TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

• 2 months later...

I'll be heading to Minneapolis for a wedding, and I'll be making a stop along the way to spend all day at Six Flags Great America on July 11, 2017. The next day we taking I-94 to I-90 and we'll be passing EXACTLY by Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park. After much debating, and CHEAP TICKETS (LOW AS $40 FOR THREE ADULTS), I decided why not just stop by and add 4 more coaster credits. And that's exactly what this will be...A CREDIT PIT STOP! I heard this park isn't "the best," but I'm a theme park junkie so I'll make do. LOL. Any tips would be great if you have any.

I'll be heading to Minneapolis for a wedding, and I'll be making a stop along the way to spend all day at Six Flags Great America on July 11, 2017. The next day we taking I-94 to I-90 and we'll be passing EXACTLY by Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park. After much debating, and CHEAP TICKETS (LOW AS $40 FOR THREE ADULTS), I decided why not just stop by and add 4 more coaster credits. And that's exactly what this will be...A CREDIT PIT STOP! I heard this park isn't "the best," but I'm a theme park junkie so I'll make do. LOL. Any tips would be great if you have any.

Expect slow ride ops which results in long wait times... luckily you're going in the middle of the week which should help a little, but not much... and also, expect A TON OF LINE JUMPING

Oh thank god, whenever I see this thread bumped out of the blue I assume the worst.

Good to see I'm not the only one when it comes to this thread. Lol

Glad I visited this park with TPR a couple of years ago and not by myself. I don't see myself ever wanting to go back to this park (even if it has one of the greatest wave pools out there).

So . . . I'm basically in for a crappy day. This park can't be that bad . . . can it? Another option was Indiana Beach.

Well, first off, if you haven't bought tickets yet, don't, because they might fall in price further to like $5. It really did a couple of years ago.

Second, yes, it can be that bad. It might be the very worst park in the nation. That someone hasn't been killed there recently by an operating ride is literally thanks to dumb luck and the magic of modern medical science.

No tickets were purchased . . .yet . . . but I feel this "URGE" to conquer this park. LOL. I WILL TAKE A STAND WHERE NO OTHER IS ABLE TO STAND!

Based on your actions/travel over the past few years you are going to visit someday. You seem to be the type that wants to experience all the coasters and judge for yourself. For that reason only you should visit now before a major incident shuts the place down. Just make sure to ride Hellcat at Timber Falls, also. Damn, that used to be my 2nd favorite woodie, but I haven't been there in almost ten years, nor do I even want to revisit Wisconsin Dells.

Based on your actions/travel over the past few years you are going to visit someday. You seem to be the type that wants to experience all the coasters and judge for yourself. For that reason only you should visit now before a major incident shuts the place down. Just make sure to ride Hellcat at Timber Falls, also. Damn, that used to be my 2nd favorite woodie, but I haven't been there in almost ten years, nor do I even want to revisit Wisconsin Dells.

That's exactly me! You know me so well! I love to experience new parks that I haven't visited yet. My count is already at 32, and no park I've been to twice. Every park is a new experience and that's what I love. Since Six Flags Great America is an "all day, fun day" for me, I just decided why not stop at Mt. Olympus and see what's it all about. Trust me, I'm going with VERY LOW EXPECTATIONS.

For what's it's worth,,, I had a great time in the Dells, including Mount Olympus, last time I visited. Albeit, that was close to 10 years ago and I hear some things have gone downhill, but I have all good memories. Cyclops with the insane ejector air, Hades was the most intense, out of control coaster I'd have ever been on, especially at night, it was fantastic. Hellcat or its former name Avalanche (can't remember what it was when I went), was an awesome little woodie. Combined with a visit to Noah's Ark waterpark, a ride on the Dells Duck boats and some local beer, it was a successful stop during one of my coaster tours. Sad if it's become truly as bad as people say. I try to have a good time no matter where I go. Managing expectations is key.

^ That's the way to look at it! When I know a park isn't on the scale of Disney, Universal, or even Six Flags status, I make sure my expectations isn't on a grand scale. That way, if my experience doesn't turn out as plan, at least I had the chance to see for myself. I recently went to Legoland FL with expectations that this park is geared towards kids, but after my visit I can honestly say I had a blast! It was so much to do if you really took your time and enjoyed the atmosphere. The same apply to Mt. Olympus as well: I'm not expecting the "best" park in the world, but every park has it's bad and good moments. Lets hope I land on the "good moment."

Ive been to the Dells over 30 times since 1986... it is NOTHING like it used to be. Don't get me wrong, there's still a few decent attractions left... The Original Ducks, The Upper and Lower Boat Tours, the Wisconsin River and Lake Delton, Tommy Bartlett, Pirate's Cove, Noah's Ark, and some of the Down Town area. The problem that has drug the Dells downward so much, and I don't mean to sound politically incorrect in any way, but the amount of foreigners who have set up camp and opened the repeating crap shops, restaurants, and attractions... the biggest one of all, the Laskaris family who owns Mt. Olympus. Then instead of investing money into the park, the company, safety, and customer service, they have been spending every penny they make in to buying up every hotel and now some restaurants on the strip. The quality of service at these locations thus went in to a downward spiral. Then, the good wholesome American tradition of a vacation spot went down the sh!tter, thus leaving them to have to lower the prices to keep business coming. When you lower prices, you invite a less pleasant clientele... then basically the whole area goes to sh!t. Its such a damn shame too, the Dells was where I spent every summer family vacation, and its no longer anything like it used to be. Don't get me wrong, we still go from time to time, but only for 2-3 days, thats all we can handle anymore. Places like Wilderness, Great Wolf, and Kalahari still have a large higher end clientele, but that is because these resorts have enough to offer that you never have to leave into the madness in the rest of the Dells if you dont want to. Thanks Laskaris family, you have destroyed the Dells