TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

Sweet mercy! This is ridiculous! Gawd! Trying to stop a log flume log is next to impossible. Sometimes people suddenly go for the worst possible scenerio. They've heard of deaths on rides, and they assume if they get off, nothing will happen.

My, my, aren't they always wrong?

It’s not impossible. Splash Mountain @ WDW I won’t say where and how but yes you can not only stop the log (safely, without getting out, and or putting other people are risk) but you can stack the logs too. It really messes up the intervals too and will cause a stack up for a while.

You also have to be pretty strong too. It’s almost as fun as reversing or locking turnstiles and having the next person ram themselves. I miss the old ones.

“I know I know”

But before anyone tries to be dumb it’s really not cool, and FYI after 2 years of this hot spot in the early years they have now added cameras and lots of them all through out the ride that actually work due to all the wonderful people who like to get out of the logs. Yes Splash Mountain is famous for the lets walk along the flume.

I have worked around a few rides and I might know how and where to screw with the employees when I do know the ones working a ride, but damn if I would EVER be dumb enough to try and get out of safety equipment and or the ride vehicle itself I will never understand these people.

Just wait this chick will sue the park, and I hope the park mails her a life time supply of birth control to assist in saving the future from what we don’t need anymore of.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
Wow, that was expensive. But i wonder, i heard that the Screaming Swings make alot of noise, so won't that be a problem for Liseberg?

The one at Thorpe Park is really noisy...

its not that noisy... you can only hear it if youre close by. even when youre on the ride its pretty hard to hear :\

• 2 weeks later...

Drove by Liseberg today and saw that they have cleared the area where Uppsvinget will be located, there was some groundworks being done and a Digger and some other vehicle were on the site. Sorry no pictures today since I didn't have my camera with me, but I will get some eventually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New picture as of today...

They have added some roof like structure over Lisebergbanan, couldn't see if it was net or solid roof, It should give some nice head-chopper effect when riding it, and they are on the verge of starting erecting the steel-structure of the swing. So hopefully within a week then it should be completed.

^^ There is some footers for the roof structure sin in the picture I posted little over a week ago.

^ Probably the meaning of the roof.

Might get a new photo tomorrow, in hopefully some better conditions and by then they might have gotten the supports up.

OK, so it took a bit longer to get a new photo, but...

Great news.

The construction team haven't taken the easter off work. They were attaching the top part when I took this image little over an hour ago.

It's now clearly visible from pretty far away.

Now I feel more confident that it will open in time for the grand opening of the 2007 season of Liseberg.

^ They are aiming to have it open by the 28:th this month, so unless it's broken or shut down due to complaints of noise, then it will most likely be open.

I could almost guarantee that someone will complain about the noise it creates to the news papers around here, they have done so for almost every attraction Liseberg added for a long time.

New update as of today.

First some about Uppswinget and then some other things I saw in the park.

Uppswinget is now almost complete.

An overview picture of the ride.

Closeup on the "swings", and no this won't be a floorless model that some have hoped for, because of the concept art.

Another overview from another angle.

If you want a big overview image of the whole park including Balder, Lisebergbanan and everything else, CLICK HERE (Warning this is an 4000x970 pixel image, about 5.5 MB).

Uppswinget now dominates that part of Lisebergbanan.

Some other stuff.

There was work being done on Balder.

And some other on a new themed section/restaurant for next season, this place had a kind of mudslide a couple of days ago.