TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

OK, I just peed my pants.

Have to say that I love the color of the track and supports too, now when they're in their true environment.

Don't pee, its just a roller coaster.. well, not just a coaster, its perhaps on of the most exciting coasters for 2014!

OK, I just peed my pants.

Have to say that I love the color of the track and supports too, now when they're in their true environment.

Don't pee, its just a roller coaster.. well, not just a coaster, its perhaps on of the most exciting coasters for 2014!

I know it's not that very practical, but since Lisebergsbanan is one of my absolute favourites I can't even start to imagine how good Helix will be = bladder difficulties.

I love seeing how they integrate this ride into the already packed area of the park. I've always admired how they twisted Lisbergbanan and Flumeride around Atmosfear, and now throwing Projekt Helix into the mix, it'll be near-Grona Lund level of intertwining of rides!

^ Oops. Sorry. On the video, it ends with April 2014 being

the Opening Date. That is essentially two or so months before

the TPR Scandi Tour gets to Liseberg.

And I love the park, even without the new coaster coming.

So am very happy about that.

It's that time again:

Helix Update - 2013-10-24

Loads of supports have been put into place during the last few days, the whole section between the drop out of the station to the corkscrew after the first launch as well as some for the first airtime hill are in place so far. No new track except for the couple of pieces that were installed last week. I really hope that the rest of the track pieces are beginning to be delivered soon, so that we can drool even more , there were a few pieces at the staging area today but I want more and also see them installed

Anyway onto the images!!

Click for larger size of the last image

Helix_10_06_01.thumb.JPG.78dea1230beae44556427672144f3920.JPG

First a few from the nearby multi storey car-park

There are some supports in there, this is the most northern end of the ride and just before the first launch

Helix_10_06_02.thumb.JPG.ab4d531bcf54f60afc5d407dacbc2500.JPG

You can almost visualize the first corkscrew here and also spot the first launch in this image

Helix_10_06_03.thumb.JPG.01135d3981b88173f7d991d60ba56ca6.JPG

Here is the the area where most things have happened over the past few days, the big support was installed yesterday evening (saw it on the web cam) and it have since received some company and there are several pieces laying around on the ground to be installed as well

Helix_10_06_04.thumb.JPG.f1937da0c7e00fdf606df9004687680a.JPG

Station area construction HQ, with many footers that are awaiting their supports

Helix_10_06_05.thumb.JPG.3bc066fd8630c1e0203d2f7ac489bca3.JPG

Uppswinget have received it's winter cover, also the footers that are situated behind it seems to be close to completion

Helix_10_06_06.thumb.JPG.4a5bfae566c28a960a595ce8ad44b378.JPG

Second launch area are still under construction

Helix_10_06_07.thumb.JPG.faf4211d6402506a945b3d17c9c8d96a.JPG

Now onto the staging area

The other launch track bit's have been put outside again with all their LSM units installed

Helix_10_06_08.thumb.JPG.99b82c19dd452a0d3ffa850beebd863c.JPG

Nice to finally see a piece of lattice track, have waited a long time for this

Also judging by the number of launch pieces that are left then there might be some that will end up at the first launch, since I think it looks a bit short at the moment

Helix_10_06_09.thumb.JPG.5703705abb4dea4a585ba4a2bf56fdda.JPG

Mmmm, more lattice track

The piece closest to the camera seems to be the piece that will connect into the first launch and the other pieces would be the turn into the same

Helix_10_06_10.thumb.JPG.b0c4dc410a6684c92e876ddc7faa5704.JPG

Not many supports are left in this area

Helix_10_06_11.thumb.JPG.3a3ca82b4fefbe6685d4b5541173a728.JPG

More sexy curves

Helix_10_06_12.thumb.JPG.76e86b7d6b3c688a52484669c5463d61.JPG

This is strange to me, all other Mack rides with this kind of track only have one filled triangle at their track-support connection, Helix have 3, does it mean that Helix will be so intense that they need to brace it more than normal :p

Helix_10_06_13.thumb.JPG.d3712e075839279a87d36b08e5f5de1f.JPG

Cat-walk brackets

Helix_10_06_14.thumb.JPG.077d0706d7d0a000aa2af9b9bdddbb42.JPG

Now onto the hill on the other side of the motorway

Balder says HI!!

Helix_10_06_15.thumb.JPG.1e18f3f56116897ae3d1927f60b3b1a7.JPG

Another piece is starting to rise

Also that big orange concrete pump in the background is pouring foundations and pillars at the station

Helix_10_06_16.thumb.JPG.287ca5e993972d569c5611a322c73eb7.JPG

That's one massive support

Helix_10_06_17.thumb.JPG.a1dfe7ed7ce506812544cd287548b06b.JPG

There are several footers to go before they are all done

Wonder how the Pretzel-area looks now, if they have done any footers at all there, you can't really tell from the outside

Helix_10_06_18.thumb.JPG.33f1265727bec13cfb5380b669844b23.JPG

Second launch area

Helix_10_06_19.thumb.jpg.2d0bfd273b06ea1a1b61a21fd7e7189a.jpg

Overview of the whole Helix area

Until next time!!

Awesome

I'm surprised how high the supports for the corkscrew after the launch is. I don't know why, but for some reason I thought it would be low to the ground.

This is strange to me, all other Mack rides with this kind of track only have one filled triangle at their track-support connection, Helix have 3, does it mean that Helix will be so intense that they need to brace it more than normal

Good question! I wonder if it really adds that much strength though.

How is Gothenburg in winter obstacles that could stop the construction like heaps of snow? We had some here in Germany in the last years - maybe also a reason why Heide-Park started bringing up their new coaster so early.

Usually around 0 degrees, with not to much snow. There are of course some winters who is worse than others.

Thanks for an other update. I always appreciate it when people make time to make construction updates when the park is closed.

I'm a bit confused by the supports after the First launch. Could be the angle but it looks odd if you ask me. (I'm talking about picture 3. Perhaps someone can see whats up whit the support pointing to the building and can explain it to me.)

Thank you all, more updates will come as soon as possible

Will also link to the time-lapses my brother makes from the web-cams as soon as he update for this week, it's really nice to see it moving along in that pace.

Good question! I wonder if it really adds that much strength though.

Looking a bit closer then it seems like there is also more braces in that area than other Mac tri-track as well so they have really beefed up the track connectors.

Usually around 0 degrees, with not to much snow. There are of course some winters who is worse than others.

The winter have been pretty awful in the past few years, so I guess that it will be a mad dash in the spring to get Helix 100% done until opening as always.

I'm a bit confused by the supports after the First launch. Could be the angle but it looks odd if you ask me. (I'm talking about picture 3. Perhaps someone can see whats up whit the support pointing to the building and can explain it to me.)

That support you are talking about is the exit of the turnaround that comes after the high corkscrew after the first launch. That one and the straight support to the right of it is for the airtime-hill that will cross over the escalator at that point.

Look at this image and you will most likely be able to figure it all out:

That support you are talking about is the exit of the turnaround that comes after the high corkscrew after the first launch. That one and the straight support to the right of it is for the airtime-hill that will cross over the escalator at that point.

Look at this image and you will most likely be able to figure it all out:

I wasn't really talking about the small one far to the left. Near the escalator you have 3 big supports. The biggest of them I know is for the Corkscrew, and the smallest of these three is for the airtime hill after the turnaround. Then you have that very tilted one (closest to the escalator) that one confuse me, will it be that it's part of the corkscrew? It's a bit out of line with the bigger support and that's why I'm confused.