TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Doesn't really look a loop to me, too lopsided, and only has one side of supports on the top (Usually there are supports in the middle, Hmmm, it looks like if it's an Immelmann or a diver, the part before/after the half loop is inverted for too long. Hmmmm...also to me it kind of looks like it doesn't flip over for a while...but then again this is just concept art. But look how similar the supports are. Probably just me though.

screen_shot_2011-09-03_at_7.png.96bee4f34c699f76dd0f3f36d5ff467e.png

x231.jpg.7440c13d9714c0163de43dfc93e823c3.jpg

Edited by Schotcher

Primier really only makes LSM/LIM coasters.

Not so true.

Vonkaputous at Linnanmaki

Soak'd at Freestyle Music Park

Round About at Freestyle Music Park

Bandit at Movie Park Germany

Runaway Mountain at Six Flags over Texas.

While Premier is most commonly known for their launch coasters, they have done plenty of projects (coasters and otherwise) that have not involved powered launches.

^ That's either an inversion or a really steep bank. The connector on the support closer to us is flat, while the connector on the taller support behind it is at a 90 degree angle. My guess is that we're seeing the second half of a zero-g roll.

I'm really excited for this announcement, and even thourgh i live in Denmark this is really a big thing for me. I have set the alarm for 3:30 AM, so while the house is sleeping i'm gonna watch the live announcement of a very beautiful looking roller coaster.

I'm also looking forward to see the construction progress of this beauty, from this amazing amusement park!

Dollywood, you are awesome!

- Kian Kronvang, Denmark.