TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What are some loud rides and coasters?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember on a family vacation to Vancouver, we stopped for 15 minutes at SFMM.

Me and my dad walked to the front gate. Every time Flashback would run a train, it would emit an extremely loud roar, probably the loudest coaster roar I've ever heard. Unfortunately the entrance was the closest I ever got to the park. (This was pre-Superman, maybe 1993-1994-ish)

HS:XLC's brakes were also annoyingly loud as well.

The boss on the straight away after the first drop and before the double down is awful.

While not a coaster, the Fright Fest welcome machine/pumpkin head at SF Great America is way too loud. You can hear every word clearly from the McDonalds that is about 3/4 a mile away from the entrance to the parking lot (about a mile plus from the entrance and there are many things between the two.)

Patriot is another sanded ride and it is SILENT, Spinnging Dragons is louder than it!

As far as loud rides go, Mr. Freeze is pretty loud. Mantis, B:TR, The Boss, and EK in the queue also come to mind.

^

I was just about to say the same thing. Colossus has to be the loudest coaster I have ever heard. You can hear it on the other side of the park. It has almost gotten to the point where I had to hold my ears as I went past it going through the loop. I mean, seriously, why? Also, this year, it seems to be screeching for some reason. I have never heard it do this. That too is pretty darn loud. Here's a video for those of you who don't know what I mean:

I'm not saying your wrong because I have never heard it in person, but Colossus doesn't sound all that loud from that video, no louder than, say, Millennium Force, which is fairly loud when standing directly under it, yes, but only in that spot. Now coasters like Mantis (video), S:TE, Son of Beast's lift hill, and arguably TTD are fairly loud coasters.

I'm not saying your wrong because I have never heard it in person, but Colossus doesn't sound all that loud from that video, no louder than, say, Millennium Force, which is fairly loud when standing directly under it, yes, but only in that spot. Now coasters like Mantis (video), S:TE, Son of Beast's lift hill, and arguably TTD are fairly loud coasters.

I can guarantee that it is much louder than that video showed. Ground-trembling loud. It isn't just a case of being next to it. It is anywhere in the park, or the car park for that matter! I do agree though that Superman the Escape is the loudest, though Colossus is a close second.