Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1007 - 2020 Roller Coaster "Candymonium" Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I go to furry parties, I'm probably a brony too...

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby tarheel1231 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Little fun fact!

You'll get a funny surprise when you change the 'sh' in 'Hershey' and the 'P' in Park.
Herpeyshark.jpg
I'm done.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby JonnyRCT3 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:38 pm

^He touched the but! ;)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GnastyGnoric7 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:03 pm

Just got back from Hersheypark, it was crowded today, operations were a little rocky, Skyrush and Great Bear both had some down time, but Great Bear roared again, wait times were 10 minutes for Lighting Racer, 30 for Great Bear and Storm Runner, 45 for Wildcat, 60 for Fahrenheit and SooperdooperLooper, 75 minutes for Comet, and 90 minutes for Sidewinder, I still had a fun time and can't wait for my visit on the East Coast Tour.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5aa0eaad4726c9c20252cb701744a4a8.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:04 pm

GnastyGnoric7 wrote:Just got back from Hersheypark, it was crowded today, operations were a little rocky, Skyrush and Great Bear both had some down time, but Great Bear roared again, wait times were 10 minutes for Lighting Racer, 30 for Great Bear and Storm Runner, 45 for Wildcat, 60 for Fahrenheit and SooperdooperLooper, 75 minutes for Comet, and 90 minutes for Sidewinder, I still had a fun time and can't wait for my visit on the East Coast Tour.

What about Cocoa Cruiser and the other 2014 attractions?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GnastyGnoric7 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:05 pm

The Cocoa Cruiser had footers poured, the tea cups are under construction, the Sweet Swing was running, and the Chickie and Pete's was operational and is near Wildcat.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5aa0eaad4726c9c20252cb701744a4a8.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Thu May 01, 2014 2:28 pm

Some road work updates and a hint at the future.......http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/05/hersheypark_adding_3_new_rides.html

Even as the 2014 season in Hersheypark is about to open, there are hints about things to come in 2015.

"We have not made that public yet. We will be making an announcement later this summer," said Kathy Burrows, Hersheypark spokeswoman.

Relocation of Park Boulevard, expected to get under way next year, will allow the park’s borders to expand for the first time in more than a decade. About 31 acres of the former Parkview Golf Course, closed in 2005, will be absorbed into the park, according to plans unveiled last year.

Hershey Entertainment & Resort Company’s engineers have made application to the Dauphin County Conservation District for a stormwater permit associated with construction activities for a project at 100 West Hersheypark Drive for Attraction 2015. It's not clear exactly what construction is involved with that permit.

Derry Township has not received land development plans for a 2015 ride project, said a spokeswoman in the community development department.

Usually such plans are filed when Hersheypark makes its announcement regarding a new ride, said James Negley, Derry Township manager.

Meanwhile, the current Park Boulevard relocation project continues. Preliminary engineering and environmental clearance is expected to be completed by July, and final design by December, Negley said.

The project will go out for bid in January 2015, and construction would be completed by October 2015-January 2016.

The estimated $21 million project will be paid for with about $12 million in state and federal funds, and the rest from Hershey Entertainment & Resorts, which is donating the land for the new roadway, worth an estimated $9 million.

For the 2014 season, Hersheypark is adding three new family-oriented rides. They include Cocoa Cruiser in Music Box Way, a gravity coaster designed to introduce younger riders to coasters; and Tea Cups and Sweet Swing in the Hollow area. A Chickie’s and Pete’s eatery will also open in Midway America, and a new ticket booth in Tram Circle.

Hersheypark added Shoreline Sprayground in 2013, and in 2012, Skyrush, billed as the park's tallest and fastest coaster.
Last edited by larrygator on Fri May 30, 2014 5:54 pm.
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby woolandmammoth » Thu May 01, 2014 3:49 pm

Just to help visualize the proposed expansions. The green line is the new path of Park Blv. and the Red is approximately the part that would be absorbed by the park.

Makes me wish they held off on the boardwalk and had put it here. It seems like an eye sore in the middle of the park. Regardless, it seems like Hersey has something big planned.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby CoasterLover » Thu May 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Hopefully a bucket ride or some other sort of transport ride from the "new" area to Midway America is planned because that's going to be a LONG walk!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Thu May 01, 2014 5:45 pm

^^As much as I would love the road to go over that far, an earlier newspaper article had this in it where the road just kept going straight to the railroad tracks, then made a left turn:
I'm kind of excited for the new road not just because of the park possibly recieving land, but because it will get rid of the old bridge and all the annoying curves the road has. I think I heard somewhere that the one on the other side of the park near ZooAmerica might be replaced soon.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby CPSFMMCW » Thu May 01, 2014 5:52 pm

A land expansion would do them a lot of good. They're kind of boxed in with roads and zoos right now, and so its hard for them to add big ole attractions without removing stuff. Now they have space! yay!
Check out Coaster Studios on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoasterguy14
Twitter: @coasterstudios
Intimidator 305|El Toro|Apollo's Chariot|New Texas Giant|Nitro|Kingda Ka|Skyrush|Superman: Ride of Steel|Superman: Ultimate Flight|Volcano

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!