TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Ride Ninja in the front seat of the last car - also, use the "vekoma brace position" to avoid headbanging .

Although moderately brutal, it has a pretty neat layout.

This is the best advice ever; took it when we were at the park last Sunday, and Ninja went from "Worst Coaster Ever" to "...Only in these seats." Still felt a little thrown around, but it was like night and day!

Tried the same seats for Cyclone, as advised here, and well, I really love the Topper Track on that first drop, but it didn't make the rest of the ride much better.

Ride Ninja in the front seat of the last car - also, use the "vekoma brace position" to avoid headbanging .

This is the best advice ever; took it when we were at the park last Sunday, and Ninja went from "Worst Coaster Ever" to "...Only in these seats." Still felt a little thrown around, but it was like night and day!

Tried the same seats for Cyclone, as advised here, and well, I really love the Topper Track on that first drop, but it didn't make the rest of the ride much better.

Good to know. I may have been foolish enough to try riding Cyclone in the back. I'll stick to front row until they do topper track over the whole ride.

Good to know. I may have been foolish enough to try riding Cyclone in the back. I'll stick to front row until they do topper track over the whole ride.

I've never found Georgia Cyclone all that brutal, but I am fine with a little bumpiness on woodies, as long as it doesn't hurt.

I was at the park yesterday for around an hour. I got 7 laps in on Goliath before I decided I didn't want to get pelted in the face by rain anymore. Processed my season pass & headed home.

I did notice that they have single-rider lines now. I didn't go around to all the rides, but I saw them on Goliath & Scorcher. Looks like it just lets you skip the 1-3 train wait inside the station (which isn't really worth it IMHO). I think it would be much better if they let single-riders come up the flash pass entrance and then go straight to the SR line in the station. It wouldn't affect the length of the main queue at all, and would make life better for single-riders. The problem with it as they appear to have implemented it is that if I've already waited an hour for a coaster, I'm going to wait the extra 2 trains to sit where I want, which isn't going to make anything any better.

Honestly, running one train where another park (like CP) would run 2 or 3 appalls me.

Did you happen to ask an employee for a reason? I only ask because I can't even remember the last time a saw a coaster run only one train at SFOG where the other trains wasn't actually being worked on by maintenance.

Honestly, running one train where another park (like CP) would run 2 or 3 appalls me.

Did you happen to ask an employee for a reason? I only ask because I can't even remember the last time a saw a coaster run only one train at SFOG where the other trains wasn't actually being worked on by maintenance.

Either not enough people or the projected crowds were low. It was also raining. Either way, there were not many lines, but I don't think that CP would run one train in this situation. Well, maybe because of the rain. Note- this comes from the CP/CF fanboy.

It was also raining. Either way, there were not many lines, but I don't think that CP would run one train in this situation.

Actually, that's one more train than Cedar Point would run in that situation because they close pretty much everything in the rain.

^While I was there last summer there was around 1h30 min of rain (more drizzle, really) and all the B&Ms kept running (and so did wicked twister). I don't really know about the others as I stayed by the entrance area during that period.

^While I was there last summer there was around 1h30 min of rain (more drizzle, really) and all the B&Ms kept running (and so did wicked twister). I don't really know about the others as I stayed by the entrance area during that period.

We were there and there was a DOWNPOUR. We were next to get on the Gatekeeper train and you couldn't even see the lift. But that continued for about 2 hours, so we went back to our hotel, and back to the park after lunch. But they closed every ride except wicked twister. When it was just even a couple drops of rain.

My understanding was it changes something with the drive tires to counteract how slick the rains makes them, so the system then requires two blocks between trains instead of the usual one, which requires two train rides to drop to one and three train rides to drop to two. It has been several years since it was explained to me by someone that had operated B&M rides, so I might be messing something up.

When I was there last July 4th weekend all coasters closed in the rain but many of the flats stayed open. I rode the Enterprise in a huge down pour - it was pretty fun.

There was even a moment when the sun was out when we were in line for the Corkscrew and it stopped running. We were at the top of the steps, when we ask the employee why it stopped he said because of weather.

It was also raining. Either way, there were not many lines, but I don't think that CP would run one train in this situation.

Actually, that's one more train than Cedar Point would run in that situation because they close pretty much everything in the rain.

They also run one train in bad weather, hence the "Well, maybe because of the rain." I was thinking more of crowd conditions. Maybe SFOG does "one-train-in-the-rain" that CP does when they run their rides in the rain?

Has there been any artwork released for what Hurricane Harbor is supposed to look like when it opens? Also where is there already that one existing play water structure that has been at the park for a few years?

Here is a rendering:

The Skull Island play structure is just to the right of what the photo shows.

When I was there last July 4th weekend all coasters closed in the rain but many of the flats stayed open. I rode the Enterprise in a huge down pour - it was pretty fun.

There was even a moment when the sun was out when we were in line for the Corkscrew and it stopped running. We were at the top of the steps, when we ask the employee why it stopped he said because of weather.

Guys this is the SFOG discussion thread, not the Cedar Point one.

^ Suprised to learn that rendering was accurate, I hasn't looked at it in awhile, but what I DID look at was the park map, which showed exactly that but in a different style.

Anyways, Skull Island is now Paradise Island, again confirmed by the map.