrote:
Anon wrote:people where asking for a source, the source where from "rosa sidorna" the pink pages , lisebergs own web... they had a infomeeting where this picture where shown on a powerpoint, and i snapped it off and put it here. I get access to the pink pages because i work here in liseberg.

Ah OK, then a big thanks to you for letting us know about it!!
So this makes the image a lot more "official", but it's still an early concept (in my mind) of what can be done with the space that Liseberg have since it haven't been officially announced yet. I'm also pretty sure that this expansion won't happen for a few years, since these things needs a lot of planning to get right, so that it will work with future park expansions. I have posted my views of it on the previous page, and I really think that some things might need some work to be just right for Liseberg.

Anyway, very nice of you to share this, I really hope that you can keep us updated on this and other things in the future!!

cheers happy fella, i hope you all come and visit us. As you all hopefully know, we who work here love people who love coasters. They are the best guests.

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:22 am

^ Great to know :)

Liseberg posted a few new images on the construction blog, in my opinion then they don't really show much progress so I won't post them here. There is on the other hand some good information released in the text, like the construction of the Station will start really soon, so there might be something more interesting than some piles of stones lying around in the future. Also the trains will be arriving sometime next week, and be put on display beside the fountain just before the escalator up to Atmosfear if you are coming from the main entrance.
And seeing these news, then I might consider putting of this weeks update till next week when the trains have arrived. Since there isn't that much that is going to change for the rest of the build, except for some more footers have been completed. So until then..

BTW, here is the link to the newest official update so far: http://projekthelix.se/foton-fran-bygget-del-2/

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:08 am

The car really does look cool. Can't wait to see the full train.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:37 am

The zero car looks great, though it doesn't surprise me as large Mack coasters typically have great looking trains, like Manta (SWSD) and Blue Fire.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:41 pm

The front car of the train looks very nice.

Scary and nice. :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:00 am

^ Hopefully there will be more to see later this week :)

Anyway, last week were a bit strange at Liseberg.
The new attraction Högspänningen (tower/ferriswheel ride) got shut for some unknown reason with no specific time frame on when it will reopen, most likely waiting for some parts to arrive, a rabbit got molested by some guy which then threatened the security when they came to deal with the incident and then there were an attempted kidnapping in the park, some random guy grabbed a 10 year old kid and tried to leave the park. Just hope that there will not be any more of these incidents in the park in the future, but this is one of the reasons why going during the vacation period might be a bad idea.

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:58 am

Yes, I know it's a double post, but in this case I don't care, because look at this!!

SOURCE: Liseberg FB page.
Seems like I'm going for a bike ride this evening :) So expect more pictures later!!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby RCT3Bross » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:01 am

That looks great like that. The train it self is really beautiful.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!