TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

why does Shockwave and Mindbender pull so much G's? They're not very high off the ground, and they don't go crazy fast. I find that odd, since a coaster like i305 goes crazy fast and is crazy tall and yet it doesn't even make the top 3.

With that mindset, you've got a lot to learn about the capabilities of smaller coasters!

why does Shockwave and Mindbender pull so much G's? They're not very high off the ground, and they don't go crazy fast. I find that odd, since a coaster like i305 goes crazy fast and is crazy tall and yet it doesn't even make the top 3.

With that mindset, you've got a lot to learn about the capabilities of smaller coasters!

Like Mega-lites. I've not been on one, but I've only heard good feed back.

Depends on the manufacturer and the mechanisms of the ride I guess. Most B&Ms pull around 4 to 4.5 G's.

Many factors, the one most contributing factor is the fact that the loops on those coasters are circulaur and close to the ground, Shockwave and Mindbender are also taller and faster than you would think, as they are terrain coasters, and go farther down than their first drop.

^Yup. I'd think it's more because of the circular loop and how fast it takes it. The feeling of rushing towards the vertical loop and getting a sudden jolt of heavy g's upon entering, slight floater at the top, and more heavy g's coming down, before exiting and suddenly feeling normal again! Something that makes Schwarzkoph coasters stand out!

^ I haven't, and I feel pretty bad for myself . In fact, I've only been on one Schwarzkoph: Sooperdooperlooper and while the loop was reasonably forceful the rest of the ride was just average.

I've only been on two (Whizzer and Scorpion). Both ended up being a lot better than I expected.

getting back on topic here... me and my family where driving home from Atlanta the other day, and when we went past SFOG (with Batman and Mindbender directly to the side of me), I saw an unknown coaster with red track and yellow supports in the background. I seem to remember hearing something about a water coaster named Cobra being part of the Hurricane Harbor expansion, but I have only heard it from one source. It can't have been Dare Devil Dive, because 1: You can only see the top of the Eurofighter top hat lift from I-20, and 2: The parts of the ride I saw where a standard lift hill with a turnaround at the top followed by a drop. Anyone else seen this?

getting back on topic here... me and my family where driving home from Atlanta the other day, and when we went past SFOG (with Batman and Mindbender directly to the side of me), I saw an unknown coaster with red track and yellow supports in the background. I seem to remember hearing something about a water coaster named Cobra being part of the Hurricane Harbor expansion, but I have only heard it from one source. It can't have been Dare Devil Dive, because 1: You can only see the top of the Eurofighter top hat lift from I-20, and 2: The parts of the ride I saw where a standard lift hill with a turnaround at the top followed by a drop. Anyone else seen this?

In the winter, with the leaves off of the trees, I am pretty sure you can see DDD behind Mindbender. I think that is what you saw.

Turn around at the top followed by a drop? I was gonna say Ninja but the supports are black and the first drop is a turn. I'm not saying you're imagining things but thinking about SFOG's coaster collection, there are no coasters that match that description.