Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1007 - 2020 Roller Coaster "Candymonium" Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby Haymaker » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:04 pm

Jason Maier wrote:OK, the name Poop Shoot for a coffin ride is funny as hell . . . . and I'd ride it for sure!

And for real; a queue line to enter the wave pool?!

Yep, theres a fence across the front of the pool.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:23 am

^ The Boardwalk has queue lines to enter every attraction, not just the wave pool. Even the kiddie splash areas. And when we visited at the end of June, they were being heavily enforced on a Friday afternoon.

Also, granted this is an outlier and I'm not taking it as representative of everyone's experience or the park as a whole, the kiddie splash zone at Hersheypark is the only place at a theme park I've ever been threatened to have my ass kicked. By another damn grownup. Not because of anything I did, but because of my kids. Because they were on the splash structure. Splashing other kids. With the built in hoses and buckets. Like every other kid on that same splash structure was doing while waiting in line for the slides at the top. JFC...
That coaster dad [340] and that coaster kiddo [222]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Haymaker » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:07 am

Theres one spray area between the entrance to the water coaster and the Flowrider that has no queue but thats it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:08 am

Did Breakers Edge ever load more than 3 people in a raft? I was surprised to see the rafts had four seats, but they wouldn't permit more than 3 riders.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Efteling & Parque de Atracciones Madrid

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:37 am

^ Yes, last year they were loading four. It was apparently changed sometime prior to the start of the 2019 summer season, my wife and kids were planning on all riding together in one raft this year but we had to split into two separate rafts. I had heard an explanation as to why it changed from asking one of the ride operators, but I won't repeat it as I can't remember the exact wording and don't want to put any false or misleading information out there.
That coaster dad [340] and that coaster kiddo [222]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:54 am

Good lord I never realized the HP even has the wave pool fenced off? Yikes imagine I would just go in there to ride the mat racer, water coaster, and maybe some of the slides on the big tower and that would be it.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:20 pm

coneyislandchris wrote:^ Yes, last year they were loading four. It was apparently changed sometime prior to the start of the 2019 summer season, my wife and kids were planning on all riding together in one raft this year but we had to split into two separate rafts. I had heard an explanation as to why it changed from asking one of the ride operators, but I won't repeat it as I can't remember the exact wording and don't want to put any false or misleading information out there.

Thanks! I remember a story last year of one or two people sliding off the raft and into the slide area. I know these master blasters can have stronger air with more weight so I was curious if it was related to that.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Efteling & Parque de Atracciones Madrid

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby fraroc » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:41 am

This might be a strange question, but for people who have been to Hershey this year, the seatbelt lengths on the coasters are the same as last year, right? I'm asking because I'm going to be going to Hershey about 20lbs lighter than I was last year :)

Postby YoshiFan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:24 am

No seatbelts have changed. sooperdooperLooper did change the lap bar requirements towards the end of last season. There is now a sticker where the bottom of the lap bar is and it has to be low enough to be in the green part of the sticker for someone to ride the coaster.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby fraroc » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:53 pm

YoshiFan wrote:No seatbelts have changed. sooperdooperLooper did change the lap bar requirements towards the end of last season. There is now a sticker where the bottom of the lap bar is and it has to be low enough to be in the green part of the sticker for someone to ride the coaster.

Good to know, I never had a problem riding sooperdooperlooper last year when I was 20lbs heavier (I think I went at the end of August maybe early September of 2018)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!