TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

P. 15: SeaWorld Abu Dhabi construction now 40% complete

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point I might as well put my hat in the ring for Sea World and Six Flags and see if they bite. They have been burning through CEO's

This is getting ridiculous. He probably had Scott Ross and the board breathing down his neck. They need to actually give the CEO some liberty and creative control in the future if they want to retain one. Reilly would have been perfect, he has been with the company a long time and loves the parks but nope he wasn’t good enough either and now he’s at Palace.

Also, this is the EXACT SAME REASON Antorcha gave for his resignation. “According to the release, Rivera said his resignation was due to disagreements over the board’s involvement in the decision making at SeaWorld.”

It’s obvious Scott Ross just wants someone to be a figurehead for the company and his personal b**** boy and these executives are not going to take it. There needs to be some major self reflection in the upper management of this company. The animal ambassadors are so passionate and dedicated, but as an outsider the corporate structure seems beyond toxic to me.

Employees wrote an open letter asking for Scott Ross to be removed. 0% chance it happens, but at least they are putting his name into the light a little bit so he knows his actions within the company are eligible to face public scrutiny.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/jobs-economy/os-cfb-seaworld-open-letter-20200407-rmk3fveihvemlinyecdayal2bm-story.html

Ouch. That's some harsh criticism. My wife and I were just talking about this yesterday and wondering if the speed at which CEOs are leaving might indicate some issues on the board. This seems to be evidence that there could be. I don't know much about corporate politics, but I would take this letter seriously. People generally don't write things like this without good cause.

The investment company he runs doesn't have a very diverse portfolio. It's Sea World (90%) and Dave & Busters (%10).

Can't say that I blame him for wanting control with almost a billion dollars on the line, but it is odd that they would hire two CEO's in a row that aren't in line with the boards vision.

The investment company he runs doesn't have a very diverse portfolio. It's Sea World (90%) and Dave & Busters (%10).

Can't say that I blame him for wanting control with almost a billion dollars on the line, but it is odd that they would hire two CEO's in a row that aren't in line with the boards vision.

It's not their strategic vision. It's their personal vision.. things like outsourcing your call center to the Philippines and not even providing health insurance to your furloughed employees. I think that was the primary reason Rivera left. The parks are closed now anyway, so what else would have been the final straw? If you type in Seaworld the Layoff and go to thelayoff.com you can read all sorts of anonymous insider information from disgruntled employees.

https://www.thelayoff.com/seaworld-entertainment

• 4 months later...

Not a surprise, but SEAS announced that Emperor, IceBreaker, Iron Gwazi and Pantheon will not open in 2020.

I read somewhere that SEAS wants to buy parks that don't make it through the pandemic

Yep, I read that too. Truly a Bizarro world we're living in right now.

LOL. They can't pay for the rides they just built, and now they're talking about buying more parks?

LOL. They can't pay for the rides they just built, and now they're talking about buying more parks?

I think they are choosing to not make final payments atm to keep the money in the bank rather then not having the funds to pay

Yeah, that's a smart, sustainable business model...can they just sell the Busch parks back to an alcohol company already?

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an email earlier this morning from Sesame Place, stating that they are extending the 2020 season passes through the entirety of the 2021 season. Not sure if this is something they are doing chainwide. Has anyone with passes for any of the SeaWorld or Busch Gardens parks received anything similar as of yet?

Also got the email, don't know how that works with our Platinum Pass that we pay monthly for? I'm guessing it was some sort of email mistake.

Seaworld SD has been given the green light to open as a zoo type atmosphere.... huge development for Cali theme park fans!!!!

Seaworld SD has been given the green light to open as a zoo type atmosphere.... huge development for Cali theme park fans!!!!

I wouldn’t really call it a huge development, but happy they will be able to offer something (outdoor exhibits only).

I wouldn’t really call it a huge development, but happy they will be able to offer something (outdoor exhibits only).

All of our parks have been closed for over 5 months. It’s big news even if it is no rides!

As far as SEAS acquiring new properties I'm sure there's no "real" info on what parks they are pursing but just curious what kind of places people here would be interested in if they were to be acquired and converted? Probably lots of smaller local water parks out there in desirable markets that could be re-branded into a Sesame Street park fairly easily.

I've always thought it would interesting to see them acquire a zoo and convert it into a SEAS property. Not necessarily a Busch Gardens level of investment or anything, and I have no earthly idea how much a zoo costs, but I know I've been to plenty of zoos and thought "this is fun, but it would be more fun for my kids with a few rides and maybe a water play structure and a couple slides". Again I know nothing about the business side of the industry but I could see a zoo with some kind of a Sesame Street Safari concept working really well.

There is the former Schlitterbahn Kansas City - stigmatized by the worst accident in water park history. Cedar Fair passed up on a bargain offer to buy it along with the Schlitterbahn parks they did buy.

If SW were to buy up this property they could give it a full Sesame Place makeover, making a radical transformation of a property many want to forget about. And it would no doubt be a bargain

All of our parks have been closed for over 5 months. It’s big news even if it is no rides!

Knotts was much bigger news finding an innovative way to operate. Other zoos were already open including SFDK up north!

There is the former Schlitterbahn Kansas City - stigmatized by the worst accident in water park history. Cedar Fair passed up on a bargain offer to buy it along with the Schlitterbahn parks they did buy.

If SW were to buy up this property they could give it a full Sesame Place makeover, making a radical transformation of a property many want to forget about. And it would no doubt be a bargain

Going to go out on a limb and say that won’t be happening.

Edited by Jew

So with parks around the country and in Central Florida cutting back hours (Disney/Universal) and days (Volcano Bay), somehow Sea World is doubling down and increasing their days open EVERY DAY in September!

• jedimaster1227 changed the title to SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread