TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I do have to say though, I am pretty impressed Six Flags is putting in a few of those giant space ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings on crack, definitely unique rides being brought to the states. Everything else Six Flags announced, mehhhhh

Lol! Even the two RMCs?!

The waterpark was in real need of some kind of upgrade and this looks to do that. I'd imagine that is a fair amount cheaper than a water coaster and accomplishes the same goal. Hopefully that tides that section of the park over for a few years.

In re: to Boss discussion, watching the video of Georgia's new RMC Cyclone, go ahead and chop half the length of the Boss if that's what is needed to get a ride like that and stay within budget!

The waterpark was in real need of some kind of upgrade and this looks to do that. I'd imagine that is a fair amount cheaper than a water coaster and accomplishes the same goal. Hopefully that tides that section of the park over for a few years.

In re: to Boss discussion, watching the video of Georgia's new RMC Cyclone, go ahead and chop half the length of the Boss if that's what is needed to get a ride like that and stay within budget!

Meh. Even as awesome as Twisted Cyclone looks, I'm a sucker for the Boss for its lengthy, impressive layout and it's use of terrain. I would still rather keep it in its current state than see it butchered.

Same with Georgia Cyclone. Twisted Cyclone will be a better ride, granted, but I'll sure be missing it's older self. I would have much rather seen GASM get the conversion if they aren't using a ton of Georgia Cyclone's structure.

Good, needed, addition to the waterpark.

I do find it funny how many f'n coasters SFFT, SFMEXICO and SF Dallas have seen while we get nothing impressive/noteworthy (coaster-wise). We got SFDallas 27 year old boomerang, so that doesnt count. But I wonder how a market like Mexico gets all new coasters like 3 out of 4 years and we cant? Oh well....#TimeTraveler

I've always have been suprised that SFM isn't SFMM sized as Mexico City is the most densely populated city in the world, with the second largest population in all of the Western Hemisphere (2nd only to São Paulo), and has largest largest metropolitan area in the Western Hemisphere.

Then again, I think the economy and social customs are to blame. Leaisure time activities are much more prevalent in more developed countries such as the US where people on average have more padded disposable incomes.

Meh. Even as awesome as Twisted Cyclone looks, I'm a sucker for the Boss for its lengthy, impressive layout and it's use of terrain. I would still rather keep it in its current state than see it butchered.

Same with Georgia Cyclone. Twisted Cyclone will be a better ride, granted, but I'll sure be missing it's older self. I would have much rather seen GASM get the conversion if they aren't using a ton of Georgia Cyclone's structure.

Eh, the Boss really doesn't have anything particularly standout save for the helix at the end, which RMC could "preserve" and do something really cool with. I do enjoy the large layout and footprint, but knowing that there is zero chance the ride could be redone at current length thanks to the budget, I'd trust RMC would make the most of the length they were given. It's all sort of a pipe dream anyways though.

Given the choice, I'd say leave Boss as is and just get a Raptor eventually. That seems extremely plausible as well.

Does anyone who works at the park or through other methods know what the rider numbers are/were last year for the coasters at the park? I'm curious how they compare ridership wise. I'd think The Boss is still one of the more popular rides, as it's line doesn't seem to be out of sorts with the other coasters.

Well, it's not a water coaster, but Typhoon Twister is probably the best non-water coaster slide they could've added to the park. It combines two of my favorite water slide elements (bowl and half-pipe) and looks like a lot of fun. It's just too bad that they didn't add a conveyor belt so you don't have to lug those huge rafts up 5 flights of stairs. The coaster drought continues but I really think the park will get a Free Fly or a Raptor in the next few years.

Well, it's not a water coaster, but Typhoon Twister is probably the best non-water coaster slide they could've added to the park. It combines two of my favorite water slide elements (bowl and half-pipe) and looks like a lot of fun. It's just too bad that they didn't add a conveyor belt so you don't have to lug those huge rafts up 5 flights of stairs. The coaster drought continues but I really think the park will get a Free Fly or a Raptor in the next few years.

I think this may have been the last year if Free Flies.

We probably won't visit the water park, but the slide looks pretty neat. I hope it comes with more fresh paint and year to year improvements we've been continuing to gradually see overtime. I personally think water coasters are overrated. I would imagine that this addition is cheaper and will still provide enjoyment.

Then again, I think the economy and social customs are to blame. Leaisure time activities are much more prevalent in more developed countries such as the US where people on average have more padded disposable incomes.

And by more padded and disposable incomes, you mean more people living above their means via financing more debt? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

IMO it is safe to say that Boss isn't going anywhere anytime soon, especially with all the track work it has been getting lately.

Agree 100%.

Quick question. My 10 year old daughter is finally starting to like coasters, especially wooden ones since she says she's not ready to go upside down. We're heading down to the park this weekend and it's been a while since I've been there, so I need a refresher. Which is the best seat on Screamin' Eagle? I'm excited she finally likes airtime! lol

This is on SFStL's website...what a c**ktease

That's Iron Rattler! Friggin unbelievable! SFSTL has now resorted to misrepresenting it's rides?!

It is not the Coaster you think it is ... It's The Boss, repeat... It's The Boss, It's The Boss

Quick question. My 10 year old daughter is finally starting to like coasters, especially wooden ones since she says she's not ready to go upside down. We're heading down to the park this weekend and it's been a while since I've been there, so I need a refresher. Which is the best seat on Screamin' Eagle? I'm excited she finally likes airtime! lol
The backseat has good airtime except for at the drop out of the large turn. The airtime there is insane. All the other seats are just ok.

Sitting in the back of the Eagle on a cool evening at dusk is the best ride in the park, I won't be told any different!

The backseat has good airtime except for at the drop out of the large turn. The airtime there is insane. All the other seats are just ok.

Sitting in the back of the Eagle on a cool evening at dusk is the best ride in the park, I won't be told any different!

Thanks guys, I'll make sure we get a back seat ride.

I just realized that this is the same slide at SFOG HH called Tsunami Surge. We rode it last year and loved it!!

Both the name and the ride concept are used in Atlanta (but at different parks)! While SFOG's HH has 'Tsunami Surge' (the slide in the photos), SF White Water has a 'Typhoon Twister' slide with a different layout but the same ride logo! This one opened in 2014.