TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Sweet!! Texting away to try and win those lifetime season passes!

How To Enter: There are two ways to enter the sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period: (1) Send a text message on September 4, 2011 at Boomsday in Knoxville as to what you see in the sky to 87654. Only ONE (1) entry per person will be accepted. Entries submitted by any person in excess of the stated limit will be void

While I do slightly prefer X Flights's layout (but I could be bias on that with GRAm being my home park) I'm sure it will still be a great ride and it's location and the amount of theming DW will be amazing. I'm really hoping I'll be able to try it out next year!

Edited by deathbydinn

Interesting, definitely looks like an amazing coaster, but if I'm a little let down that they're just using that hill to prop the coaster over the park, like they want it to stand out and tower over everything. It seems like this is a response to Carowind's Intimidator, and that Dollywood is quickly headed in the direction of being simply a "coaster park". I had hoped for a little more ingenuity and creativity in the design.

However, the concept art does not seem to give that good of an impression of what the actual ride will look like. I'm sure it will look a little better nestled into the trees more, and some parts are probably designed to flow with the terrain. It doesn't show any theming at all though... I wonder if they left it out, or if there's really not going to be any at all. Seeing as every other B&M Wing Walker so far has featured interactions with theming, it'd be totally out of character for Dollywood's to be so vanilla.

We'll see what happens, I have a feeling there will be plenty of surprises while this thing is being developed, and the final product will turn out far better than anyone would imagine. That's usually how it works out with HFEC