TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite coaster cars/trains or ride vehicles

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite ride vehicle has always been the caterpillar cars in Alice in Wonderland at DL.

And it still is my fave, even after all these past years of overseas parks travel I have done.

EDIT to add: I now realize this was for coasters, and not really anything to do with

dark ride vehicles. Oh well. I tried.

AliceInWonderlandDLRalt.jpg.aceba47d27dc7acd3d317d7688594791.jpg

And I still would love to see this attraction at EPCOT, back of the UK Pavilion.

The entrance would lead through the gardens, into a walk-in rabbit hole, into the show building. (o;

Edited by Nrthwnd

This probably isn't a popular opinion, but for some reason, I've always liked the look of B&M trains. I really don't know why. I also like Millennium Flyers because they're very sleek and comfortable.

As for least favorite trains, probably Morgan Hyper trains. There's really nothing wrong with them ride-wise, but they're very large and bulky.

No specific order:

Alpengeist - Skis on the back of the train are a great addition

Apollo's Chariot - Love the color scheme and the gold plated Busch logo on the front of the train.

El Toro - The woodgrain effect and the bull on the front is kick ass.

Dueling Dragons - Self Explanatory.

GCI Millennium Flyer trains

HollyWood Rip Rocket Ride - Extremely unique and comfortable

(I know I'm gonna catch a lot of heat for this) Skyrush - I love the upper body freedom on this ride, makes the out of control feeling better.

Skyrush trains 100%!! Love the totally exposed feeling the seats offer, ESPECIALLY on the edge seats. .....plus it helps that the ride totally kicks ass.

MILF has perfect trains/seats; open, comfortable, and aesthetically appealing to boot! Really, all the early Intamin hypers&giga have great train design, however, their newer I305 seat/restraint style is a step backwards in my opinion.

B&M hypers&gigas have great trains. Sleek looking (in their generic form), track well, and the seat+restraint combo is the most comfortable out there. If I could put B&M trains (with clamshells) on an Intamin giga/mega, THAT would be an incredible machine

Notable mentions go to GCI millennium flyers, MS X-cars, and old woodies with sofa-style bench seats with buzz bars (like the old NAD trains, Tbolt at KW).

Although everyone may not agree with me on the Tony Hawk's Big Spin/Pandemonium coaster cars not looking like skateboards. But to be honest with you guys, they just a glorified version of Gerstlauer's generic spinning coaster cars with fin for the "skateboard deck" and molded wheel on the sides. Still in all I like it!

1342525203_a20e14162a_m.jpg

B&M hypers&gigas have great trains. Sleek looking (in their generic form), track well, and the seat+restraint combo is the most comfortable out there. If I could put B&M trains (with clamshells) on an Intamin giga/mega, THAT would be an incredible machine

Only if skyrush had those restraints ......