TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most. OverRated. Ride. of 2012.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say DiVertical just because there really isn't that much there. I think it looks fun and all, but compared to other 2012 coasters (SkyRush, Wodan...etc) it seems rather lame.

Oh, and Leviathan is cool and all, but I wouldn't expect much. Silver Star was at my home park and was fun, but I also had Expedition Ge Force even closer... sooo... yea

-- James

If you can guess which ride is on the top of my list, I *might* send you a bag-o-crap!

Robb I am going to say I think it might be the new B&M Invert at Asterix

Well considering its not getting much hype, and it looks genuinely awesome, I dont think so. I'd say Levaithan as Robb seems to hate that ride lol

• 10 months later...

Now that most of us has ridden many of these new attractions for 2012, I wonder if the same opinions still stand. I honestly can't think of anything that I ridden that was new for 2012 that I found disappointing. I thought Cars Land, Transformers: The Ride, and Verbolten were all great. Wild Eagle was better than expected. I guess the one new thing, though not new attraction, that I was really disappointed with is the very uncomfortable new trains on the Matterhorn.

Edited by Erik Johnson

New for 2012 rides I rode are Radiator Springs Racers, Verbolten, SkyRush, Transformers, LL:DOD (I think that's it).

I wasn't disappointed in any of them, but I do think RSR was actually the most "overrated" of them all. It's a "fun" ride, but it's nothing that blew me away. CarsLand is great but I actually enjoyed Maters more than RSR. That was the one ride I thought would be too similar to the Francis' ride in Bugs Land but I was completely surprised by how much fun it was.

For me, the biggest surprise was Verbolten. I really enjoyed it, great theme, fun coaster.

Transformers completely blew me away as did SkyRush. LL:DOD was also a great addition to SFMM.

I haven't been disappointed in any of the new U.S. attractions I've ridden this year, either--then again, I haven't been on too many new attractions. They were all pretty much what I expected.

There were a few that exceeded expectations, such as the new wood coasters in China.

I was able to ride Leviathan and Verbolten this year and thought they were both great. I also rode Apocalypse (if you consider that new) and while it had it's headbanging at parts of the ride, based on what I've heard of it at SFGA, they seem do have done a pretty good job relocating it. It's definitely far from the worst coaster at that park.

OzIris.

For me I now that were are in the last 2 months of the year... the most overrated ride seems to be OzIris. I choose this ride because the ride has an amazing looking layout and the themeing is among some of the best I've seen however, it was sad to hear that it was delivering a weak ride (force wise) compared to what many hope for from an B&M Invert.

Edited by vacoaster09

I did only West Coast this year... Superman UF, Cars Land, and Transformers (Never made it on Lex or Manta). I was impressed with all of it to be honest. Nothing let me down. Transformers was the most impressive to me, by far. Superman was also a great surprise, being much better than we all expected.

I would say the Matterhorn (though it was only the trains that were new) was the big disappointment. It made the ride much more uncomfortable and jarring.

^I haven't ridden it, but I was surprised to hear all the reports on how boring it was. I thought inverted coasters were the one safe bet we still had with B&M. And then Hair Raiser turns out to be great. Go figure.

Let's see. Leviathan is fun, not super crazy, but I'm happy with it.

I was a tad underwhelmed by Verbolten, but at the same time I can't really say anything bad about it. It's a solid ride. I think I was just expecting a lot, but it does what it does well.

Goliath, while a clone, was only my second GIB (first being in China), and I absolutely love these. Intense, smooth, just really cool rides.

Skyrush blew me away. No, not the most comfortable, but easily one of the craziest, scary-intense rides that I've ever ridden. Definitely the strongest negative gs of anything I've been on, including things like GeForce, and El Toro.

I loved Dinoconda!

I can't wait to see how some of these projects for next year turn out.

I can't think of any 2012 ride that I was disappointed by. Manta is easily the best family coaster I've been on, Radiator Springs Racers is my second favorite ride at Disney California Adventure Park (after California Screamin'), Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is quite fun, Transformers is not the best ride ever, but it's still in the top tier, and I'd place Leviathan in my top ten list (although it isn't my favorite B&M). I even thought the Red Car Trolley was a fun addition to DCA, although it has weird operational policies. Actually, the one new attraction that I'd say was disappointing was Luigi's Flying Tires simply because the ride seemed pointless and always has an excessive line.

As for the most overrated, even though I didn't get to ride it I'd probably say OzIris. A lot of the early reports made it out as the best B&M Inverted coaster to date, but almost every trip report I've read from the TPR Europe trip seems to say the opposite. Of the rides I went on, it's Transformers since even though it's a great ride it isn't the best simulator ride out there like a lot of people claim.

Leviathan was everything I expected it to be. It wasn't a chart topper, but it was one of the very best.

Skyrush is the overrated addition of 2012. Actually, it shouldn't be overrated because it's layout and setting are spectacular. However, Skyrush inflicted so much pain on the thighs, that it can't be considered a great coaster. For the first time, I didn't enjoy airtime. It's slightly above average because of the first drop and the sensation of being ejected on a couple of the turns. However, Skyrush will not be great or elite as it was intended to do until it fixes the issues with the restraints.

Not sure if I posted on this since it is now actually 2012... For me the most overrated new ride that I've had the chance to experience is Leviathan.. I love a good B&M hyper and I've ridden some of the highest rated ones in the world, but during my initial ride, I assumed the end of the ride was the mid course break run.....

That being said, Canada's Wonderland was easily my favorite park of 2012. The ride mix, staff, cleanliness, and atmosphere makes me want to visit again as soon as possible.. It's now my favorite cedar fair park...

chris " but seriously, behemoth is a better coaster" con

I feel kinda bad saying it's "overrated," but Verbolten certainly wow-ed me the least out of the new 2012 installations that I rode this year. Granted, the only other ones I rode were Wild Eagle and SkyRush, but Verbolten just seemed like it could have been a lot better than what it was. I know it's only supposed to be a family coaster, but I was very underwhelmed. Then again, it's entirely possible I was just exhausted from the trip that weekend and that affected my opinion on the ride. Loved the building portion, but everything else just kinda fizzled for me.