TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's the worst station you've been in

The answer to this question is every single coaster at California's Great America.

I absolutely hated every station at Great America when I went. And there's just something about not having roofs on stations that just really bothers me.

Lol, do you remember how to entrance to Invertigo was on the opposite side of the air gates and queue. Vortex had an okay station to me though.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few on my list that are just terrible.

Riddler's Revenge at Six Flags Magic Mountain - Just a cluster of people and in the summer it can just be gross in there.

Xcelerator at Knott's - Each car has its own gate, not each row. Can be confusing for people.

Speed: The Ride (Defunct) - In the summer, it was downright brutal in the station, very little A/C, both ends open to the outside and the station was painted black. (not to mention the 15 minute dispatches)

California's Great America - Any ride without a cover over the station.

Jaguar at Knott's - I almost get lost inside the temple part of the queue every time I go there, the one ramp looks like it only leads to an emergency exit. People don't fill in all available rows and it tends to hold up the line. I believe a grouper is needed for this kind of station.

Ghostrider at Knott's - Same issue as Jaguar, there is no grouper and people do not fill in all available space in the station, tends to hold up the line.

X before X2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain - In the past, it seemed like you waited longer in the station than you did outside. Having to wait for seats to rotate etc., especially when they were running one train.

Rolling Thunder. You have the switchback in the station and then the waiting rows don't have much room and can hold 2 trains worth of people at the most and then they are blocking all the other rows so you have people waiting in the station in the switchback and if the others don't move up to fill in empty rows (if a lot of people are waiting for the last few rows) then some rows might not have people waiting for them which gives people just entering the station the opportunity to climb over the switchback to take an empty row and cut the people still in line in the station. I guess it doesn't matter now though since the ride is gone.

It is not the worst, but it is horrible design, Desert Storm at Castles n Coasters in Tempe. There are no gates the lines just turn two corners, and we know how the GP has a hard enough time keeping their hands behind a gate let alone not having anything to stop them but their common sense.

Off the top of my head the one that irritates me is El Toro. It's so narrow and it gets full of people who don't move back and ends up feeling claustrophobic and making me want to hurt all the obnoxious people. The ride does totally make up for the frustration though, and usually the back rows end up with shorter waits so I supposed there is some win to it's horrible design...

Yeah, you've guessed it: Skyrush. Honestly, I think that if they could fit an entire coaster in a rather tight area they had to be able to fit some stairs on the right side of the station (which is all it needed).

Another vote from me for riddlers revenge station house. Gets really crowded and cramped in that on with any kind of wait at all. Also going to throw out flight deck at kings island simply because it was ten minute walk to get back there and it looks like it could hold about five hours worth of people. Has anyone actually been there when the whole thing was in use?

The answer to this question is every single coaster at California's Great America.

I have to agree with this, even as my home park. They really need shade on all coasters except the two covered ones. (Grizzly and Gold Striker) They should even consider shade for some of the queues as well.

Pretty much any of the Six Flags "sheds" would get my vote.

Not so much bad stations but bad bad operations on stations where they just throw a few hundred people in at a time and hope it all works out annoy me. Trying to get all your group on the same train can be difficult.

I agree that Riddler's Revenge is one of the worst-designed stations. Volcano at KD also has a very poor station (that's usually filthy), but the park may be improving that one for next year.

I really dislike the queue path up to iRat. It is extremely narrow and cramped and is practically a climb up a wall. It is one or two people wide and is often packed full. Not to mention the operators never seem to know what they are doing and the dispatch times take way too long during a normal day at the park from my experience.

called "Roller Coaster."

Don't feel bad about that. I bet every coaster in my country has the equivalent of the word "coaster" somewhere in its name. Not only that, there isn't even a single inversion in the entire country.