TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Funniest Ride Experiences

OMG Last summer I went to SFGA in Chicago with my sister, mom, and grandma. My grandma is really old and gets tired easily walking out in the hot sun. I thought for sure the day was going to be a waist. To my surprise, she had been taking arobic classes to get back in shape for this day. I thought that was halarious considering she is in her late 60's. Anyways, she told me she used to love coasters when she was a kid wayyy back when (I guess it runs in the family). So, we get there and we first went to Superman since it is always crowded. She begged and begged to get on, but we wouldn't let her since that thing basically dangles you upside down. I thought for sure she'd have a heart attack.

We get to Raging Bull, and once again she begged to ride. She swore she could handle it. So we resisted holding her back any longer and we let her ride. It was great!!! She loved it! After riding it three more times, we were getting off and some teenage girl was nearly in tears standing next to her friend in the queue just about to get on. This girl looked terrified. Her friend noticed us getting off and yelled, "Look, a grandma just rode the ride, I'm sure you can handle it." The girl calmed down and was willing to ride. Most of the people in the station must have been watching and they started to clap and cheer. "Grandma, you saved the day!" my sister yelled. It was halarious!!! Anyways my grandma ended up riding almost everything, including the Demon, American Eagle, Batman, Viper, and even De Javu!!!

• Haha 1

One thing that I thought was pretty funny when I was at Gröna Lund ( A themepark in Sweden)yesterday, me and a friend were about to ride Katapulten (an S&S Tower). When the ride before us was going to get shoot, the girl who took care of it said the usual "Lean the head back bla bla bla" in the speakers. And then she was about to count down. And she went "5... 4... 3..." Poof, and they flew up. All she said was "Whoops" in the speakers, and laughed. I thought it was god damn funny, because some of the riders were peoples who never had rode it before. I think they got pretty scary

^Acrophobia does that.

Funniest park moment...

1) The Yankee Cannonball broke while I was on it.

2) Two kids cut in line for Mind Eraser. They ended up on the train before me, and they went for the pain seat. My friend was not well versed in the Book of Vekoma, so I explained to him what the "pain seat" was and why I was laughing. Well, the train comes in, the guys are in pain, and then they discover somebody took their bags. I was laughing all the way up the lift.

3) Same trip. We were on Flashback. We sat in the front, and I liked the forwards half. Now, for some reason, my friend thought the track would turn around after the "kerchunk" bit. When it didn't and it started going backwards, he started cursing like a sailor.

4) On the river rapids (same trip), my friend and I sat in the boat. A kid sitting next to me said that I was going to get soaked and he wasn't. He was half right. When we came to the waterfall, he went under and I didn't, but I got the jet.

5) Watching people panic on a coaster and saying really unhelpful things ("I heard that sometimes the restraints fly up on this ride.")

Okay, I do derive amusement from the misfortunes of others.

• Haha 1

It's always a good laugh to carry around a different map with you and start asking random people (guests and employees) how to find an attraction on another park's map. Just make sure it looks similar to the real one from the park. I guess the maps are different at Six Flags now, but those used to be the easiest.

Last year at SFGadv, I was walking under the cobra roll of Medusa, and I see something falling out of the train during the first part of the inversion. A split second later, I hear this kid screaming hysterically in a really squeaky voice, "AAAAAAAAAAAH! MY CELL PHONE! MY CELL PHONE!" over and over. I was laughing all the way through the ride.

• Haha 1

I was recently at SFA again. And this guy was giving one of the ops on ME some SERIOUS attitude. She was like "uh huh, nope this ride ain't goin anywhere untill you get off, or loose the attitude. You don't talk to a lady like that!" Turns out this time he actually left the ride. It was priceless.

I was in line for Pittfall at Kennywood Park (its a intamin free fall ride). Anyways we were next and this big huge guy in front of us walks up and goes to pull his shoulder restraints down and comes to relize it keeps hitting his man boobs It wouldn't even go down enough to click! I was sad, yet you couldn't help but laugh!!

• 1 month later...

My favorite thing to do at SFMM is to go on Superman (the right track) half an hour before the park closes, when there is no line. If nobody's waiting, the ride op will just continuously send off the ride over and over again. I got my favorite seat, very back to the very right, and Steven, my friend (yes, I have friends. ) Steven got the seat in front of me. At the "top" of the tower we flung the unrestrained parts of our bodies (torso and up) off the side of the car and waved our arms and screamed FAT POWER!! everytime, so people would look up. Man, that was great.

• Haha 1

The Funniest thing that happened was when I was at a carnival in Edinburgh,Scotland.

I sat down on the Power Surge and these two girls came on (maybe 15 or 16 but it was a while ago so I can't remember) and they started asking me and my bro whether the ride went upside down. They then asked the ride op when we said that we didn't know. The ride op came over and answered the question by tipping their seat upside down.

We were laughing hysterically

Some of the funniest experiences happened this saturday while at SFMW. One wasn't so much being on the ride, but looking at the photos afterwards...some lady yelled at me because I had my camcorder recording the screens. She said "Uh, sir, you can't do that...you can't do that..." After, I looked at the sign and it simply said "No Flash Photography." Anyway, the photo looked like I was taking a huge gulp of water from my waterbottle while riding Roar.

Another funny experience was riding Kong, SFMW's hang'n bang coaster with Man. We both overexaggerated our screams of pain and 'ows'. The last experience was riding the new Rock 'n Tug as we were all exaggerating and pretending to be afraid while riding it.

• Haha 1

Last month at Alton Towers on Rita my mate managed to pull the restraint down so that his head was where his arm was ment to be. So he was basically locked with his cheek resting on his shoulder. So they had to unlock the whole train so he could get himself sorted out.

It may not sound that funny, but it was at the time. The ride ops were laughing.

I saw a groundhog run into and through the stands at Dolphin Discorey at Great Adventure while the show was going on. The performers had to try and calm down the crowd as the dolphins were starting to freak out from people running and screaming like a lion was chasing them.

What a silly little rodent. The performers had a name for the groundhog but I forget what it was.

• Haha 1

I was waiting in line for Montezooma's Revenge at KBF, and there was one girl on it who was freaking out. The ride op was foolin' around quite a bit that day (it was our 3rd time on it for the day), so he decided to make another joke out of the situation.

He goes up to the girl and goes, "Oh, are you scared? Awwww don't worry, I'll count down for you so you'll know when we go! "

About 10 seconds later: "Okay... 10, 9, 8 [LAUNCH] sevesixfifotreetoonezerobyebye!"

The look on the girl's face and the whole station laughing was priceless... and even funnier, we all tried to stop laughing before the train came back through the station, so she wouldn't know!

So let's see, funniest moment? Has to be going on SOB the first year it opened. I'm pretty annoying sometimes, so as soon as the train left the station, I started screaming every expletive I could all the way up the hill, down the drop and around the helixes. I shut up until we went towards the loop then started yelling that "I just peed my pants!!!" People were cracking up all the way and when the train got back to the station, everyone was dying. It was pretty funny.

I agree with just yelling random things, great way to freak people out. My favorite is "I think I see the mechanic carrying a piece of track, wonder when we'll come to that part" Most effective when going up the lift.

• Haha 1

OMG I forgot one. At SFA there was a splash boat ride called Shipwreck Falls. The wave goes past the bridge (were you get soaked) onto the pathway. So there was a lady pushing an empty stroller while eating a funnel cake she was facing the other way just standing there unaware of the boat thats going down the hill. Then it splashes and the wave hits her soaking her and the funnel cake. She was not a happy camper.

• Haha 1

When I almost lost my flip flop on Skeikra and then on the drop it flew up and hit my head and then it was gone by the time we hit the loop, but when we got back to the station my flip flop was under my seat. Pretty neat huh? Guess I yelled and cussed for no reason....whoops!

Scan0003.jpg.fb1635fe66a89d82b4a4ca1e1a919247.jpg

flip flop is somewhere over my head now...

Let's see... I can remember two-

Standing in line for the Circus Circus Lightning Bolt, as a train hurtles through the loops and hearing somebody say "Does this ride go upside down?"- I started to laugh, and the person said "No, I'm serious. Does this ride go upside down?"

Riding on White Water Canyon at PKD and seeing a backup at the return to platform, I watched (in amazment) as one of the rafts floated into the water pool to the right of the lift hill, followed by somebody singing the theme to "Gilligan's Island."

• Haha 1

Not mine personally, but this was no doubt the funniest ride moment ever for these kids riding next to SFOG's infamous Elf Guy:

That's no elf....that is Richard Simmons!

(almost even looks like him too)

• Haha 1

I was watching the Space Shot in Galaxyland when I was in line, and it was this (9) year old's first ride. He started to cry as the ride moves up because of this spacious voice thats playing this haunting music and then a kid in line shouted "OMG Your restraints are opening" and the kid started to freak! They launched it and the whole station was laughing. Thank gosh it was a S&S Double Shot or he might have heard us lol. He came off crying.

Another one was when a kid was on the Gravitron he asked me if it spun very fast. I never answered and just laughed at him.

When I was in Galaxyland again, someone's cell phone flew out of the Solar Flare's Stand-Up cars (Park Model Only I think) Solar Flare is a Hoppla ride.