TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

It's not an Aquatrax, but It'll do.

This looks to be a great addition for the park. Excuse me if I missed it, but is the Height requirement 42"?

The Spider at Lagoon is set at a 46" height requirement. Not sure if this is for all Maurer Sohne spinning coasters, however.

Looks like a really fun concept for a ride and it'll probably be quite disorienting. The only thing about this that i'm not a fan of is the name, to me it comes off as Hershey trying to be too clever.

I really like these models. I think Whirlwind/Steel Dragon are excellent rides. Throw in some awesome theming and make it dark and you got yourself a pretty awesome coaster. Plus it'll bring people back to the Midway America area, which we all know is in need of some attendance.

It's a canned track that will be stuffed indoors with bright paint and a few cool fun house elements.
at Waldameer Park in Erie.

What's the problem with that? It's a fun family ride that provides a great ride. This is just the first time one of these is also provided with such a great theme, besides Crush' Coaster.

I expected more with a $14 million investment.

The "more" comes from creating a full, immersive experience around the coaster.

I guess it would seem more exciting and worth the hype if it were a custom design as opposed to a canned layout that is found at several parks already. Seems like a glorified carnival ride - not something for a major theme park.

Ehh... I don't know how I feel about this.

I rode the same model at Seabreeze, and I think that it is decent. It is pretty fun especially while riding backwards and during the "half pipe" element. But it seems kind of a thing for smaller parks. I would have rather seen the Wild Mouse removed for this. It should be pretty fun, but having two mouse's is sort of unnecessary for a park of this size.

Ehh... I don't know how I feel about this.

I rode the same model at Seabreeze, and I think that it is decent. It is pretty fun especially while riding backwards and during the "half pipe" element. But it seems kind of a thing for smaller parks. I would have rather seen the Wild Mouse removed for this. It should be pretty fun, but having two mouse's is sort of unnecessary for a park of this size.

TOTALLY AGREE - HP could have spent $14 million for something that is much bigger and better than a canned coaster layout similar to their Mouse coaster with a bunch of glow in the dark/3D images that look like a trashy carnival ride.

^ Yeah, same layout as it's a cookie cutter that's proven to be a winner. It is most definitely NOT a mouse, though. Lagoon has a mouse and this exact model literally across the path from each other and there is absolutely nothing similar between the two.

Its probably off the shelf except the black light bits, but it'll be fun as a ride. My concern is the queue line - yet another attraction at Hersheypark that cycles way, way under 1000PPH. Hell, if it does 500PPH that would be impressive.

^ Yup. They're extremely efficient coasters. The longest wait I've had was Crush's Coaster at DLP and that was due to some, er, "difficulty" with certain passengers. See below.

DSC02656.thumb.JPG.361e714f312ead7de7ef159e575385c3.JPG

Sign placement is key.

Those are maximum theoretical capacities assuming all the cars are on track and minimal stacking occurs. I'd be shocked if under any conditions Steel Dragon at Seabreeze has ever put through 900 people in one hour ever during its 10 years there.

^ Yup. They're extremely efficient coasters. The longest wait I've had was Crush's Coaster at DLP and that was due to some, er, "difficulty" with certain passengers. See below.

Well, its a good thing its going to operate in Pennsylvania at a chocolate themed amusement park then. I'm sure that will cut down on the fatties.

Dude, if you're amped for the ride, that's cool. I think it'll be fun. Maybe I'll be horribly off base and this thing will push people through like its Space Mountain or something like that. I doubt either of us will remember this convo in a few months any how when we see it in action.

At first I thought Hershey might be using a new technology on this one because Maurer introduced X-Train so there might be an S-Train, S2-Car or something, but given that Hershey denied Mack because they didn't want prototype coaster, this might be totally the same as the other SC-2000s.

The theme is great, I love it. But I was expecting a more unique coaster from Hershey Park.

At first I thought Hershey might be using a new technology on this one because Maurer introduced X-Train so there might be an S-Train, S2-Car or something, but given that Hershey denied Mack because they didn't want prototype coaster, this might be totally the same as the other SC-2000s.

The theme is great, I love it. But I was expecting a more unique coaster from Hershey Park.

How do we know they denied Mack? Not doubting you just curious where that information came from. Also, We all know that Hershey isn't known for turning down prototypes. Skyrush and Fahrenheit say hi.

What a stupid addition for a FAMILY park. Something different for the park that families can ride together. end sarcasm

As long as they keep the effects working I like it! Hopefully the queue will be similar to what Six Flags Mexico did with The Joker. $14 million seems high at this point, but let's wait to see the finish product and details.

The only issue I have is Hershey's most recent attempt at an indoor ride.

Edited by larrygator

I liked the simulated POV, and considering you're spinning most of the time on this,

having additional "special effects" other than smoke and wind seems to be a

non-issue for me. I'm pretty sure all the glow light stuff will keep my eyes occupied.

And YES ^ to a fun house type queue, like Six Flags Mexico did with Joker!