TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Six flags in Texas just calls it holiday in the park haha

Sfog has never done a Christmas event to my knowledge so it would be nice if they did. I would sure go!!! Usually go to Dollywood twice a year for Christmas. Magical time in theme parks!!

Several years ago fright fest was only at a few six flags now its at all.. Last yr holiday at the park was only at 3 six flags maybe its expanding like fright fest. If so I hope its successful and becomes a yearly thing.

Just thought of something. The announcement could be for holiday in the park and the words spell out North Pole. Just a guess though

Fits with what was just added today too.

It's the Final Day to guess what the SECRET WORD is in our game of Hangman for our MAJOR announcement on Monday.

_ _ R T _ _ O L _ (2 words, 9 letters). Final guesses?

Visited the park this afternoon for a couple of hours before it started storming.

Decided to try riding the Georgia Cyclone in the "magic" seat (front row of last car). I've never had such a good ride on that coaster. It was excellent. Got so much air that at one point my butt was on top of the divider between the seats.

Hit the Georgia Scorcher next in row 7. I'm not bothered by the stand-ups as much as many people on here, and GA Scorcher is my #2 (after Riddler's Revenge @ SFMM). It was running really well.

Headed back to Goliath to check the wait and decided to see if they would let me go up the flash pass entrance as a single rider. The girl working the line said they weren't supposed to, but she let me anyways. I really hope this becomes their standard policy (letting single riders up the FP queue), because otherwise it has no benefit. For Goliath, they were only letting one train's worth of people into each row in the station queue, so there would be absolutely no benefit at all to the SR line for anyone who already had to wait in the main queue.

Skipped DDD because it's not really all that much fun (I still think the lift hill needs to be like 50' taller for the elements as they are sized...there's just no forces to any of it).

Went to Mindbender. It was down, but they were doing test runs. Did a lap in the back row, and then waited 15 or so mins to do another lap in the front. Both are really fun.

Got in line for BTR, and it went down too. It came back up within 15 mins or so, though. It's always interesting to feel all the blood pooling in your feet.

Started to head towards the back of the park, but saw lighting and then thunder and thought better of it and decided to go ahead and leave. Got to the entrance, and they made an announcement about a severe thunderstorm warning. Just made it to the car before it really started coming down.

All-in-all, not a bad 2.5 hours.

SFOG did have christmas events in the late 1980's early 1990's. Maybe for only a few years. The great gasp was set up like a giant christmas tree. They had sledding and a ice skating rink set up along with some Christmas lights and shows around the park. I think even a few coasters were open. I went 2 different years.

From what I have read about the six flags parks that did it last year, most of the rides are open. I foubd a page from Texas saying if the temp is high enough all the coasters and rides ran. I know Dollywood temp is 40 for most coasters and 36 for the rest of the coasters. Flats are in like the 20's I believe.

I think the ride makers make the low temp

ANNOUNCEMENT: Six Flags Holiday In The Park festival is coming to SFOG starting on November 22! More than one million LED lights, beautiful Christmas trees and state-of-the-art decor will create the perfect magical atmosphere this holiday season!!

I remember when they did this back in the 80's. The Great Gasp was a Ginormous Christmas Tree. If I recall, the only rides open back then were the Looping Starship, Flying Dutchman, Freefall and Mindbender.

Although this is a great announcement, and I am glad the park is doing things like this again; I am really ready for them to have an addition that really excites me. Skyscreamer - then a water park addition...although great for the families - not really doing it for me. I still love the park and if I am travelling through Atlanta with some time to spare I will go - but nothing in the past couple of years has made me want to make a trip there specifically to go to Six Flags, which I used to do every year.

Hopefully more rides are open now. From what I read about the parks that tested it last year (Texas and California) most of the rides where open if they could be ran in the cold (cold really only affected Texas)

That's good I did read where last year the 2013 passes in Texas included it. I had also read that in Texas they did it like Dollywood and if u purchases a pass during the Christmas event it was good during the 2014 season, so this year as well.

Dunno if they will do that here in GA but a good idea if they do especially for people who don't have a pass by then

I think eventually we'll see it at all six flags parks. The way I look at this is that its like halloween haunt. It first started small, then caught on, and now every park does it. I think in a couple years it will be the norm at every park. Even Cedar Fair parks. Now, some of the coaster may not be operating at some of those parks, but still. I look forward for that day to come!

I think eventually we'll see it at all six flags parks. The way I look at this is that its like halloween haunt. It first started small, then caught on, and now every park does it. I think in a couple years it will be the norm at every park. Even Cedar Fair parks. Now, some of the coaster may not be operating at some of those parks, but still. I look forward for that day to come!

I doubt that the parks up north will do it, like SFGAm, where the average high for December is 34 degrees.