TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Toverland Discussion Thread

If thats how much Hydra was surely the modified Batman The Ride that turned up last year would be about the same price?

Seems like a batman with a slightly changed angle after the first drop. Although as with all rumours this could all be rubbish but nothing like a bit of stirring.

^It linked me to a 404 page, but seeing how it says "Batman clone". I'm assuming its going to be a Batman clone.

I think it would be cool for this park to get a 1/2 indoor, 1/2 outdoor coaster. Either a spinner or water coaster will do fine. However, I'm sure whatever the park has to offer will be good for getting guests in the park.

-Matthew K.

• 2 months later...

A little update for you guys:

- The director of Toverland confirmed that Toverland WILL be opening a new rollercoaster in 2010. She stated this on a local television talkshow.

http://www.l1.nl/popups/mediaplayerpopup/_rp_comm_lsvideoId/1_4274351

If you know the dialect, you can check it out here.

And some other stuff:

- The budget of € 10 million is said to be raised to € 12 million ($ 17.7 million).

- It is not know if the two announcements descibe the same ride. Either the 10mil water ride is being replaced with a 12mil rollercoaster, or they are planning a 12mil rollercoaster with 'water'. It is not specified what this water element could be. This could be a B&M-splashdown or a fountain in the queue line.

Wow, is that the dialect in your area ? I really had to concentrate to understand everything.

So July 2010, the new coaster will already open ? That's very quick as they didn't start construction yet.

Also interesting to hear that Toverland can still expand upto 7.5 times

Edit : just read on themepark.nl that groundworks have started behind Troy.

just read on themepark.nl that groundworks have started behind Troy.

Judging from this, we can assume that it won't go indoors at all. Thats too bad, a half indoor, half outdoor Batman Clone would be awesome!

I'd be disappointed if they were spending 12 million Euros and only getting a Batman clone for that much money, albeit they could theme the living crap out of it. This better go up quick, I'll be in the neighbourhood in late June/Early July.

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

Tried to search for new posts over the Internet. Found some articles here:

www.toverland.info/nieuws/107/

and here:

http://www.turbolaaf.nl/nieuwforum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1697

(The last comment by "operlaaf")

I don´t speak dutch and don´t know where I can translate it over the internet, but I think we have some members who will do it for us.

Don´t want to bother you, but it sounds like they will built the new coaster in 2011?

Can´t wait to ride my first coaster this year!!! TROY

So I definitively will go there in a few weeks.

Maybe I will get new / more informations or some photos of the previously mentioned groundworks.

It is very silent around toverland and their plans for 2010. Can't find anything new about upcoming rides.

Indeed the sites pretparken.be (belgium) and coastervision.eu (dutch) send e-mails to toverland to get confirmation about a new coaster and toverland responded that the large new ride as mentioned in the media is postponed to 2011.

toverland will come up with an official announcement off all things 2010

It is very silent around toverland and their plans for 2010. Can't find anything new about upcoming rides.

Indeed the sites pretparken.be (belgium) and coastervision.eu (dutch) send e-mails to toverland to get confirmation about a new coaster and toverland responded that the large new ride as mentioned in the media is postponed to 2011.

toverland will come up with an official announcement off all things 2010

Some guy on a Belgian messageboard did the same (themeparkvision) and indeed, it's postponed. Probably a good decision cause they were a little late anyways.

I also cannot read dutch, but from what I've heard the ride was pushed back to 2011.

The only good thing about Google Toolbar is the "translate" button, it at least makes it understandable...

Dear Sir / Madam,

Sim sa la thanks for your e-mail and how nice you are so interested in the developments of Magic Land!

The new attraction mentioned in the media has been postponed until next year. If you just have patience and wait for the news to hear what you naturally this year to come.

See you in Magic Land?!?

With sim sa la salute,

Judge Melissa

Executive Secretary

^Almost

------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sim sa la thanks for your email and it is really nice that you are that interested in the development of Toverland!

De new ride as it was mentioned in the media is posponed untill next year. If you will be patient and wait for the news, you'll hear what's planned for this year.

See you in Toverland?!?

Sim sa la regards,

Melissa de Rechter

Directiesecretaresse

• 1 month later...

Several themepark-fansites reported from the press conference via Twitter that Toverland will build a 45 foot swingship called Scorpios, which will feature special effects and something called a 'horsetrack' for 2010. In 2011 the park will build a Mack Supersplash called Odysseus.

I'll keep you updated as more news becomes available.

EDIT: It seems that the Supersplash is just a rumour...Toverland only confirmed that they are building something for 2011, but not what.

scorpios.jpg.0855663b8f08f8428ae52844d9c54cd2.jpg

Edited by hyyyper

Facts & figures

Hoogte attractie: 15 meter

Lengte schip: 16 meter

Snelheid: 42 km/uur

Min. lengte inzittenden: 110 cm

Aantal inzittenden: 42 personen

Capaciteit: 800 gasten/uur

Leverancier: Metallbau Emmeln (MBE)

Hellingshoek: > 75 graden

investeringsbedrag van € 2.500.000

Toverland gaat verder in de mythe van Troje

Vandaag was Coastervision ook aanwezig op de persconferentie van de nieuwe attractie voor dit jaar. Toverland wil de komende jaren verder met het gebied van rondom Troy oftewel de mythe van Troje wordt uitbereid.

Komend jaar komen er maarliefst twee nieuwe attracties bij, een 15 meter hoog schommelschip en een paardenbaan voor de kleintjes. Dit schommelschip heeft wel een heel bijzonder staartje, deze schorpioen 'Scorpios' brengt je namelijk helemaal terug in de authentieke haven rondom Troje. Deze nieuwe attracties zullen begin juli 2010 openen in Attractiepark Toverland, ook zal er nog een vast horecapunt komen in deze stijl.

Scorpios

Het speciale van dit schommelschip is de hellingshoek, een normaal schommelschip heeft een hellingshoek van 60 graden echter heeft deze een hellingshoek van minimaal 75 graden, aldus Caroline Maessen. Daarnaast kregen wij op de persconferentie ook al een voorstukje te proeven van de muziek rondom Scorpios, helaas kregen wij hier nog niet veel over te horen. Zodra je aankomt krijg je een heel sfeervol -gevoel, maar zodra je instapt veranderd de sfeer helemaal, het begint te stormen.

Facts:

Hoogte Scorpios: 15 meter

Lengte Scorpios: 16 meter

Snelheid: 42 km/uur

Minimale lengte: 110cm

Aantal inzittende: 42 personen

Capaciteit: 800 gasten/uur

Leverancier: Metallbau Emmeln (MBE)

Kosten hele gebied: €2.500.000,-

Oddyseus:

Volgens Caroline Maessen was dit slechts het tipje van de sluier voor wat er volgend jaar komen gaat. Via deze attractie kunnen de mensen naar de nieuwe attractie Oddyseus gaan, wat voor attractie dit is, is helaas nog niet bekend gemaakt. Volgend jaar bestaat Toverland 10 jaar en dat willen ze dus groots gaan aanpakken en de bouw van Oddyseus gaat dan ook al in september dit jaar van start als alle financiën goed komen, dit wordt namelijk een €10 miljoen investering.

Plaats can Scorpios

Ingang Scorpios

Horeca-punt

Coastervision.eu zal jullie wekelijks op de hoogte houden rondom de bouw van Scorpios en ook volgend jaar tijdens de bouw van Oddyseus.

Persconferentie -reportage zal later vanavond volgen.

Tekst: Wouter Selen/ Coastervision.eu

It looks like they'll be theming the entire outside area, and from the looks of it, it looks like it will be really nice. Both rides should be good additions to the park, and it'll be interesting to see if the area ends up as nice as it looks in the renderings or if it looks like Mt. Olympus. I didn't really want to see that B&M invert at Toverland as I just thought it would be out of place at a family park, so I'm glad they are continuing to focus on families and improving the park theming wise.