TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Shuttle Coaster

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poltergeist at Dorney. Rode it as the original Superman at Geauga Lake and again a few years ago at its new home and it's still one of my favorites. The straight reverse spike with the brake is much better than Wicked Twister.

As much as Montezooma's Revenge was a fun ride, I'll have to say that my #1 shuttle coaster is SFDK's V2. The main part of what gives it the edge over Monte is the longer ride time, as well as the awesome inverted hanging in the front row on the first and third forward trips.

Unless SFDK's Superman also counts, in which case I would have to say Superman. That ride is short but completely insane.

Edited by The49er

Montezooma's Revenge, with the Intamin Impulse and the Vekoma GIB as runner ups. I also like the Premier shuttles (Mr. Freeze/Speed-The Ride), but not quite as much. Other than the four types listed here, I find almost every shuttle coaster to be simply a credit coaster.

For myself, it's the first shuttle loop I ever rode...

Tidal Wave at the then Marriott's Great America, south of San Francisco.

I loved it, from first reading about it in their mailed to me flyer, to actually

riding it.....with ONLY lap bars, back then.

I think I rode it 6 times that day, LOL!

For nowadays, I am really glad that Montezooma's Revenge in Knott's is still running.

That is still my second favourite of all the shuttle loops I have been on, around the world.

My third choice...has yet to be determined.

tidalwave.jpg.f7f246bdb422eaa385b387bd3b3e5101.jpg

Tidal Wave, way back when. I enjoyed even the cheesy flatboard "waves" that they used to theme it.

Edited by Nrthwnd