TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

S&S Sansei Discussion Thread

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks great. Personally I hate X2 but love the concept of X2 (if that makes any sense). It's too jerky to be enjoyable which is a shame because it's such a great idea. I've been hoping for a similar concept to X2 with better execution for a long time and I'm really excited to see that we might finally have it in the works.

This looks great. Personally I hate X2 but love the concept of X2 (if that makes any sense). It's too jerky to be enjoyable which is a shame because it's such a great idea.

This is EXACTLY my thought as well. I really like the idea behind the ride, and honestly, when X or X2 first opened and it ran smooth, it was incredible! But over time as they got rougher, I liked them much less. I'm hoping the use of RMC I-Box track and the free spinning instead of the more jerky controlled spinning motion will make this ride much more enjoyable.

Imagine if Intamin or B&M ask you to come over to their factory.....

Based on their IAAPA interviews, I doubt that B&M would dare, but I think this is great advertising for S&S and I wouldn't be surprised if other companies let Robb show off their prototype to help get the word out to parks about what they're pitching. I really hope it's successful for S&S, I would love to see these get built, or even another classic 4D.

Wow, very cool to see a prototype in action like this. Thanks for sharing video footage and pictures of the ride and the S&S shop, TPR comes through again. But now that I have seen a coaster operate in 18 degrees with people having fun on it there is NO reason CF cannot open VF on weekends in the winter. Fire up Renegade, Steel Venom and Wild Thing pronto! We have jackets, hats, gloves and were hearty people who are used to the cold and could handle it. Dear Mr. Quimet...... I am writing you today about...

Wow, looks like a lot of fun. How does this compare to the intamin zacspins seeing as they are pretty much the same concept?

They are similar that the seats spin freely, but the use of those dampers to help give the car a "push" so to speak to help it spin more is quite unique. And also the seats, assuming they would use the same in the production model, were VERY comfortable. The spinning motion seemed much more fluid and smooth than the Zacspin.

I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of extended layout they can use with these trains.

My money is on a European park purchasing 1 first. Looks like a great concept. Thanks for the video and report Robb/Elissa.

It looks absolutely amazing! Hopefully, many parks will build them! Would be really great! Do you guys know how much a coaster of that type would cost?

This was my first question upon seeing the post. I agree with Robb that this would be an AMAZING addition to any park, but if it's pricey, chains such as Cedar Fair and Six Flags might be weary of purchasing these for anything but their flagship parks.

^ Because the spinning motion isn't as "jerky", it didn't seem to have any affect on your legs. I mean, watch the video and you can see how smooth it is on the body.

I was watching the video for the question - the reason I asked was specifically with some of the spinning you see at :32 and just beyond that - Your legs in particular aren't moving, but it looks like the transitions between forward and backwards are still relatively sudden. Hearing that it doesn't feel like it's jerky, well, that sounds great.

I always like the dramatic way the 4D coasters could position you, and while I think this is cool I don't think it will be quite as amazingly dramatic as how those control your exact movement. However, if it isn't soul-crushingly painful to ride, I think that until they figure out a way to perfect that system, this is the better overall ride. Very cool

I love the fact they have taken the core idea of their current 4d's (rotating seats) and have totally simplified it. Removing all the clutter and by having free spinning seats rather than controlled rotating they provide a new experience. I doubt these will replace the current 4d's as I guess both rides will produce different experiences but if they can add partial control of the spinning via the dampers then they are onto a winner. If a future model is able to increase and decrease the intensity based on a group of riders preferences on a cycle by cycle basis then parks can have a ride that anyone can ride and it can provide totally different experiences.

I wonder if the B&M wing rider coasters had implemented such a feature

You mean "fun?"

I take it this short little proto provided more of a satisfying ride than the wing riders.

Being pulled up to the top platform was more thrilling than any wing rider I've been on!

I can see an indoor park getting one of these! That was the first thing I thought when I saw this!

Remember this was just a prototype, a small piece of track section used to show proof of concept, a production model would be huge. With those large cars and I-box track I would think this coaster would be massive in size.

I love that this actually looks like more fun than a classic 4D coaster, yet will surely cost significantly less to build and maintain due to the simplified mechanics.