Liseberg Discussion Thread

P. 289: Lisebergbanan gets new trains, station & facade!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Re: Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby _koppen » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:58 pm

That's the track for the launch, right?
Looks like it anyway.

Edit: Never mind, I saw it now. I got a bit to excited to read beneath the photos :angel:
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:08 pm

HELIX Update

So my wishes earlier in the thread about a new camera became true as I bought one for myself as a late birthday present, what to do with a new camera you might ask, well doing a Liseberg/Helix update is a great place to start. So yesterday I went to Liseberg for a few hours and had a really great time. A lot less crowds this time but still far from empty as you might experience on other times during the year, but the nice weather made that I didn't care about the people, it was just an awesome time to walk around in Liseberg.

First though, Liseberg posted a few more renderings of the station yesterday, but they also claimed that they had begun construction yesterday as well, but I didn't see any action going on in that area when I was there. It looks a lot like the matrix, which might be great, as long as it's not a static image and just part of the pre-show.
I really wonder if you have to choose between the Blue and the Red pill to get on the train itself?

SOURCE

So onto my own images. Since I went earlier in the day this time means that you will all see a bit more action in the images, since they were working hard in several places, even though the park were opened for business as usual. A bit noisy at some places, but it's still nice to really see the progress..
Helix_08_01_01.JPG
Welcome to Liseberg. As you can see on the main display, this Monday were the last of the "sing-along" shows on the main stage, which is one of the reasons why the Mondays have been so packed
Helix_08_01_02.JPG
The Liseberg Gardens have been overrun with Helix construction
Helix_08_01_03.JPG
A big fence straight through the main entrance to this section of the park which force you to go straight through the hedge surrounding this place to go to the gardens themselves
Helix_08_01_04.JPG
The workers have created their own water feature, since they have completely destroyed some of the other ones in this area
Helix_08_01_05.JPG
Looking over/beside the fences you can see why they have shut this section off, the main staircase have been completely removed to build a couple of footers
Helix_08_01_06.JPG
Looking up towards the first launch
Helix_08_01_07.JPG
Another big hole on the other side of the main route up the mountain
Helix_08_01_08.JPG
Walking up the mountain on a small path through the gardens, the Liseberg wheel made an appearance among the treetops
Helix_08_01_09.JPG
As you can see, no construction have started as they claimed
Helix_08_01_10.JPG
Even this area will have some footers through it, since this is the location of the brake-runs
Helix_08_01_11.JPG
They recently put in some new sticks here due to people pulling up the other ones, but the new one gets the same treatment unfortunately
Helix_08_01_12.JPG
Footer work have begun for the first launch, which is really nice to see
Helix_08_01_13.JPG
Another launch footer, there were a lot of footer action in this area getting ready for concrete
Helix_08_01_14.JPG
Another digger, digging away
Helix_08_01_15.JPG
Scraping clear the rock to start drilling/blasting
Helix_08_01_16.JPG
Main path is still shut, will stay that way for a couple weeks at least, so prams etc. will be forced to take the escalators to the top :(
Helix_08_01_17.JPG
It seems like they have started to back fill this area to make it look nice again
Helix_08_01_18.JPG
This was new, this guy were really throwing around a lot of crushed rock into the big hole they blasted here a few weeks ago, felt a bit dangerous, since that flimsy fence wouldn't stop any of the boulders he was chucking around
Helix_08_01_19.JPG
Nothing to report at the main Pretzel area
Helix_08_01_20.JPG
But they have started to make progress where helix will dive under Lisebergbanan, there is a new digger going at it from the other side
Helix_08_01_21.JPG
This is also new, there used to be some bushes here, but they are now gone
Helix_08_01_22.JPG
There were some action in the Construction HQ
Helix_08_01_23.JPG
As I said last time, they have cleared the area for the second launch, before that it was a large gravel surface
Helix_08_01_24.JPG
It's a good thing to take these images early on, before the attractions at the top opens, since the operators on Uppskjutet gives you weird looks when you climb their staircase to get a good look over the fence
Helix_08_01_25.JPG
The queue for Lisebergbanan was pretty long this time, but since I had plenty I decided to have a look and go for that matter :)
Helix_08_01_26.JPG
Lots of clearing here, I'm pretty sure that this area is the next one that they will tackle in the footer phase of construction
Helix_08_01_27.JPG
Here you can see the little digger that will dig from the other side of the Lisebergbanan lift
Helix_08_01_28.JPG
The other big one, dormant during operating hours, wouldn't want to destroy Lisebergbanan with people on it
Helix_08_01_29.JPG
Footers leading to the Pretzel loop
Helix_08_01_30.JPG
Footers leading up to the previous image
Helix_08_01_31.JPG
So that covers all the ground works for this ride, so now it's time for some train action again :P
Helix_08_01_32.JPG
Green sexy wheels
Helix_08_01_33.JPG
In reality you can just see the individual diodes behind the plastic bars, but here you don't, the eyes look really slick
Helix_08_01_34.JPG
Pleasure is born here. This is unusual.
It's something.
Please nuderstand this difference.
I feel more refreshed than anyone.
I'll challenge to the limits.
Helix_08_01_35.JPG
Hmm, maybe I should stop quoting my shirt, and think of something more constructive to write.
If you imagine that the whole train will be on the right of this image and this is the last row, then they will have a slightly taller height limit, since they will be adjusted to fit passengers with a larger frame, no wonder why the last row on Blue Fire felt so much better through it's in-line twist, more space to move around :)
Helix_08_01_36.JPG
In other park news, rabbits have taken over as operators..
Helix_08_01_37.JPG
They also have exit-passes to the rides, oh how nice that would have been, maybe I should make one for myself
Helix_08_01_40.JPG
I had a look at the new coaster
Helix_08_01_41.JPG
Seems like they have busted a headlight and the roof is missing!!
Wonder what have happened?
Helix_08_01_42.JPG
Wonder how much this view will change over the coming months when Helix really starts to grow
Helix_08_01_43.JPG
Since I have left out Balder on so many of the updates, then here are some for you to enjoy
Helix_08_01_44.JPG
Here is one with Kanonen as well
Helix_08_01_45.JPG
I haven't ridden Balder since the SFoT accident, so I can't say if they have started to staple you or if they are as lenient with the lap bars as before, will see if I have the time for it on my next visit and have a look, the hair-time seems to be as good as ever though
Helix_08_01_46.JPG
Another overview of the park from a nearby hill
Helix_08_01_47.JPG
So this concludes this update, thank you for reading, until next time!!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:41 pm

This project is quite the undertaking. Can't wait to see the finished product!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:49 pm

^Same. Liseberg is a great park, and Helix should be an excellent addition.

I've got the ASS Burgers

Postby BigBomer » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:01 pm

Loefet wrote:Pleasure is born here. This is unusual.
It's something.
Please nuderstand this difference.
I feel more refreshed than anyone.
I'll challenge to the limits.

:nina:
This Project is the most I've eve been excited for something I'm probably not going to be riding anytime soon. Thanks for passing up a ride on Balder for the pictures, I know how tempting that must be.

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:06 am

Thanks for the comments!!

^^^ It's less than 2 months left before we will see steel going up for the ride, which means that they have lots of things to do before than, I can't say for sure but I doubt that they have completed much more than 10% of the total number of footers (about 280) so far. Now it's starts to make sense why they announced this project almost a year ago.

^^ Absolutely agree :)

^ Well, I always choose Lisebergbanan over Balder any day, there is not many rides that I prefer to Lisebergbanan as a matter of fact. It's a great rides that offer so many things on it's winding course, and next year it will be even better with all the close encounters with Helix, and if you can get some nice views of the Helix construction then it's a bonus. Balder is on my to do list though, will see how the crowds are next time and how much time I have in the park for the next update :)
In the coming years Lisebergbanan is planned to get a large upgrade, which would include a complete electronics update (the old relay based system is unreliable at best and is really hard to troubleshoot when it goes wrong) and hopefully replace the brake system to a more modern magnetic based system, which in the end might mean that we could end up seeing new trains as well as other tweaks to the track to accommodate these changes (new lift, MSBR's, etc.). So it will stay in the park for many years to come.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby PalmTree55 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:11 am

The Nashigama Spa Land Reference was hilarious!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:58 pm

What a great park with an excellent collection of GREAT coasters. HELIX will no doubt be an exceptional addition to that lineup. Wish that parks in the states would do the same but it seems everything has to break a record.
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Love the update. Looking forward to more construction pics.

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:48 pm

Love the trains (well..the lead car that is)!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!