TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

As much as I'd like to rag on Cedar Fair and say they're using up their leftover Sierra Sidewinder paint, I'm sure those pictures were taken at the Zamperla Factory in Italy, where the painting is done. Now, everyone, those are some rare exclusive photos that will not be seen anywhere else! Bravo to Bruno to a truly great post! He is one of those who make TPR great.

When you stop and think about it, how many different colors would fit the theme of the Pony Express? Yeah, we all joke about Cedar Fair and their...interesting color schemes. Honestly, I think this ride will look fine.

You certainly wouldn't want a bright green and purple coaster out in the middle of the Old West, would you?

Eric

^Of course not, but Knotts already has what four(soon to be five) red/orange coasters out of a total of eight(soon to be nine) coasters. When over half of your coasters have the same color scheme, it is overdoing it. A color scheme like Raging Bull would be fine, but the color scheme chosen looks like something you'd see at a carnival/small parking lot park.(ie Coney Beach)

When you stop and think about it, how many different colors would fit the theme of the Pony Express? Yeah, we all joke about Cedar Fair and their...interesting color schemes. Honestly, I think this ride will look fine.

You certainly wouldn't want a bright green and purple coaster out in the middle of the Old West, would you?

Eric

I stopped worrying about color when Silver Bullet turned out to be anything but silver. A color scheme that doesn't match the surrounding area can either look horrible or add a complementary look that brightens the area. Bright colors like orange and red are some of the most exciting colors we have. Maybe that's what they were going for here.

-Bob

Hey my "Sticky Nicky" friend, the screamscape.com pics are the same pics here published!!! It's a little bit strange because this time I have not spoken with Lance Hart (and I have not sent to him anything)!!! This means that someone play a not correct game here!!! I am a little bit disappointed!!! Anyway...

I must be the only one that is not looking forward to the installation of this ride, and am disappointed they are again ruining part of the parks original themeing.

A short, unoriginal layout that could have been several times better if they had just taken the time to do it right. Now the colors have come out and they're just as disappointing.

This will be Knott's second installed ride in a row that doesn't bring me into the park to ride. I could really care less.

Knott's = still going downhill

I must be the only one that is not looking forward to the installation of this ride, and am disappointed they are again ruining part of the parks original themeing.

A short, unoriginal layout that could have been several times better if they had just taken the time to do it right. Now the colors have come out and they're just as disappointing.

This will be Knott's second installed ride in a row that doesn't bring me into the park to ride. I could really care less.

Knott's = still going downhill

I've been a pass holder for years at Knott's and I'm leery about this ride. If only because it's involving Boot Hill but that's the only place that is being disturbed. The one old building they tore down was to be tore down anyway Maybe if they repaired it (the building) years ago they wouldn't have had to tear it down. I was leery about Silver Bullet and I love the ride but I don't like it at Knott's or at least where they put it. I don't think Knott's is going down hill. Well Jonny Rockets? Panda Express? Giant Swing? OK they have made some odd decisions but I think Sierra Sidewinder is not one of them. To me the jury is still out on Pony.I just hope they restore the creek with the guy panning for gold.

At least there are a few variations and they're not all painted the exact same color. (Track, supports, and all)

I think this ride will be a success, despite the smaller design. As someone brought up earlier, Furius Baco had a short design and that person said they were glad it wasn't longer. This might be the same case.

I keep reading about the lousy color scheme. Knowing that this is going into a wooded area and through the back of Ghost Town what color scheme would you all like it to be? I think the scheme they chose will not be intrusive to the Ghost Town area. I like the brown supports but a hunter green track would be nice. Just a thought.

Honestly I could give two craps about the color scheme (even though I think its horrendous).

But when you see a compact coaster like this compared to a coaster like the one Knotts is plopping in, it really makes you wonder what the hell Knotts was on when they signed the deal.

There's a thread already started for worst addition of 2007, I'm starting the worst addition of 2008 thread right here, right now.

We can continue the list as the year goes on...chances are #2 will happen at Knott's this year as well.

Oh! I already thought of it. Panda Express smack dab in the center of Ghost Town, themed western, right across from the Log Ride.

#1 The Pony Express

#2 Panda Express in Western Themed area of the Park

Funny or horribly coincidental, both have the word Express in them.