Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 951: Impossible Foods & Disney announce partnership
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:57 pm

Speak of the Devil

Disney Parks Blog

Parking.jpg

Parking and Transportation Improvements Coming to the Disneyland Resort
Erin Glover
by Erin Glover, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort

As part of the multi-year expansion of the Disneyland Resort, we are upgrading, improving and adding new parking and transportation enhancements that have been long envisioned for the resort. The centerpiece of this plan is an all-new parking structure to be built on the current Pinocchio surface parking lot next to Mickey & Friends.

This new 6,500-space structure is designed to dramatically improve parking and traffic flow throughout the resort. It is expected to significantly speed up guest arrival by providing a 60 percent increase in the number of access lanes and adding additional parking capacity on the west side of the resort.

The additional parking capacity and access lanes will streamline vehicle arrivals on the west side of the resort and eliminate backups onto city streets. In addition, the tram boarding area will be reconfigured to enhance the transportation experience for guests parking at both the new structure and Mickey & Friends.

Construction is scheduled to begin in February 2018, with the structure set to open the following year.

And another one!

Disney Parks Blog

New Hotel Coming to the Disneyland Resort in 2021
Erin Glover
by Erin Glover, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort

We have some exciting news to share with you today about continuing expansion and growth of the Disneyland Resort. For the first time in almost two decades, we will open a new Four Diamond hotel! Set to open in 2021, this hotel will transform the west end of the Downtown Disney District and anchor a new gateway to the Disneyland Resort.

Hotel 2.jpg

The stunning 700-room hotel will feature a sophisticated design and be a game-changer for Anaheim, creating a dynamic dining, entertainment and hotel experience for resort visitors and local residents. Extensive landscaping and water elements will create a resort oasis, showcasing nature on every level of the hotel. The hotel’s location embraces the iconic Disneyland Monorail with a dedicated platform inside the hotel for direct transport into Disneyland park.

Guest rooms, public spaces and gardens will provide views of the Downtown Disney District. In addition, an upper-level restaurant and lounge will give guests a view of the popular Disneyland park fireworks.

The ground level of the hotel will include shops and restaurants opening onto an expansive landscaped plaza complete with playful water features, creating a gathering place for guests and visitors. The new hotel also connects all four Hotels of the Disneyland Resort through lush gardens and beautifully landscaped walkways, transforming the gateway on the west side and creating a welcoming entry for our Disneyland Resort guests.

Hotel.jpg

And that’s not all. This new hotel creates great benefits for the community, generating approximately $25 million in new taxes in its first five years of operation that go directly to Anaheim’s general fund. It also will create thousands of additional construction and permanent jobs and attract new hotel guests to the resort area.

Construction is scheduled to start in summer 2018, with a grand opening slated for 2021. Check back here for updates!

Also, based on the art only, the following locations will be closing:

ESPN Zone
AMC Theaters
Earl of Sandwich
DVC Office
Starbucks West
Alamo Car Rental
Disney Travel Company Office
Rainforest Cafe

Did I miss anything?
Last edited by COASTER FREAK 11 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:01 pm.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:00 pm

^ Was literally just posting this. Haha. That's one way to solve the Eastern Gateway fiasco. Also, bye bye Earl of Sandwich, AMC, Rainforest Cafe and ESPN Zone.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:04 pm

Here is an OC Register article about everything

OC Register

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby WestCoasterKing » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:26 pm

So according to this they will relocate the Downtown Disney parking lot south of Paradise Pier. I assume that means DTD visitors will have to walk through the resort to reach DTD.
disney.gif
Disney's new hotel plan

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mr. Corn » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:47 pm

Mickey and Friends has 2 elevators for 10000+ parking spaces, most parking spaces being able to hold 4 or more people. So as long as this new one has a reasonable amount of elevators for people with small children, I can deal with whatever restaurant loss we have to deal with

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:58 pm

As long as we don't lose Trader Sam's, everything is fine by me. :mickey:

and

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:Speak of the Devil

Well, Helloooo Devil! :lover: (Art concepts look very very nice.)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:37 pm

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:Speak of the Devil

Disney Parks Blog

Also, based on the art only, the following locations will be closing:

ESPN Zone
AMC Theaters
Earl of Sandwich
DVC Office
Starbucks West
Alamo Car Rental
Disney Travel Company Office
Rainforest Cafe

Did I miss anything?

The OC Register mentions that the new hotel will be located in space currently occupied by AMC, Earl of Sandwich, Rainforest Cafe, and ESPN Zone. It makes me wonder... with the loss of the AMC theater, would the Resort think to open it's own theater within the new property?

Nrthwnd wrote:As long as we don't lose Trader Sam's, everything is fine by me. :mickey:

:nina: If only the Monorail had it's own Trader Sam's stop.
Tigga, please!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:48 pm

^ That would be very nice, indeed. :)
Or, maybe they could have a shop at the monorail station. :b
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:00 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ That would be very nice, indeed. :)
Or, maybe they could have a shop at the monorail station. :b

It is promising to see what they in mind for the Hotel. Especially when it comes to possible enchanted bars!

:seizure:
Tigga, please!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:44 pm

The new hotel looks great. I just hope that somehow Disneyland Drive is expanded between what is now Magic Way and Ball Road. Traffic at that crazy merge point is already really bad if you time it wrong. I'm not sure I want to imagine what will happen with 6500 more parking spaces, 700 more hotel rooms plus parking, and Star Wars Land opening while that area is a huge construction zone. :omg:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!