TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In spite of it being one of my absolute favorite parks, I usually only make the trip out to Hershey once a year. However, thanks to my 2020 plans going right into the crapper I'm working with what I'v

Just realized I posted this TR on page 420. Score!

It would be faster and a better use of your time to leave the park, drive to the airport, fly to Orlando, Uber to Seaworld and ride Mako than to wait 4 hours for Candymonium...   (Or you cou

Posted Images

^I'm flying out to CA now to strangle you. Perpare yourself...

dt

Sounds like an interesting take on the whole concept. Whatever Hershey gets I'm sure it'll be better than all the shoot-em-up rides we've got over here.

Except the Berry Bish Bash of course.

The thing I think that I'm most shocked by is this will be the first chocolate themed ride at the park (well, besides the kissing tower I suppose).

Excuse me for thinking that a park built by a giant chocolate company would have at least a few candy themed rides.

Also, am I the only one that was reminded of superstar limo when I watched the video?

Jeezus "Was hoping for the 'Hershey Highway' at last!" Juice

This ride looks great. It seems like the type of ride that will appeal to everyone including those who want rides that aren't intense yet still be a lot of fun. I can't wait to try it next year

Why is that a problem? Outside of Disney and Universal, I can't think of too many dark rides that come anywhere near 800 pph.

Exactly. Hersheypark doesn't need some omnimover/dual-track 2000 pph people eating monster. This will be a perfect fit.

// Isn't Mr. Toad something like 700 pph

Excuse me for thinking that a park built by a giant chocolate company would have at least a few candy themed rides.

Hersheypark is owned by Hershey Entertainment and Resorts, not The Hershey Company (formerly Hershey Foods). HE&R (formerly HERCO, Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Company) used to own a lot of stuff... Lake Compounce in the mid-80's, a Pocconos resort complex, and a hotel in Corpus Cristi, Texas. In the late 80's, they consolidated, and after purchasing Dutch Wonderland (and it's Lancaster County History Museum, Wonderland Mini Golf, and Old Mill Stream Campground) a few years ago, now own Hersheypark, The Hershey Hotel, The Hershey Lodge, Hershey Nursery, a laundry and dry-cleaning service, the Herhsey Museum, Hershey Gardens, the Giant Center, Hersheypark Arena, Hersheypark Stadium, the Star Pavilion (at the Hersheypark Stadium), Hershey Highmeadow Campground, Hershey Country Club, and several restaurants. They do NOT own Chocolate World, that IS owned by The Hershey Company.

I see a couple of posts mentioning "dual tracks" on this ride, but I don't see anything on the site, or the video tour that resembles that - it's a two car train of vehicles, but one track as far as I can tell.

Like the idea...odd themeing. To give Hershey credit, the CGI tour is not extremely well done, so maybe the actual ride will look better than the CGI. Heck, they're having a whopping 6 animatronics in the ride! I want to see giant animatronic chocolate. As for the coaster name thing, it could be worse. When the "name the coaster" thing for Roller Soaker came out, I sent in the name Diabetic Shock. I'm shocked I didn't win.

---Stuart

Pretty bizarre concept, but it's no Superstar Limo, at least (which could've used some sort of target-shooting feature).

You know, I've lived in the mid-Atlantic area for years, but still haven't ventured into Pennsylvania theme-part territory. Maybe next season . . .

It looks pretty neat, but I'd like to see a dark ride where you don't shoot at stuff. It seems like dark rides are heading in the direction of the interactive shooting stuff ride.

Barry, I totally agree! I hate when they expect you to shoot stuff on darkrides. Whenever I ride a Sally interactive ride, I refuse to shoot anything, and my friends get upset with me, lol.

grumble stupidscoobydoohauntedmansion grumble

-kip-