TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I was at Knotts on Saturday the 29th and it was wonderful. Not crowded at all. There was no "toys for tots" going on so there was about 6 to 7 thousand patrons in the park. Over the "tots" drive they were getting 35 to 40 thousand patrons. At Knotts that's crazy crowded. They can't handle the big crowds. Pony X scares me a little because they are messing with Boot Hill. I know this is a custom Zamperla coaster so you can't move this thing over another 10 ft? LEAVE BOOT HILL ALONE!!! I love Knotts and I don't want them to lose their identity.

I am completely unthankful for this ride. Knotts didn't need it. Looks like a piece of crap and its taking away even more of the park's charm.

I'm disowning you KBF. You suck.

I'll probably go once next year once it opens though, as I haven't been on the Sierra Sidewinder yet.

Sidewinder is great. A boat load of fun and family friendly. My 8 year old daughter loves it. Knotts has a tough deal. They have to keep their past but grow the park. To me I feel they should work on building a great dark ride. That terrible Kingdom of the baby Dinosaurs is gone and there is a nice ride system already there. They should do a Charlie Brown dark ride or something to do with Halloween. They could do a Peanuts theme Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and then change it around for the Christmas season. Hell they took out Rolly Crumbs great Knoots Bear-y Tales. That was a great sweet dark ride. I just hope they are done with coasters (for a while) after Pony X.

Even though I will probably never ride it, here is my thought on it.

The design itself looks prettey bland and boring and on the press release it said "Airtime Hills and Tight Helixes" I don't see any tight helixes on there but those hills look prettey decent. I mean it looks like the perfect family ride and I'm sure 8-12 year olds will love it! I can just picture them telling their friends "They've rode a launched coaster!". I like the fact the hight resriction is prettey low to so that means everyone in the family could probably be able to go on it. I do think it is really clever what they have done here if you think about it in a managers point-of-view. All the kids 13 years and above would want to ride Xcellerator and all the people below that age would want to ride Pony Express. They are probably just trying to even out the Family and Thrill seekers so that it is fair, I mean they already have Ghostrider, Xcellerator, Montezoomas Revenge (If that counts) and that inverter which I have forgotten the name of, surely that should be enough thrill rides for one park? You can't expect every park to be adding the next biggest thing as new, hight and fast coasters with lots of inversions do cost alot of money. Think of it as KBF "Taking a break" for a while and maybe in 2009 they will add a more Extreme ride.

Cheers,

BlackHole2005

You guys better hope as much as you can that you don't wind up with the Intamin model, the version at Dreamworld really is a stinker, uncomfortable trains and a poor layout.

Dont you just love the pacing

Dude, the vekomas are kicking all sorts of ass, but the intamins suck? Motorbike coasters are going against all my beliefs

I like the fact the hight resriction is prettey low to so that means everyone in the family could probably be able to go on it.

The thing is that the height restriction isn't that low. It's the same as Montezuma, Perilous Plunge, Boomerang, and Ghostrider and just 4 inches shorter than Xcelerator.

Pony Express mini update - This is a very small gift that I promised to Robb and all TPR forum readers (just enough to well begin the 2008 season). Brown supports, orange track...!!! That's all!!! Due to technical reasons I am not allowed to post any other image. Other updates could come in the next future only by Knott's press office (...or eventually by any other local spy...!!!)

Note: I respect the BlackHole2005 post/comment but... I hope he knows the amusement industry is not based only on steel giants and titan investments. A good family oriented ride with the right thrill factor for a park that needs to capture and entertain not only teenagers and thrillseekers; a custom deisgned ride with a mid hourly capacity, a good launch, a couple of banked turns and hills; that's it!!! Sierra Sidewinder could be considered as well... and the market is moving on this way... since 2006!!!

DSC04392.JPG.e62b0694abb035ec6de0e01b951ef1be.JPG

OMG!!! The final orange track section of the straight launch!!! Maximum speed at this point!!!

DSC04394.JPG.ec3825b6993466fa55b18e552c72ac35.JPG

Wow, a little bit curved section of orange track!!!

DSC04395.JPG.f6998ad4b3f6711b298f52fea34b8ada.JPG

Oooh, look!!! Orange track with two kick-off!!!

Bruno,

Thanks for the pictures! I run a Knott's fan site (possibly the only site on the net that coves Knott's exclusively), and I will provide a link to your pictures. I agree with your outlook about Knott's and its recent family coasters. Sierra Sidewinder is a perfect example of a family ride that fills this niche well. I've ridden multiple times where parents and children are enjoying it equally. I hope Pony Express will deliver the same sort of result.

We all love the history that Knott's is known for, but unfortunately, the number of people who appreciate that history and buy tickets to see this history lessens each year. Knott's has to change with the times if it is to survive, and from what I have seen these last few years, Cedar Fair is doing a good job with the park. This is no easy task considering the rabidly dedicated fan base that is reluctant to see change.

I'm torn when it comes to history vs. thrills. I love the history, but I also understand the realities of the industry. Silver Bullet is a great ride, and Xcellerator is a big improvement over Windjammer. I miss the slower, more peaceful Farm, but that park still has many, many days where it is not very crowded. On those days, the lack of people makes it possible to have a very relaxing day, despite the new set of rides available.

-Bob

www.bear-ytales.net

Bruno,

Thanks for the pictures! I run a Knott's fan site (possibly the only site on the net that coves Knott's exclusively), and I will provide a link to your pictures. I agree with your outlook about Knott's and its recent family coasters. Sierra Sidewinder is a perfect example of a family ride that fills this niche well. I've ridden multiple times where parents and children are enjoying it equally. I hope Pony Express will deliver the same sort of result.

We all love the history that Knott's is known for, but unfortunately, the number of people who appreciate that history and buy tickets to see this history lessens each year. Knott's has to change with the times if it is to survive, and from what I have seen these last few years, Cedar Fair is doing a good job with the park. This is no easy task considering the rabidly dedicated fan base that is reluctant to see change.

I'm torn when it comes to history vs. thrills. I love the history, but I also understand the realities of the industry. Silver Bullet is a great ride, and Xcellerator is a big improvement over Windjammer. I miss the slower, more peaceful Farm, but that park still has many, many days where it is not very crowded. On those days, the lack of people makes it possible to have a very relaxing day, despite the new set of rides available.

-Bob

www.bear-ytales.net

Welcome Bob Barber.For those of us who are Kontt's fans this is the site to bookmark "bear-ytales" Bob runs a great site.Thanks for the pics Bruno. Great Job.

Wow, those are some great pics! Thanks Bruno! I was at the park yesterday and it looks like half of the graveyard is going. Also, there are these wierd little wooden boxes that are about 15 feet wide. I have no idea what they're for, unless it's just a huge footer.

---Brent