TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My cousin heard this while in line for Superman (SFNE, of course):

*girl looks at signs of all the years it won #1 coaster* "When was it purple? I'm pretty sure it's always been red, that must be a picture of the blue part!"

In my head:

I immediately told my cousin I'd post it here. I just can't anymore...

This video

Another reason why I don't watch Mojo

It said that Superman the escape travelled as fast as a speeding bulit. Now a bulit goes at 1700mph...

"Faster than a speeding bullet" is a phase that shows up in all sorts of Superman Media (Comics, films, etc), it's a reference to that.

Facebook comments about Fury 325 getting stuck on the lift hill from April last year...

-I like knowing this ride stops! WSOC keep reporting!! At some point the ride needs to be inspected more then it has been! Yes all rides mess up and yes the safety feature worked but at what point do you stop blaming it on this and investigate further?! Is there another irresponsible teenager stopping the ride to get laughs, like on the windseeker?!

-tragedy it's about to happen only then they will understand!!

-Even if the ride shuts down "like it's supposed to" for safety reasons, NO ONE wants to risk getting stuck lol please don't defend Carowinds bc it's obvious that there are issues they can't seem to address. You won't be so quick to defend them when someone dies. Smh

-No way in hell would you get me on that ride!! Its gonna kill someone you just wait and see!!

-Go to Cedar Rapids in Ohio folks

-okay this is becoming a repeated problem. Carowinds need to shut dat ride down n find tha problem and fix it. they had dat ride ready before deadline anyway

-Shut the f***ing thing down , before someone is killed,, not after....DUH !!!

-#Carowinds NEEDS TO HIRE NEW/BETTER MECHANICS!! And FIRE all the ones that ARE NOT doing their jobs PROPERLY!! And no one seems to be paying attention that THIS IS PEOPLE'S LIVES AT STAKE!! Where is the Management/Owners when thus is happening??!! They're sitting one their FAT RICH A**ES.... WATCHING FROM THE SIDELINES.... DOING NOTHING!!

To be fair... stopping on the lift hill is a pretty rare occurrence for most coasters, and it happened to Fury three times in one week. That looks bad, even to me as an enthusiast. It has the appearance of an issue that isn't being fixed correctly, and I understand why that scares some people.

I was on a stopped train literally 10 feet before the apex of the lift hill on Fury, and no one gave a crap. It seemed like everyone on the train and on the ground seemed to logically come to the conclusion: this is normal, this isn't a safety concern.

It seems that everyone who comments that kind of irrational BS is already convinced of the inherent dangerous nature of coasters, so it's not like they would've gone to Carowinds anyways. The only things those people seem to ride is the couch.

THE ROAST IS REAL

I feel like my goal in life is to educate people on coaster basics, including dispelling all the sh*t they hear or think that is far beyond incorrect... I just don't even know anymore... ever since The Smiler any coaster malfunction is under the microscope, and rarely is it a bad thing!

We were stopped about halfway up on Zumanjaro on our first ride ever of it. We were up there a good 5 minutes or longer (hard to tell when you're up there), and then they dropped us without warning one by one starting with the far right. We were on the far left chatting it up when the first one dropped, then the middle, and we knew we were next.

After we got off, there was a guy PISSED yelling at the ride ops because they didn't warn us. I'm not sure if there are even speakers up there but he sure was making threats!

This article that my friend shared with me on Facebook asking if I knew any of these coasters.

Urgh!!! It really annoys me when people make articals like this when they have no clue what they are talking about. I mean, where is Balder, Expedition G force and how can desperado be better than Helix!

This article that my friend shared with me on Facebook asking if I knew any of these coasters.

Urgh!!! It really annoys me when people make articals like this when they have no clue what they are talking about. I mean, where is Balder, Expedition G force and how can desperado be better than Helix!

Lesser-known parks always get left out of these lists. Seriously, where's Phoenix, Boulder Dash, and Phantom's Revenge!?

Lesser-known parks always get left out of these lists. Seriously, where's Phoenix, Boulder Dash, and Phantom's Revenge!?

The Gp doesn't know lesser-known parks unless they live near it.

On the bus to school today:

1: "Oh have you been to Kings Dominion? They have the most roller coasters on the East Coast!"

2: "What's the purple one called?"

3: "Oh yea, Dominator 305! It's really fun!"

*Jumps out emergency exit*

I was at Six Flags St. Louis today playing one of those games near Screamin' Eagle (my cousin wanted a prize) and Screamin' Eagle was closed today.

I was about to play when a random woman grabbed me, spun me around and screamed at me. I couldn't understand what she was saying, but (guessing) it sounded like this: "Screamin' Eagle is closed! -(Gibberish) - We gotta Boycott the park (I think she said that). I WASTED MONEY GOING HERE AND SCREAMIN' EAGLE IS CLOSED!"

Then she ran off.

I stood there for a moment and then thought "Another thing to add to the GP thread" as I pretended nothing happened.

Edited by SixFlagsAstroworld