TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

I mean, here you have an inverting wood coaster announced completely out of nowhere from a park chain that everyone loves in a park that just added a super cool flat ride next door to a former sh*thole that's currently investing 20 million dollars into becoming less of a sh*thole and actually being cool AND they offer a combo ticket with their other rapidly expanding and awesome park in Orlando that (by the way) also has a great wood coaster, crazy flat rides and really cheap beer. There's literally nothing to bitch about here but rather than not bitching and being happy, we're complaining about someone's NL skills. Thank god Fun Spot has cheap beer because I need it.

I'm just going to quote this again because it's perfect and describes so much about how I feel about the internet everyday. Especially this part:

"There's literally nothing to bitch about here but rather than not bitching and being happy, we're complaining about "

I mean, here you have an inverting wood coaster announced completely out of nowhere from a park chain that everyone loves in a park that just added a super cool flat ride next door to a former sh*thole that's currently investing 20 million dollars into becoming less of a sh*thole and actually being cool AND they offer a combo ticket with their other rapidly expanding and awesome park in Orlando that (by the way) also has a great wood coaster, crazy flat rides and really cheap beer. There's literally nothing to bitch about here but rather than not bitching and being happy, we're complaining about someone's NL skills. Thank god Fun Spot has cheap beer because I need it.

I'm just going to quote this again because it's perfect and describes so much about how I feel about the internet everyday. Especially this part:

"There's literally nothing to bitch about here but rather than not bitching and being happy, we're complaining about "

On the bright side at least it seems like everyone besides the one temporary banned complainer here is really happy about this announcement.

I haven't looked at peoples comments on Facebook or other social media but I always find people to be way more negative on there and the other forms of social media vs this forum.

I'll be down in Orlando in March/April so I'll miss this but I'm debating coming back down around September and hopefully will get to have a blast riding this.

I haven't looked at peoples comments on Facebook or other social media

I have. Don't. They're mostly complaining about the animation and the definition of the word "looping". Occasionally you'll find someone who's actually happy that an amazing looking coaster just got announced out of nowhere but for the most part it's just enthusiast dick waving.

Edited by coasterbill

On the bright side at least it seems like everyone besides the one temporary banned complainer here is really happy about this announcement. I haven't looked at peoples comments on Facebook or other social media

As stated above. Don't. I think most of the reaction of the complaining comes from social media. At this point I have probably had to delete no fewer than 200 comments from people bitching about petty things.

*sigh*

There's literally nothing to bitch about here but rather than not bitching and being happy, we're complaining about someone's NL skills.

For the record, and you all know my background by now, I couldn't freaking care less about it.

On the bright side at least it seems like everyone besides the one temporary banned complainer here is really happy about this announcement.

To his defense [EDIT: To explain why he was making those comments, even though I don't approve with it,] it's a bit easier to be a cynic when you aren't actually going to ride a newly announced coaster. We Europeans don't really get the reaction "OMG, awesome new coaster in central Florida".

That being said, this looks like an awesome coaster, kinda like an inverting Balder in some ways. I hope the speed of the inversion stays the same because that looks insane. I'm not sure whether I'm able to go there when I visit Florida with my family (maybe 2018) since I already wanna go to Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, Universal and maybe Disney (and ofcourse the polercoaster if it has opened by then).

Edited by Donkeygoat

To his defense it's a bit easier to be a cynic when you aren't actually going to ride a newly announced coaster. We Europeans don't really get the reaction "OMG, awesome new coaster in central Florida".

I'm sorry*, but this is a really f*cking stupid justification for making rude, obnoxious and terrible comments on the internet. If you honestly think it's "OK" to be pointlessly negative because you live on the other side of the world, please leave our forums and never come back. We really would like to avoid stupid people as much as humanly possible. I'm just going to quote this once again, because it's 100% accurate and correct, and if you don't agree with it, that's fine, just please leave our forums and go find somewhere else to be an idiot at....

* I'm not actually sorry.

Edited by robbalvey

I'm sorry if I came off as trying to defend him for making rude comments because in my opinion it's really irrelevant to be annoyed about a parks nolimits2 animation, and I agree with that quote wholeheartedly.

Anyways, looks like an awesome coaster and I'm happy that you Floridans (or whatever you call it) are getting this awesome new woodie!

The only bitching that I have about this coaster, is that it's not closer to me.

Same haha, but then again I realise we're getting an intamin hyper, another mack launch and a themed 170 foot dive coaster in 2018.

And you'll probably get something good at Michigans Adventure within the next 2.. well maybe 20 years.

To his defense

Hi Henry M.

This announcement really took my by surprise because this looks like a very un-American coaster. Some have already drawn comparisons to the sister over at Grona Land. What a unique lokking action packed ride!

I've already had this park on the bucket list due to the Skycoaster, but I'd totally visit for this ride. I'm glad they chose GG - now Fun Spot will have a sterling reputation not just GCI and Vekoma, but also GG. A bright future for Fun Spot!

Hi Henry M.

I just felt like I wanted to calm down the anger in the discussion by trying to show maybe his side of things, since he couldn't defend himself. Even though I'm pretty sure you're just joking; no, I'm not Henry, and I don't know him either. I understand how I could've annoyed some people by doing that and that it was stupid to poke my nose in, but I just wanted the heat to disappear.

Kindest regards,

-A swede who's actually new to these forums

PS. I also think it reminds me a bit of Twister, although I've only ridden it once because of the lines and I have no memory on my experience on it, but I'll ride it this summer again.

Okay...I've tried to find something to answer this, so forgive me if there is one out there...what happens to the Screamin' Swing as a result of this ride? Does it find a new home elsewhere in the park? Does it get removed entirely?

Okay...I've tried to find something to answer this, so forgive me if there is one out there...what happens to the Screamin' Swing as a result of this ride? Does it find a new home elsewhere in the park? Does it get removed entirely?

I wasn't sure of this either since the rendering is unclear but based on a live video they did I think it might be staying where it is. I don't think they ever mentioned the ride specifically but they showed the Go Kart tracks that are already being removed and implied that they were the only rides being removed for the coaster.

It sounds like during IAPPA they had a custom, Freedom Flyer-specific VR movie that they were showing off. I'm going with that... sorry guys. Personally though I think Freedom Flyer is a perfect choice for VR as long as it's optional.

Edited by coasterbill

Yeah, the VR system that they stuck on Freedom Flyer during the week of the Expo last year was really popular. It made the waits for the front rows of seats virtually nonexistent, but you ended up sitting in the seat doing nothing until the VR people were situated.