TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

getting back on topic here... me and my family where driving home from Atlanta the other day, and when we went past SFOG (with Batman and Mindbender directly to the side of me), I saw an unknown coaster with red track and yellow supports in the background. I seem to remember hearing something about a water coaster named Cobra being part of the Hurricane Harbor expansion, but I have only heard it from one source. It can't have been Dare Devil Dive, because 1: You can only see the top of the Eurofighter top hat lift from I-20, and 2: The parts of the ride I saw where a standard lift hill with a turnaround at the top followed by a drop. Anyone else seen this?

In the winter, with the leaves off of the trees, I am pretty sure you can see DDD behind Mindbender. I think that is what you saw.

Turn around at the top followed by a drop? I was gonna say Ninja but the supports are black and the first drop is a turn. I'm not saying you're imagining things but thinking about SFOG's coaster collection, there are no coasters that match that description.

The gravel area in the mid/upper part of the picture is where the wave pool is going. The gravel area to the lower right will be a slide complex.

In other news, they are replacing some track on the return portion of GASM. It appears to be normal off-season wooden coaster maintenance.

sfog_037.JPG.ca521ec0ac4a0bea4596b70ab30ae888.JPG

sfog_039.JPG.d7193da587f0d55cd5a915e25fcdb8ce.JPG

sfog_040.JPG.cb6d93d94cb375871557ee9df7df78f6.JPG

It is always great to see parks like this fixing up their rides. There was a reason that the Water Challenge on Great American Scream Machine at Deep South Bash was so difficult, and it was this very portion that was most often to blame for our cups coming back empty. Maybe our chances will be better next time around thanks to this retracking!

• 2 weeks later...

I've ridden GASM a number of times over the last few years, and never had an issue with it. Sure, GAMS is not top-ten material, but it's a solid, old-fashioned wooden coaster.

^ Agreed. It's great classic woodie fun. Though I haven't had issues with roughness over the last few years either, I appreciate that GASM is getting the TLC it needs as an older ride.

Anyone else beside myself planning to be at SFOG on opening day this year? Also, I'm curious if the new season pass processing system is going to be implemented and operational. Perhaps I missed something, but I haven't heard anything about it recently in the context of SFOG.

The GP frequently complain about GASMs roughness( although they will complaon about anything) Im glad its getting some fresh wood. It needed it in my opinion. I also wish they would add a sign or something and make the entrance better looking. Imo it looks kinda bad but maybe its just me.