Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 988: "Christmas in Hershey" 2018 offerings announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:39 am

Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 12.41.05.png

Hersheypark Announces "Laff Trakk" - New indoor spinning roller coaster for 2015!
Official Website: http://www.hersheypark.com/2015/

Laff Trakk is the first indoor, spinning, glow-coaster in the United States. This family friendly house of laughs spins riders through an exciting adventure of sights and sounds complete with glimpses of colorful characters, a dizzying hall of mirrors, and more! Laff Trakk is the fun house of the 21st century offering a new experience with every ride.

Official Press Release
Hersheypark Announces First Indoor, Spinning Glow-Coaster in the United States
Prepare for More Grins, Giggles, Twists and Turns in 2015

(Hershey, PA - August 12, 2014) — Known for blending the best of the past with the innovations of the future, Hersheypark announced the addition of Laff Trakk, the first indoor, spinning glow-coaster in the United States for the 2015 summer season. Laff Trakk will be the 13th roller coaster at Hersheypark, officials announced today in a press conference at the site of the new attraction.

Laff Trakk, built within a family friendly house of laughs, spins riders through an eye-popping adventure of sights and sounds complete with glimpses of colorful characters including classics like Laffing Sal plus an engaging hall of mirrors, house of cards and more. Laff Trakk, a 21st century Fun House, offers a new experience with every trip as riders enjoy the sensation of floating along the coaster track.

“Fun Houses are an American amusement park treasure and an important part of the historical fabric at Hersheypark,” said Kevin Stumpf, General Manager, Attractions & Entertainment. “We are thrilled to bring back some of the timeless elements from these classic attractions and, quite literally, put a new spin on them.”

Set to debut in May 2015, Laff Trakk, part dark ride, part family coaster, will deliver a different sensory experience with each trip on the innovative attraction. “The
number and size of riders affects the rotation of the cars giving riders a different view of the bright, colorful elements and playful surroundings providing endless amounts of fun on Laff Trakk,” continued Stumpf.

As soon as riders enter the queue line, they will see a glimpse of the whimsy which awaits them in Laff Trakk and be able to capture the anticipation in sharable photo opportunities.

The roller coaster will deliver larger than life experiences in an elaborately themed environment. The new attraction will be located within a 130 feet long by 75 feet high red, white and blue building along Midway America between the Whip and Midway Tent.

Hersheypark worked with the award-winning team at Raven Sun Creative, a New York-based immersive entertainment design group that has worked with internationally known brands, to bring the Park’s rich history to today’s guests.

“Our team took inspiration from researching iconic Hersheypark Fun Houses,” said Louis Alfieri, Principal and Chief Creative Officer, Raven Sun. “We looked at archival images of ‘WHOOPS,’ ‘Laugh Land’ and ‘Laffing Sal’ with the goal of re-creating the nostalgic Fun Houses of yesteryear with the latest in technology in Laff Trakk.”

Maurer Söhne, a German company, manufactured the coaster that will feature a four-seat ride vehicle with two seats in two rows, back-to-back. The design of the coaster car allows for a 360-degree free spinning rotation. Reaching a maximum speed of approximately 40 miles per hour, Laff Trakk takes its riders along 1,400 feet of track which includes an Immelman turn (riders enter a half loop and then go through a half twist and curve out in the opposite direction in which they came), multiple high-banked curves (85 degrees maximum) and Camelback air time hills.

With seven ride vehicles each holding four riders, the 70-second ride has an estimated ride capacity of approximately 850 riders per hour. The ride system utilizes a
combination of the most modern magnetic and pinch braking systems to give everyone the smoothest and safest ride possible.

For more information or to take a “virtual” ride on Laff Trakk, please visit www.Hersheypark.com. You also can like us on Facebook at https://facebook.com/Hersheypark or follow us on Twitter and Instagram at @Hersheypark.

Teaser video:

Ride POV:

More artwork:
Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 12.40.17.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 12.47.12.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 12.47.45.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 12.48.19.png
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:50 am.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:42 am

Brassinthegrass wrote:Could this possibly be the end for the wild mouse to make room for water park expansion?

Interesting! I could see that as a possibility.... However, I would think that HP would sell it vs. scrap it... its one of my favorite mouse coasters purely due to its location... it's so high up.
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby TM3988 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:43 am

Not a fan of the name but love the concept!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Miracleman » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:47 am

That looks like a lot of fun. Love the theme.

Not to get too far ahead of myself, but just imagine the Halloween possibilities of this ride.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby mightypotato » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:53 am

Not that I really needed an excuse to go back to Hershey, but this looks like it could be a lot of fun. I look forward to checking it out next year.
Parks: 55, Steel: 234, Wood: 72, Total: 306
I ain't afraid of no rollycoaster!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:54 am

Looks like the same model as Crush's Coaster, Spider (Lagoon), and the one at Santa Cruz Boardwalk. It's a top notch spinning coaster layout as no matter how many people are in the car it still spins like there's no tomorrow. Excellent addition for Hershey!!!!

Edit - Yup, after watching the POV it's definitely the same model. Sweet!
Last edited by KBrylczyk on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:56 am.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:55 am

It's not an Aquatrax, but It'll do. ;)
This looks to be a great addition for the park. Excuse me if I missed it, but is the Height requirement 42"?
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:00 am

Am I the only one wondering why the Hersheypark website has "Launch Coaster" on their website?

http://www.hersheypark.com/2015/

I'm assuming someone in IT was misinformed, but you never know.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:04 am

^I think "Launch Coaster" was meaning "Start Video."
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:05 am

KBrylczyk wrote:Am I the only one wondering why the Hersheypark website has "Launch Coaster" on their website?

http://www.hersheypark.com/2015/

I'm assuming someone in IT was misinformed, but you never know.

Maybe it is just a poor way of telling you to play the video?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!