TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

S&S Sansei Discussion Thread

I'm going to agree with those saying SFFT. SFOT, and SFGAdv are just too big of parks to put something with such a small rate of people per hour into their parks...

There is no indication whatsoever on what the capacity of this ride will be. Unless you know something we don't.

Edit - And before you jump the gun, this is the Free Spin, not the Free Fly model in Sweden.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna say this is either for an independent park or for a six flags park. I could see something like this at Darien Lake or Elitch Gardens. If its at a Six Flags park, I'm gonna say Great Escape or some other Six Flags park that really hasn't been teasing anything. I doubt its for Fiesta Texas. But I do have a question. When they say that its gonna go at a park, do they mean they're gonna relocate the one in Logan Utah to a park, or are they gonna build one at a park with a completely different layout? Or are they just building a replica of the one in Utah? The way they phrased it it made it seem like the one thats gonna go at a park is gonna have the same layout as the one in Utah.

^ I highly doubt that as it's been widely publicized that the new Lagoon coaster is a completely in-house design and build. It's the only full in-house coaster outside of Disney. Unlike Wicked which was designed in-house but made by Zierer, the new coaster is 100% Lagoon.

^^ The one in Utah is just for testing purposes. At IAAPA they showed a bigger layout.

I was under the impression that they were getting the one in Utah haha. Well this good! It means a bigger ride! Any idea how tall it is or how much space it will take up? That would help in narrowing down which park its going to.

Yes! Yes! YYYEEESSS!!! Happy day!

As much as I would love it to be Kentucky Kingdom, I doubt it will be because from Hart's established plans, he was going to reopen T2 then redo the Twisted Twins. Even though Holiday World has now added the B&M launced Wing Rider which certainly is going to stand out more than reopen a 20 year old clone with a reputation for being rough, the reality is Hart has to work with the budget he has. While that is a lot of coaster for $7 million, the fact is he did just reopen the park and had to spend a lot more than originally anticipated.

As long as it is somewhere closer than Magic Mountain, I will be thrilled.

The 4D Free Spin will be installed at a major U.S. theme park around April of 2015.

Hmmm... any guesses? They do reference Six Flags in that article because of X2. Hmm....

Oh, come on, Robb, we all know you know where and you're just messing with us.

I'm calling Canobie Lake. So there.

I'd love to see it at Canobie, but they have a height limit of 80-85 feet. I agree that it is either going to Hershey or Fiesta Texas.

The $7 million ride — with a speed of 38 miles per hour on a 1,265-foot track...

S&S wants to make “a more family-friendly ride with more variability where with each time you ride it you get a different experience,” explained Worley, when describing the 4-D Free Spin.

With both of these quotes I could really see this being a hit at Silver Dollar City, or Dollywood. The speed, the length, the price, and the "Family Friendly" all seem perfect for SDC or DW. However, Dollywood just got Fire Chaser Express, so I couldn't see them building another coaster this year. Maybe we can see it showing up at Silver Dollar City?

The $7 million ride — with a speed of 38 miles per hour on a 1,265-foot track...

S&S wants to make “a more family-friendly ride with more variability where with each time you ride it you get a different experience,” explained Worley, when describing the 4-D Free Spin.

With both of these quotes I could really see this being a hit at Silver Dollar City, or Dollywood. The speed, the length, the price, and the "Family Friendly" all seem perfect for SDC or DW. However, Dollywood just got Fire Chaser Express, so I couldn't see them building another coaster this year. Maybe we can see it showing up at Silver Dollar City?

SDC is rumored to get an expanded kids area and of course that new S&S drop tower. IDK about the free spin ride there, but I think it would work. I guess I just never imagined it there. I see this at a six flags park. In all honesty, I see this coming to Great Adventure. Thats my bet. It'd fit, and work with their line up perfectly. It makes a lot more sense than those RMC woodie rumors.

Edited by CPSFMMCW

I'm going to agree with those saying SFFT. SFOT, and SFGAdv are just too big of parks to put something with such a small rate of people per hour into their parks...

There is no indication whatsoever on what the capacity of this ride will be. Unless you know something we don't.

Edit - And before you jump the gun, this is the Free Spin, not the Free Fly model in Sweden.

On top of that, S&S worked to improve the low rider per hour problem on the Free Fly with the Free Fly X having riders front and back. I would say that SFOT would probably be the best choice of the group to add it to considering that they have not had a new coaster (NTAG is a transformation) since Pandemonium. SFOT coaster count dropped when they removed Flashback/Boomerang and SFFT already had a higher inversion before that happened. What SFFT lacks current due to the Iron Rattler transformation is a wooden coaster and it probably wouldn't hurt to have a coaster that doesn't feature an inversion in their line up other than Road Runner Express for those whom don't like inversions. I could also see it go to SFGAdv as it is very different from anything there, but I would think it would be more valued at SFOT given the much newer line up at SFGAdv (though they due for a new one before long since their last addition was a 14 year old Stand Up). Of course, it would be more than welcome at SFSTL but I'm sure it won't go here due to the rumored new dark ride.

Interesting observation. Normally I would say no chance for it being SDC, but considering how aggressive they are getting lately with Dollywood anything is possible. I'd be great if so.

So with Motorama closing at SFFT and this new S&S coaster having a Zac Spin foot print, I'm going to assume that if it goes to SFFT they're going to use the Motorama station for the coaster.

The pic below shows Motorama's station (just above center of the pic). Looks like that area would fit a coaster with a thin footprint perfectly. (I'm guessing)

The only thing about this is it's rumored that The Hustler (pool balls lower right of the pic) are going to be removed as well. If that's the case I don't see why they would need so much space for a small footprint coaster.

image.jpg.6465b2c6887838ac3c92f019b010dbe6.jpg

I like how people completely forget about the smaller but growing parks in the Midwest. The one that comes to mind for this ride is frontier city. They have removed three high thrill rides in name of family rides so I could see them get a new coaster. They had a survey and they had something similar to a 4d coaster on there and it got a lot of likes. All the land they could build on their property is long and narrow. Eruption has been removed there too. So they could use it's somewhat large que and and platform for a new ride. They even said on their Facebook that big things are in store for 2015..........

It's not really that small of the park. It does get huge crowds on the weekends. While weekdays are pretty dead wich is what most parks are like. I mean it has like three major coasters. Silver bullet, diamondback, and wildcat. I'm sure they've worked with SS with eruption and parts for diamondback

Interesting idea, but I doubt that either Premier or CNL would want to take a gamble on a prototype, especially one that costs $7 million. It's possible, but there's a lot of better things they could and should get.

You can also cross SDC off the list, they are getting a collection of fairly small flats + a rebuilt playhouse for 2015.

So the list of major parks that aren't already solidly rumored to get something else can't be all that long... lets throw a few others out there: Valleyfair? Darien Lake? SFA?