TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never knew Cedar Point was replacing track sections!

Mabye Rougarou is actually going to get 4D trains that will have no inverting actions through the loop and dive loop.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

^What you would actually say (just to shock them ) is: "Actually, there are many coasters that go upside down that have lap bars only."

Yeah, that is a more logical response.

"Lots of coasters don't have lapbars. Have you ever heard of Altair CCW-0204? "

When a popular Facebook page posts about a new roller coaster, I always seem to find a bunch of pro-Cedar Point comments along the lines of "Nothing compares to Cedar Point" and "Only a matter of time until Cedar Point blows this out of the water!" My point is that I'm glad that the GP knows that Cedar Point is an amazing park, but I don't like how they think that Cedar Point is the only park that has kick-butt coasters .

^Or what I have realized, when parks post about ANYTHING, someone will post something about how amazing Millenium Force is. Here's an example.

Come check out our amazing live music today!
Millenium Force is my favorite coaster!

Ok, the thing that bothers me about this, is that Millennium Force has nothing to do with the live music the park is promoting (this is a completely made up, but I have seen this type of thing happen so many times).

NOTE: I am not trying to say say Millennium Force isn't a great coaster, and I'm not trying to say that Cedar Point isn't a great park, I'm just saying that people who "comment" on a post without their comment having anything to do with the post.

This type of thing happens on TPR's page a lot, TPR will post an awesome POV, then people ask what the ride is called or where the ride is located when it says it IN THE POST!

^Or what I have realized, when parks post about ANYTHING, someone will post something about how amazing Millenium Force is. Here's an example.

Come check out our amazing live music today!
Millenium Force is my favorite coaster!

Ok, the thing that bothers me about this, is that Millennium Force has nothing to do with the live music the park is promoting (this is a completely made up, but I have seen this type of thing happen so many times).

NOTE: I am not trying to say say Millennium Force isn't a great coaster, and I'm not trying to say that Cedar Point isn't a great park, I'm just saying that people who "comment" on a post without their comment having anything to do with the post.

This type of thing happens on TPR's page a lot, TPR will post an awesome POV, then people ask what the ride is called or where the ride is located when it says it IN THE POST!

The Chicago Blackhawks are my favorite hockey team

This isn't an amusement park thing, but The Oatmeal talked about Google's self driving cars. I feel like this is very similar to the amusement industry:

The unfortunate part of something this transformative is the inevitable, ardent stupidity which is going to erupt from the general public. Even if in a few years self-driving cars are proven to be ten times safer than human-operated cars, all it’s going to take is one tragic accident and the public is going to lose their minds. There will be outrage. There will be politicizing. There will be hashtags.

It’s going to suck.

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/google_self_driving_car

This isn't an amusement park thing, but The Oatmeal talked about Google's self driving cars. I feel like this is very similar to the amusement industry:
The unfortunate part of something this transformative is the inevitable, ardent stupidity which is going to erupt from the general public. Even if in a few years self-driving cars are proven to be ten times safer than human-operated cars, all it’s going to take is one tragic accident and the public is going to lose their minds. There will be outrage. There will be politicizing. There will be hashtags.

It’s going to suck.

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/google_self_driving_car

This isn't the right thread to talk about the Onion.

But I found something worthy of sharing.

10857993_10152962974068566_4271392584067262824_n.jpg?oh=2de93cd6c0f3d018abc98f49ebcd5a34&oe=553FE37F&__gda__=1425743402_4b29f8c5f62a31899f1db5c69ddbcbc6

As whoever is managing TPR's Facebook (Maybe Robb) said, "Where where they in the last 15 years?"

[but I found something worthy of sharing.

10857993_10152962974068566_4271392584067262824_n.jpg?oh=2de93cd6c0f3d018abc98f49ebcd5a34&oe=553FE37F&__gda__=1425743402_4b29f8c5f62a31899f1db5c69ddbcbc6

As whoever is managing TPR's Facebook (Maybe Robb) said, "Where where they in the last 15 years?"

I rode Gwazi in August of 2012, with the new trains, and it was awful! I don't know what these people are talking about, but they're probably nostalgia-blind to see the ride how it truly is. I mean, it was still a fun ride, but... OUCH!

I was at IOA last Sunday watching Grinchmas.

The man in front of me (who insisted on letting everyone know he only lives 10 minutes from the park and so is there all of the time) starts talking with the family next to him. They tell him they are from San Antonio and go to Sea World all the time.

And then the genius replies with "Well, I feel bad for Sea World here. They're probably going to close it."

Hey dumbass. SHUT UP!!

It is a well-known "fact" that once its announced that a ride will close it automatically becomes 10x better (which for Gwazi would still mean a fairly crappy ride...)

As magical as the day that Manhattan Express' closing will be, I'm incredibly concerned as to what people will say, especially knowing the high GP population that has ridden that ride.

Was rewatching some episodes of Insane Coaster Wars, and in the segment about Gatekeeper, the narrator said "This might just be the most intense coaster ever" . I haven't ridden Gatekeeper yet, but I highly doubt it's the most intense coaster ever.

I did tickets at our city's Worlds Fair in 1986.

Didn't that Worlds Fair have the same type of parachute tower as Knotts?

Yes it did. Called the Space Drop, and in The Yellow Zone of the fair. Found a pic.

Sorry for the sidebar, guys.

EXPO86a.jpg.a58d7ec04166a4b321d55a94e4eeeca8.jpg

Here it is, at the top of the tower, 1986. I loved it, especially

the flying saucer covers above the buckets, lol.

Was rewatching some episodes of Insane Coaster Wars, and in the segment about Gatekeeper, the narrator said "This might just be the most intense coaster ever" . I haven't ridden Gatekeeper yet, but I highly doubt it's the most intense coaster ever.

I rode GateKeeper, and it was one of the least intense roller coasters I ever went on.

I rode GateKeeper, and it was one of the least intense roller coasters I ever went on.

Can I say something crazy? My mom says Gatekeeper is the best coaster she has been on. What about the others?